Welcome to the WRR/X Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Welcome to the WRR/X Forum

A place to share your passion for the WR250R/X!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
WR250R/X Forum

BIG man on a little bike?

Go down 
+10
longtallsally
SheWolf
Stickman
inspector
MeefZah
SpiritWolf15
The Yeti
asheville thumper
tblumer
Mr. Fisherman
14 posters
AuthorMessage
Mr. Fisherman

Mr. Fisherman

BIG man on a little bike? Empty
PostSubject: BIG man on a little bike?   BIG man on a little bike? EmptyMon Aug 17, 2009 6:36 am

Allrighty boys and girls....

Any BIG guys (or girls) riding the R2?

I have reservations that "just a 250" will pack my bought and paid for frame around the mountains like I hope it can.

Yes, I need to go ride one, but I am hoping to get first hand perspective from current or past owners.

Don't be bashful... I bet I am bigger...
Back to top Go down
tblumer

tblumer

PostSubject: Re: BIG man on a little bike?   BIG man on a little bike? EmptyMon Aug 17, 2009 6:52 am

6'3" 235, I have the X, and with the usual mods it hauls my butt around fine
Back to top Go down
asheville thumper

asheville thumper

PostSubject: Re: BIG man on a little bike?   BIG man on a little bike? EmptyMon Aug 17, 2009 7:55 am

6'6" around 190. I have an R and it works pretty good for a tall guy after the usual modifications, but I'm just tall not so big.
Back to top Go down
The Yeti

The Yeti

PostSubject: Re: BIG man on a little bike?   BIG man on a little bike? EmptyMon Aug 17, 2009 12:23 pm

6'5" / 220# - hauls me around just fine. Have, of course, had to make some ergo changes (risers, lower pegs, higher seat), but I luv this little bike! cheers
Back to top Go down
SpiritWolf15

SpiritWolf15

PostSubject: Re: BIG man on a little bike?   BIG man on a little bike? EmptyMon Aug 17, 2009 12:42 pm

Well my 350, that weighs more and doesn't have as much power moves my 215 lb 6'1" ass around with out hesitation, the WR has a lot of power behind it, it will do what you ask of it and then some.
Back to top Go down
MeefZah

MeefZah

PostSubject: Re: BIG man on a little bike?   BIG man on a little bike? EmptyMon Aug 17, 2009 6:14 pm

I'm 9' 7", 486 pounds.

Okay, no, I'm not, but unless you are a freak I don't think you'll have an issue. You can always mod the bars, seat, and suspension if need be. If you are freak sized, any bike would pose an issue.
Back to top Go down
inspector

inspector

PostSubject: Re: BIG man on a little bike?   BIG man on a little bike? EmptyMon Aug 17, 2009 7:46 pm

Mr. Fisherman wrote:
Allrighty boys and girls....

Any BIG guys (or girls) riding the R2?

I have reservations that "just a 250" will pack my bought and paid for frame around the mountains like I hope it can.

Yes, I need to go ride one, but I am hoping to get first hand perspective from current or past owners.

Don't be bashful... I bet I am bigger...

I haven't looked to see the weight limit. I honestly don't think you would have a problem with that. It's when you start adding stuff like luggage you may start running into problems.
You need to search around, there is a guy that has packed the crap out of the bike, maybe he knows how much hes had on there? Also there has been a few people to ride two-up and have done just fine around town. In the mountains is another thing.
Seriously, go hop on one and take it for a spin. See what the bike does for you.
Back to top Go down
Stickman

Stickman

PostSubject: Re: BIG man on a little bike?   BIG man on a little bike? EmptyWed Aug 19, 2009 9:32 am

Im 6'7" tall and weigh 205. I Love the wr. thumb My other bike is an f650 Dakar and lately its been sitting while Im riding the WR.

BIG man on a little bike? 042ce4c3

BIG man on a little bike? Bobsevent034
Back to top Go down
SpiritWolf15

SpiritWolf15

PostSubject: Re: BIG man on a little bike?   BIG man on a little bike? EmptyWed Aug 19, 2009 12:29 pm

Stickman wrote:
Im 6'7" tall and weigh 205. I Love the wr. thumb My other bike is an f650 Dakar and lately its been sitting while Im riding the WR.

Are you looking to sell the Dakar? wink
Back to top Go down
Stickman

Stickman

PostSubject: Re: BIG man on a little bike?   BIG man on a little bike? EmptyWed Aug 19, 2009 1:04 pm

Tibarus wrote:
Stickman wrote:

Very happy Sorry hanging on to the Dakar. Just rode it cross country and back this summer. Great bike!
Back to top Go down
SheWolf
Alpha Rider
SheWolf

PostSubject: Re: BIG man on a little bike?   BIG man on a little bike? EmptyWed Aug 19, 2009 1:15 pm

You're big and I'm on the other end of the scale. Probably the shortest one on here too... dddog *laughs* I make up for it with attitude. Very happy

SpiritWolf15

PostSubject: Re: BIG man on a little bike?   BIG man on a little bike? EmptyWed Aug 19, 2009 1:26 pm

SheWolf wrote:
You're big and I'm on the other end of the scale. Probably the shortest one on here too... dddog *laughs* I make up for it with attitude. Very happy

Just remember, you aren't short, your perfect cuddle height >;3
Back to top Go down
SpiritWolf15

SpiritWolf15

PostSubject: Re: BIG man on a little bike?   BIG man on a little bike? EmptyWed Aug 19, 2009 1:26 pm

Stickman wrote:
Tibarus wrote:
Stickman wrote:

Very happy Sorry hanging on to the Dakar. Just rode it cross country and back this summer. Great bike!

Drat, oh well... XD
Back to top Go down
longtallsally

longtallsally

PostSubject: Re: BIG man on a little bike?   BIG man on a little bike? EmptyFri Aug 21, 2009 11:26 am

6'7" 220-230 lbs. Bike moves me just fine including on the freeway. The XD turns into a bit of a sail after a while, though.

BIG man on a little bike? 512023881_issec-L

BIG man on a little bike? 521948399_HwxVW-L

As you can see, I've not done any modifications to the bars or pegs or anything. It does look a bit small under me...

BIG man on a little bike? 626075860_y3ULA-L
Back to top Go down
longtallsally

longtallsally

PostSubject: Re: BIG man on a little bike?   BIG man on a little bike? EmptyFri Aug 21, 2009 11:28 am

The Yeti wrote:
6'5" / 220# - hauls me around just fine. Have, of course, had to make some ergo changes (risers, lower pegs, higher seat), but I luv this little bike! cheers

Details on the seat raising? Also, what did you do to lower the pegs? I'm not a fan at all of lowering the pegs as I drag them as it is, but was just wondering.
Back to top Go down
denniswrr

denniswrr

PostSubject: Re: BIG man on a little bike?   BIG man on a little bike? EmptyFri Aug 21, 2009 4:40 pm

6'3" 235, this bike really kicks ass especially with some mods. (fmf power programmer & Q4, 48t rear sprocket and taller bars) Peace YAM
Back to top Go down
The Yeti

The Yeti

PostSubject: Re: BIG man on a little bike?   BIG man on a little bike? EmptyFri Aug 21, 2009 4:54 pm

longtallsally wrote:
The Yeti wrote:

Details on the seat raising? Also, what did you do to lower the pegs? I'm not a fan at all of lowering the pegs as I drag them as it is, but was just wondering.

I "raised" the seat by adding an Alaska sheepskin and put some Wal-Mart seat beads that I had laying around under the sheepskin, gave me about an inch of rise. I plan to re-work the seat foam eventually to try and flatten out the seat to get rid of the forward sliding.

I bought the same pegs that asheville thumper got: Fastway Evolution II F5. If you scroll to the bottom of this page, you'll find his review: https://wr250rforum.forumotion.com/oh-those-sweet-mods-f5/foot-pegs-t127-40.htm

I haven't installed mine yet, so can't really comment. They look nice-n-wide and very solid, though.

You've dragged a peg on the WRR?? That's some serious lean! wings
Back to top Go down
X-Racer

X-Racer

PostSubject: Re: BIG man on a little bike?   BIG man on a little bike? EmptyTue Aug 25, 2009 1:57 am

I don't know what else to say but: WOW ! ...I never imagagined a seat height challenge in the other direction ! Looks like a set of bar extenders (40" wide bars ?) would also be a plus !
Back to top Go down
Edgydrifter

Edgydrifter

PostSubject: Re: BIG man on a little bike?   BIG man on a little bike? EmptyWed Aug 26, 2009 6:50 am

6'3", 280, gets me around fine. BUT...I just ride it back highways to get to the dirt. It will haul me around on the freeway, but not like the 800GS does wink
Back to top Go down
Mr. Fisherman

Mr. Fisherman

PostSubject: Re: BIG man on a little bike?   BIG man on a little bike? EmptyMon Feb 15, 2010 2:41 am

Thought I would update the thread in case there is another large guy or gal out there shopping.

I picked up a 2008 WR250X that came with an extra set of wheels with 606s so I get the best of both worlds.

I had to go a long ways to get what I wanted for a price I could make happen at, but I am pretty happy. I just got home this morning and had to take it on a 40 mile loop that included pavement, highway, twisty 2 lane and fun dirt road.

I love this bike and have no reservations of letting go of my freshly upgraded KLR 685. This bike scoots right along and I was grinning in my helmet in the rain no less. Would have rode till I ran out of gas if I hadn't gotten so cold. I'll get that sorted out too.

Anyway, if you are thinking about one of these bikes... just go ride one. It will surprise you.

Last edited by Mr. Fisherman on Mon Feb 15, 2010 11:58 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
dirtytrixx400

dirtytrixx400

PostSubject: Re: BIG man on a little bike?   BIG man on a little bike? EmptyMon Feb 15, 2010 6:24 pm

congrats on your new bike BIG man on a little bike? 61865
Back to top Go down
Mr. Fisherman

Mr. Fisherman

PostSubject: Re: BIG man on a little bike?   BIG man on a little bike? EmptyTue Feb 16, 2010 12:06 am

Thanks, I am loving it BIG man on a little bike? 379944
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: BIG man on a little bike?   BIG man on a little bike? Empty

Back to top Go down

BIG man on a little bike?
Page 1 of 1