Welcome to the WRR/X Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Welcome to the WRR/X Forum

A place to share your passion for the WR250R/X!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
WR250R/X Forum

Day ride to Hawk Mountain in Cohutta National Forest, GA

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
rsteiger

rsteiger

Day ride to Hawk Mountain in Cohutta National Forest, GA Empty
PostSubject: Day ride to Hawk Mountain in Cohutta National Forest, GA   Day ride to Hawk Mountain in Cohutta National Forest, GA EmptyMon May 13, 2013 7:57 am

Red Sand and I took a little ride up to Cohutta National Forest on Sunday (12MAY2013) and visited the top of Hawk Mountain.

Great riding up there and a big thanks to Red Sand for leading the way and linking the trails together. There are so many FS roads up there I think you could spend a week or two exploring them all.

Some pics and a vid from the ride.

One of the three creek crossings for the day:
Day ride to Hawk Mountain in Cohutta National Forest, GA 248126_10200463757030968_2140925633_n

Crossing the creek.
Day ride to Hawk Mountain in Cohutta National Forest, GA Theregoesbob12-may-201301_zps31e07410

Video of Red Sand crossing the creek. I didn't notice that large rock on the trail until I watched the end of the video. If you look in the pictures you can see it sitting on the left side of the trail.

Red Sand and the bikes at the start of the last leg up Hawk Mountain:
Day ride to Hawk Mountain in Cohutta National Forest, GA 481013_10200463757630983_1715496569_n

Break time:
Day ride to Hawk Mountain in Cohutta National Forest, GA 294873_10200463757750986_2128153602_n

On top of Hawk Mountain:
Day ride to Hawk Mountain in Cohutta National Forest, GA 255544_10200463757110970_1029800828_n

My WRR and I on top of Hawk Mountain. This is right after my Graham Jarvis Wannabe attempt at climbing over some rocks. That did not work out well but I learned something from it. Actually that little circle route on top of the mountain would make a great little practice loop.
Day ride to Hawk Mountain in Cohutta National Forest, GA 942180_10200463758270999_391161906_n

Back to top Go down
tick-tock

PostSubject: Re: Day ride to Hawk Mountain in Cohutta National Forest, GA   Day ride to Hawk Mountain in Cohutta National Forest, GA EmptyTue Jun 04, 2013 12:57 pm

Looks like a fun ride. Is Hawk mtn. anywhere near lake Conasauga?
Back to top Go down
rsteiger

rsteiger

PostSubject: Re: Day ride to Hawk Mountain in Cohutta National Forest, GA   Day ride to Hawk Mountain in Cohutta National Forest, GA EmptyTue Jun 04, 2013 10:46 pm

tick-tock wrote:
Looks like a fun ride. Is Hawk mtn. anywhere near lake Conasauga?

I would say it is about 30 miles as the crow flies from Lake Conasauga. Hawk Mountain is over in the Cohutta National Forest.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Day ride to Hawk Mountain in Cohutta National Forest, GA   Day ride to Hawk Mountain in Cohutta National Forest, GA Empty

Back to top Go down

Day ride to Hawk Mountain in Cohutta National Forest, GA
Page 1 of 1