Welcome to the WRR/X Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Welcome to the WRR/X Forum

A place to share your passion for the WR250R/X!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
WR250R/X Forum

Front brake rotor loose, new 2012

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Ken Mandu

Front brake rotor loose, new 2012 Empty
PostSubject: Front brake rotor loose, new 2012   Front brake rotor loose, new 2012 EmptySat May 25, 2013 4:19 pm

I have a brand new WRR and when I hold the front brake on, the bike is able to rock slightly forwards and back. A closer look tells me that those six rivets that hold the rotor on must not be 100% tight. Is this the way it's supposed to be?

Thanks.

Ken
Back to top Go down
pbnut

pbnut

PostSubject: Re: Front brake rotor loose, new 2012   Front brake rotor loose, new 2012 EmptySat May 25, 2013 5:58 pm

It's not a problem. It's a floating rotor. It's designed that way.
Back to top Go down
iFlyLow

iFlyLow

PostSubject: ohhhhh!   Front brake rotor loose, new 2012 EmptyThu Aug 08, 2013 3:13 am

this tripped me out when i first got mine couple months ago. I grabbed front brake and rocked the bike back and forth and thought my headset was loose. clicking like a loose headset on a bicycle. upon closer look it looked like it was the pads clicking. but now i know its the rotors!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Front brake rotor loose, new 2012   Front brake rotor loose, new 2012 Empty

Back to top Go down

Front brake rotor loose, new 2012
Page 1 of 1