Welcome to the WRR/X Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Welcome to the WRR/X Forum

A place to share your passion for the WR250R/X!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
WR250R/X Forum

My first dual sports bike

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
WR25RY

My first dual sports bike Empty
PostSubject: My first dual sports bike   My first dual sports bike EmptySat May 04, 2013 4:36 am

I came home with an used 2009 with 1600 miles. Paid $4000 for it. I guess I could have waited for a while and shopped around to see if there are better prices. Anyway, Seattle is an expensive town and cheapest bike with a clear title and running condition is at least $1000. I have been a casual road rider, but got the idea to take my bike off road and decided to buy a dural spots. This WR250R is my first off road bike. So excited.
Back to top Go down
saddletramp

PostSubject: Re: My first dual sports bike   My first dual sports bike EmptySat May 04, 2013 3:41 pm

Welcome aboard to a great forum.
Back to top Go down
manybikes

manybikes

PostSubject: Re: My first dual sports bike   My first dual sports bike EmptyWed May 15, 2013 11:04 pm

WR25RY wrote:
I came home with an used 2009 with 1600 miles. Paid $4000 for it. I guess I could have waited for a while and shopped around to see if there are better prices. Anyway, Seattle is an expensive town and cheapest bike with a clear title and running condition is at least $1000. I have been a casual road rider, but got the idea to take my bike off road and decided to buy a dural spots. This WR250R is my first off road bike. So excited.

Nothing wrong with that deal...I find that searching forever for a $300 cheaper deal is not worth it really.
Back to top Go down
WR25RY

PostSubject: Re: My first dual sports bike   My first dual sports bike EmptySun Jun 02, 2013 6:21 am

Thanks for the welcome. Yeah I was looking for Wolfman bags on CL not too long ago and came across another WR250R for $5000, but it had all the mods I wanted to do including the exhaust and side racks that would cost over $1000... Oh well, like you said, deal I got wasn't bad at all. In fact the bike I bought was on CL for almost 3 months listed for $4150. I think no body saw it because it was listed as WR25RY. I was just searching under Yamaha because sometimes people list it as WR 250 R or WR 250R or WR250 R... It was a lady selling her son's bike because he was in military and haven't been able to use it. She listed it as WR25RY because that's what the model name says in the title or registration from the dealer...
Back to top Go down
bassandgrass

PostSubject: Re: My first dual sports bike   My first dual sports bike EmptySun Jun 02, 2013 10:57 am

Sounds like a sweet deal to me! welcome aboard! thumb
Back to top Go down
5teN

PostSubject: Re: My first dual sports bike   My first dual sports bike EmptyThu Jun 06, 2013 4:27 pm

Haha, I almost bought that bike! You must have got it before me :)
Back to top Go down
WR25RY

PostSubject: Re: My first dual sports bike   My first dual sports bike EmptyFri Jun 07, 2013 4:04 am

Yeah it was listed in Ellensburg, about 2 hrs away from where I live. After lots of emails and few phone calls, we set it up for a pick up (I think it was Friday...), then the lady emails me a day before the pick up date to make sure I was coming because someone else asked for the bike. I emailed her I already reserved the U-Haul trailer tomorrow and I was coming with cash! That might have been you.

Anyway, there were few good deals when I was shopping. It was toss up between this bike and 2011 or 2012 with 600 miles for $5000... I'm glad I went with $1000 cheaper cause I already spent a little over $1000 with all the accessory I bought and I'm not done yet.

Back to top Go down
5teN

PostSubject: Re: My first dual sports bike   My first dual sports bike EmptyFri Jun 07, 2013 11:00 am

That is funny! I don't think that was me as I never got that close to arranging it. I was traveling a lot for work then and it was hard to get any of the good deals out there. I paid quite a bit more but got one 30 mins from where I live and didn't have to deal with importing it to Canada.

I'm sure that was a solid deal you got! The bike sounded mint!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: My first dual sports bike   My first dual sports bike Empty

Back to top Go down

My first dual sports bike
Page 1 of 1