Welcome to the WRR/X Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Welcome to the WRR/X Forum

A place to share your passion for the WR250R/X!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
WR250R/X Forum

Mountain Bike Carried on the WR250R!

Go down 
+2
bigg
geckogreen
6 posters
AuthorMessage
geckogreen

Mountain Bike Carried on the WR250R!  Empty
PostSubject: Mountain Bike Carried on the WR250R!    Mountain Bike Carried on the WR250R!  EmptyTue Jun 04, 2013 9:42 am

This Mod is NOT for everyone. But, it IS for those of you who appreciate how fun it is to ride a trail bike to the trails! I love both Mountain biking and dirt biking and I decided to combine the two.
I mounted my mountain bike rack to my wr250R so I can ride to the trails! I Used a Thule "carry me" which I already had for the back of my jeep.
I removed the top aluminum plate from my luggage rack and fabricated a steel "hitch". I used the two tie downs to stop any wobble and freeplay and now the rack is like it is part of the bike - super solid! Because the rack is only 8lbs and the bike is only 24lbs you don't notice the weight on the back at all.

Just thought I would share.

Last edited by geckogreen on Tue Jun 04, 2013 8:33 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
geckogreen

PostSubject: Re: Mountain Bike Carried on the WR250R!    Mountain Bike Carried on the WR250R!  EmptyTue Jun 04, 2013 9:54 am

Back to top Go down
bigg

bigg

PostSubject: Re: Mountain Bike Carried on the WR250R!    Mountain Bike Carried on the WR250R!  EmptyTue Jun 04, 2013 11:57 am

WOW! very impressed. thumb

when I read the title I thought you had modified a motorcycle rear rack to fit the wr.... you must get the weirdest looks driving down the road with that.

hows the handling in the turns and through pot holes? when I put on my hard top case I can really feel it trying to pivot the bike with just medium sized potholes / bumps? although my hard top case with stuff in it does weigh about twice as much as your bike...
Back to top Go down
dmmcd

dmmcd

PostSubject: Re: Mountain Bike Carried on the WR250R!    Mountain Bike Carried on the WR250R!  EmptyTue Jun 04, 2013 1:11 pm

I'd be worried less about the weight and more about the drag at speed. Nice job with the integration. I think I would find mountain biking frustrating. I would rather twist my wrist than pedal...
Back to top Go down
geckogreen

PostSubject: Re: Mountain Bike Carried on the WR250R!    Mountain Bike Carried on the WR250R!  EmptyTue Jun 04, 2013 8:23 pm

I was on the highway today with it at 120km/h and it was stable! It's easy to handle as the bike and carrier are so light. It's like riding a bigger bike with a passenger - you just lean with 10% more caution than usual! The drag caused me to downshift to keep it up at 120km/h but the trails are close by and I never designed it to go across the country.
Back to top Go down
gatorfan

gatorfan

PostSubject: Re: Mountain Bike Carried on the WR250R!    Mountain Bike Carried on the WR250R!  EmptyWed Jun 05, 2013 4:17 am

Let's see a wheelie!
Back to top Go down
mvonhatten

mvonhatten

PostSubject: Re: Mountain Bike Carried on the WR250R!    Mountain Bike Carried on the WR250R!  EmptyThu Jun 06, 2013 11:30 am

this is awesome!!!
Back to top Go down
Cutthroat Bill

Cutthroat Bill

PostSubject: Re: Mountain Bike Carried on the WR250R!    Mountain Bike Carried on the WR250R!  EmptyFri Jun 07, 2013 7:53 am

Now let's see you carry your WRR on your mountain bike.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Mountain Bike Carried on the WR250R!    Mountain Bike Carried on the WR250R!  Empty

Back to top Go down

Mountain Bike Carried on the WR250R!
Page 1 of 1