Welcome to the WRR/X Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Welcome to the WRR/X Forum

A place to share your passion for the WR250R/X!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
WR250R/X Forum

new top speed haha

Go down 
+2
bambo
motardmixion
6 posters
AuthorMessage
motardmixion

motardmixion

new top speed haha Empty
PostSubject: new top speed haha   new top speed haha EmptyFri May 24, 2013 12:20 am

riding home today had 6th pinned for like 10 min....got to 87 mph!!! haha never thought id be this excited to go that fast lol.....stock bike, re geared 12/43 with 12 oclock labs speedo healer....oh i just added a twin air filter haha....the real test will come next week when the pipe and programer comes in and i install it! cant wait

Back to top Go down
motardmixion

motardmixion

new top speed haha Empty
PostSubject: Re: new top speed haha   new top speed haha EmptyFri May 31, 2013 2:16 am

****UPDATE****

after pipe and programer i hit 96 today....

anyone ever get over 100??
Back to top Go down
bambo

bambo

new top speed haha Empty
PostSubject: Re: new top speed haha   new top speed haha EmptyFri May 31, 2013 10:24 am

Hit over 100(no speedo healer) with stock pipe/gearing(13-42)/no airbox door, has a programer though.
You got almost 10mph, i wonder what that equals in HP/TQ.
Back to top Go down
motardmixion

motardmixion

new top speed haha Empty
PostSubject: Re: new top speed haha   new top speed haha EmptyFri May 31, 2013 11:13 am

I'm guessing I jumped maybe 4-5 Hp idk
Back to top Go down
Ken Mandu

new top speed haha Empty
PostSubject: Re: new top speed haha   new top speed haha EmptyFri May 31, 2013 12:10 pm

As a new owner, I think it's outrageous to have to spend that kind of dough to fix a factory speedo. Jeeze.
Back to top Go down
pbnut

pbnut

new top speed haha Empty
PostSubject: Re: new top speed haha   new top speed haha EmptyFri May 31, 2013 12:15 pm

On flat ground, bone stock, full tuck, and about two or three miles I had an indicated 96 mph. wink

Last edited by pbnut on Fri May 31, 2013 2:53 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
motokid
motokid

new top speed haha Empty
PostSubject: Re: new top speed haha   new top speed haha EmptyFri May 31, 2013 12:21 pm

Just remember ya'll - with no after-market speedometer correction device, and/or no gps - the actual Yamaha speedometer is off by roughly 7-8 %.

So an indicated 100 mph would be closer to 92-93 mph.

Just sayin....

hide

Airbox Door Removed - Flapper glued - AIS removed
FmF Q4
Bridgestone Battlax BT-003rs
Back to top Go down
pbnut

pbnut

new top speed haha Empty
PostSubject: Re: new top speed haha   new top speed haha EmptyFri May 31, 2013 2:53 pm

Absolutely. I know damn well I wasn't going an actual 96 mph. My buddy who was riding next to me on his GSXR had another number too.
Back to top Go down
motardmixion

motardmixion

new top speed haha Empty
PostSubject: Re: new top speed haha   new top speed haha EmptyFri May 31, 2013 3:55 pm

I hit 96 mph and I have the 12 o'clock labs speedo healer so I'm pretty sure I was doing 96 maybe +1or -1 mph I got the speedo healer because I'm re geared
Back to top Go down
leed

new top speed haha Empty
PostSubject: Re: new top speed haha   new top speed haha EmptySat Jun 08, 2013 1:21 pm

Ken Mandu wrote:
As a new owner, I think it's outrageous to have to spend that kind of dough to fix a factory speedo. Jeeze.

As a relatively new (5 months) owner, I agree entirely. Which is why I just won't spend it :P Instead I'll just gather the data with my phone and remember the important ones. (+1 in the rear)

That said I topped out at 96 indicated which is likely ~83 MPH. Completely stock.
Back to top Go down
motardmixion

motardmixion

new top speed haha Empty
PostSubject: Re: new top speed haha   new top speed haha EmptySat Jun 08, 2013 3:43 pm

70 bucks isn't that bad to spend when u have re geared ur bike. It keeps from ur mileage from racking up way faster also
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

new top speed haha Empty
PostSubject: Re: new top speed haha   new top speed haha Empty

Back to top Go down

new top speed haha
Page 1 of 1