Welcome to the WRR/X Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Welcome to the WRR/X Forum

A place to share your passion for the WR250R/X!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
WR250R/X Forum

Bought this fan will it work?

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
kpla51

kpla51

Bought this fan will it work? Empty
PostSubject: Bought this fan will it work?   Bought this fan will it work? EmptyMon May 13, 2013 10:37 am

Needed a new radiator fan found this computer fan that has a metal casing and blows 200cfm is that about what the stock one blows? Any input on if this would work will be appreciated
http://item.mobileweb.ebay.com/viewitem?itemId=380640831826
Back to top Go down
Biglake

PostSubject: Re: Bought this fan will it work?   Bought this fan will it work? EmptyMon May 13, 2013 6:17 pm

IMO if it fits and pulls air through the rad it will work just fine.
I have no idea how many cfms the stocker blows but wouldnt be surprised if your replacement moves more air.
Back to top Go down
kpla51

kpla51

PostSubject: Re: Bought this fan will it work?   Bought this fan will it work? EmptyMon May 13, 2013 8:37 pm

lets hope so i can't believe they want a 120 for a replacement fan.
Back to top Go down
GT-250

GT-250

PostSubject: Re: Bought this fan will it work?   Bought this fan will it work? EmptyTue May 14, 2013 3:52 am

:hmmm: $120 sounds fair to me for a genuine bolt in replacement.
Back to top Go down
kpla51

kpla51

PostSubject: Re: Bought this fan will it work?   Bought this fan will it work? EmptyTue May 14, 2013 6:21 am

Got a replacement on eBay for a 100
Back to top Go down
oic0

oic0

PostSubject: Re: Bought this fan will it work?   Bought this fan will it work? EmptyTue May 14, 2013 12:48 pm

A computer fan isn't going to be weather proof whatsoever and it won't deal with shock. :( In fact they are quite flimsy. You might have better luck with something like an electric oil cooler fan or intercooler fan.... but they cost around $100 :(
Back to top Go down
kpla51

kpla51

PostSubject: Re: Bought this fan will it work?   Bought this fan will it work? EmptyWed May 15, 2013 12:20 pm

It has a metal frame and they are water proof they just have magnets so it's the only reason I want to give it a shot before I have mylers straighten the radiator out because the stock fan will rub
Back to top Go down
GusinCA

GusinCA

PostSubject: Re: Bought this fan will it work?   Bought this fan will it work? EmptyWed May 15, 2013 4:15 pm

You spent a ton of money on a 2013 WRR and you're worried about the cost of a replacement fan?
Back to top Go down
kpla51

kpla51

PostSubject: Re: Bought this fan will it work?   Bought this fan will it work? EmptyWed May 15, 2013 4:23 pm

It's to hold me over until I can get the radiator straightened I have the replacement oem fan already here
Back to top Go down
GusinCA

GusinCA

PostSubject: Re: Bought this fan will it work?   Bought this fan will it work? EmptyWed May 15, 2013 7:08 pm

Ah.
Back to top Go down
kpla51

kpla51

PostSubject: Re: Bought this fan will it work?   Bought this fan will it work? EmptyWed May 15, 2013 7:36 pm

iv been trying to find what the stock fans cfm is maybe this 200cfm fan will keep it cool on the single track who knows.
Back to top Go down
GusinCA

GusinCA

PostSubject: Re: Bought this fan will it work?   Bought this fan will it work? EmptyWed May 15, 2013 7:48 pm

I ride awful, tight, rocky, steep, hot, sexy single track and I never overheat.

Well, I do, but the bike doesn't.
Back to top Go down
kpla51

kpla51

PostSubject: Re: Bought this fan will it work?   Bought this fan will it work? EmptyWed May 15, 2013 7:52 pm

i didnt overheat untill my fan smashed into the radiator but have heard of single track over heating. but i havent had a problem with the fan working.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Bought this fan will it work?   Bought this fan will it work? Empty

Back to top Go down

Bought this fan will it work?
Page 1 of 1