Welcome to the WRR/X Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Welcome to the WRR/X Forum

A place to share your passion for the WR250R/X!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
WR250R/X Forum

Spoke wraps anybody ever use them?

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
dragnframe

Spoke wraps anybody ever use them? Empty
PostSubject: Spoke wraps anybody ever use them?   Spoke wraps anybody ever use them? EmptyThu Apr 18, 2013 9:17 am

Just wondering if anybody has used these and how they held up? If you have if you can post some pics on here. trying to decide if I did get a set what color? I have a 2008 250x so its all blue,cant decide if I should do all blue,all black, half blue and half white,or half blue,half black.
Back to top Go down
bigg

bigg

PostSubject: Re: Spoke wraps anybody ever use them?   Spoke wraps anybody ever use them? EmptyThu Apr 18, 2013 9:52 am

you mean something like Spoke Skins?

maybe you should check out AccidentalBroadcast. he is installing some (white) spoke skins on his WRR. a video of final look and installation should be up on his youtube page soonish. check out his website and facebook page for some pictures.

https://www.facebook.com/AccidentalBroadcast

http://www.accidentalbroadcast.com/

Back to top Go down
dragnframe

PostSubject: Re: Spoke wraps anybody ever use them?   Spoke wraps anybody ever use them? EmptyThu Apr 18, 2013 11:25 am

Yea they look to be the same thing. Looks like maybe the spoke wraps are cheaper compared to the spoke skins. You ever use them on anything.
Back to top Go down
bigg

bigg

PostSubject: Re: Spoke wraps anybody ever use them?   Spoke wraps anybody ever use them? EmptyThu Apr 18, 2013 12:06 pm

no I've never used them on anything. not my thing frankly. I told you about AB, so that you can check out some pictures ( someone posted in the comments the wrr with blue skins, the ktm with orange skins and sometime next week probably his wr with white skins).

I have no personal experience with these things so can't tell you about whats better. your call on which brand to get. not too sure how the price/quality ratio for those things is.
Back to top Go down
dragnframe

PostSubject: Re: Spoke wraps anybody ever use them?   Spoke wraps anybody ever use them? EmptyThu Apr 18, 2013 2:19 pm

Ok, thanks for your input! thumb
Back to top Go down
dmmcd

dmmcd

PostSubject: Re: Spoke wraps anybody ever use them?   Spoke wraps anybody ever use them? EmptyFri Apr 19, 2013 8:57 am

I've seen them and they look okay. My concern is that they will hold all the moisture and crud inside against the spoke, leading to corrosion. I am not saying that it definitely will, but that would be my worry. Maybe if you take them off every so often and clean the spokes they would be fine.
Back to top Go down
Rapid Dog

PostSubject: Re: Spoke wraps anybody ever use them?   Spoke wraps anybody ever use them? EmptyMon Apr 22, 2013 2:33 pm

dmmcd wrote:
I've seen them and they look okay. My concern is that they will hold all the moisture and crud inside against the spoke, leading to corrosion. I am not saying that it definitely will, but that would be my worry. Maybe if you take them off every so often and clean the spokes they would be fine.

With all respect to Kalani....agreed, blingy BS along the lines of LED valve stem caps....
I can't see what they'd be good for other than riding in a parade.
They would actually attract more moisture to your spokes.
Someone thought they had a great idea. NOT.

Spoke wraps anybody ever use them? Decorate-parade-0711mld106228-532_xl
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Spoke wraps anybody ever use them?   Spoke wraps anybody ever use them? Empty

Back to top Go down

Spoke wraps anybody ever use them?
Page 1 of 1