Welcome to the WRR/X Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Welcome to the WRR/X Forum

A place to share your passion for the WR250R/X!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
WR250R/X Forum

rain cover?

Go down 
+2
motokid
twinshadow
6 posters
AuthorMessage
twinshadow

rain cover? Empty
PostSubject: rain cover?   rain cover? EmptySun May 19, 2013 10:49 am

Picking up my new bike tomorrow . Fired up ... What happens when I ride it to work and perhaps it rains on her ? Should I just invest in a cover for such days while it's parked or is this a non issue since it's a duel sport?
Back to top Go down
motokid
motokid

rain cover? Empty
PostSubject: Re: rain cover?   rain cover? EmptySun May 19, 2013 10:51 am

twinshadow wrote:
Picking up my new bike tomorrow . Fired up ... What happens when I ride it to work and perhaps it rains on her ? Should I just invest in a cover for such days while it's parked or is this a non issue since it's a duel sport?

What happens to your car when you drive to work and it rains?

It gets wet.

Nothing else.

Relax. Your bike will get wet. It'll get dirty. It'll get dropped. You'll love it.

You'll ride in rain. Maybe snow or sleet too. The bike will fair far better than you will in some conditions.

Airbox Door Removed - Flapper glued - AIS removed
FmF Q4
Bridgestone Battlax BT-003rs
Back to top Go down
twinshadow

rain cover? Empty
PostSubject: Re: rain cover?   rain cover? EmptySun May 19, 2013 11:41 am

Thanks, sorry for the dumb@zz questions... just excited to ride and want to take care of it.
Back to top Go down
bigg

bigg

rain cover? Empty
PostSubject: Re: rain cover?   rain cover? EmptySun May 19, 2013 11:55 am

my wr sits outside in front of my uni all day. as you'd expect with german weather, it's pretty changeable, and the bike can sit in the sun for 8 hours one day, and in the rain for another 8 hours the next day. bike won't mind at all.

when mine was new I always tried to keep it clean and keep it away from the rain... but that only lasted a couple months. in the meantime I convinced myself the bike looks better dirty Very happy

the only thing that bothers me with a wet bike, is sitting on the wet seat. even with my rainproof gear on, it's kinda nasty sitting on a cold wet seat that's been sitting outside under the rain for half a day. I live with it as my commute is short, but for me, that would be the only reason to consider putting a cover on it. to have a dry seat wink
Back to top Go down
Torontorocko

Torontorocko

rain cover? Empty
PostSubject: Re: rain cover?   rain cover? EmptySun May 19, 2013 12:54 pm

I just bring a dry cloth with me in my backpack and wipe the seat and bars off after a rain.
I too used to try to keep it clean and out of the weather, but gave that up also after a couple months.
Back to top Go down
motokid
motokid

rain cover? Empty
PostSubject: Re: rain cover?   rain cover? EmptySun May 19, 2013 1:06 pm

I always find it oddly funny when people with "DIRTbikes" try to keep them clean.

Especially those people are on R's.....

rain cover? DSCN1963

rain cover? DSCN1961

amazon amazon amazon hide

Airbox Door Removed - Flapper glued - AIS removed
FmF Q4
Bridgestone Battlax BT-003rs
Back to top Go down
rsteiger

rsteiger

rain cover? Empty
PostSubject: Re: rain cover?   rain cover? EmptySun May 19, 2013 10:50 pm

I do the same for all my bikes.

If they are going to be sitting for an extended period of time I throw a cover on them. Mainly to keep a bunch of crap off of them during that time.

One other thing I will be doing over the winter months is to throw a cover over them and find a place to stuff some mothballs. My DL650 V-Strom sat for about two months over the winter and last week when I went to change the air filter I found the bike full of acorns. I've heard that mothballs do decent job of keeping vermin from building nests in bikes.
Back to top Go down
Wieb27

Wieb27

rain cover? Empty
PostSubject: Re: rain cover?   rain cover? EmptyMon May 20, 2013 7:24 am

There is no way this is a serious question.....
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

rain cover? Empty
PostSubject: Re: rain cover?   rain cover? Empty

Back to top Go down

rain cover?
Page 1 of 1