Welcome to the WRR/X Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Welcome to the WRR/X Forum

A place to share your passion for the WR250R/X!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
WR250R/X Forum

Problem with IMS Pro Series Footpegs

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
nickthenack9

nickthenack9

Problem with IMS Pro Series Footpegs Empty
PostSubject: Problem with IMS Pro Series Footpegs   Problem with IMS Pro Series Footpegs EmptyThu Jun 20, 2013 9:37 am

I got my new footpegs in the mail today and went to replace the stock ones but discovered the metal tab for the folding limit completely misses the footpeg bracket and instead the footpeg will hit the bracket bolt or the rear brake lever :( 

I'm kind of reluctant to use them if theyre going to break my brake lever...

has anyone had this problem, did you return it or try to fix it?

Last edited by nickthenack9 on Fri Jun 21, 2013 3:55 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Biglake

PostSubject: Re: Problem with IMS Pro Series Footpegs   Problem with IMS Pro Series Footpegs EmptyThu Jun 20, 2013 8:14 pm

I had drc pegs, they hit the same way, its posible to grind enough off the corner of the peg so it wont hit the brake lever at all, thats what I did.
The other sides not an issue who cares if the foot peg bracket bolt gets marked up a bit by the tab on the foot peg.

I now have used pegs off my old gasgas, they hit but not as bad, the brake side hits the bolt that goes through the brake lever so im not worried about it. On the shifter side I had to add a bit of weld to the tab on the foot peg to make it bigger, it slid past the foot peg bracket bolt and stuck in the up position after I cliped a rock in a race lol.
Back to top Go down
nickthenack9

nickthenack9

PostSubject: Re: Problem with IMS Pro Series Footpegs   Problem with IMS Pro Series Footpegs EmptyFri Jun 21, 2013 4:21 am

well with mine grinding the corner off wouldnt help, the metal tab is way too small to contact
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Problem with IMS Pro Series Footpegs   Problem with IMS Pro Series Footpegs Empty

Back to top Go down

Problem with IMS Pro Series Footpegs
Page 1 of 1