Welcome to the WRR/X Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Welcome to the WRR/X Forum

A place to share your passion for the WR250R/X!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
WR250R/X Forum

What Programmer Should I Buy?

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Crazy M

What Programmer Should I Buy? Empty
PostSubject: What Programmer Should I Buy?   What Programmer Should I Buy? EmptySat Jun 29, 2013 12:24 pm

FMF? Bazzaz? Yosh? Dyno Jet? i dont need auto tune, and i just ordered my Powercore 4, should be here next week.
Back to top Go down
motokid
motokid

PostSubject: Re: What Programmer Should I Buy?   What Programmer Should I Buy? EmptySat Jun 29, 2013 12:30 pm

What's the best ice cream? Best beer? Best book? Best movie? Best music?

Some things other people can't tell you.

Airbox Door Removed - Flapper glued - AIS removed
FmF Q4
Bridgestone Battlax BT-003rs
Back to top Go down
Crazy M

PostSubject: Re: What Programmer Should I Buy?   What Programmer Should I Buy? EmptySun Jun 30, 2013 1:36 am

ok.....whats the easyest to use? scratch 
Back to top Go down
YZEtc

YZEtc

PostSubject: Re: What Programmer Should I Buy?   What Programmer Should I Buy? EmptySun Jun 30, 2013 6:35 am

As far as I know, the FMF unit is the most popular.

I bought two of these units (WR-250R and WR-250X) and they were easy to install, easy to use, and did the job.
Also, at least when I bought my last one (early 2011), they were super-easy to get since they were sold by almost any motorcycle parts retailer.
I've heard comments about them being discontinued by FMF, although I still see them up for sale.

There are other brand name units with different graphics stuck to them that otherwise look just like the FMF unit, and as far as I know, they are the same unit since they're all from the same manufacturer.
Back to top Go down
RRM707

PostSubject: Re: What Programmer Should I Buy?   What Programmer Should I Buy? EmptySun Jun 30, 2013 7:44 am

Seems to me that the FMF is the most popular.

That's what I purchased & I have no complaints.

With the research I did, there wasn't another one that stood out.

Back to top Go down
motokid
motokid

PostSubject: Re: What Programmer Should I Buy?   What Programmer Should I Buy? EmptySun Jun 30, 2013 8:23 am

Chinese, Japanese, dirty knees look at these. <--- wink 

FmF Q4
Back to top Go down
Biglake

PostSubject: Re: What Programmer Should I Buy?   What Programmer Should I Buy? EmptySun Jun 30, 2013 9:39 am

I have the fmf, it works well and is very easy to use, not that you need to adjust it much anyway.

I'd go with which ever one you can get the cheapest, all the ones like fmf, jd, attitude, etc are all basicly the same.

The power comanders allow you to dial the mixture in a little better if you like to have absolutly perfect fi, the others can have a hicup once and awhile as they only add fuel in three areas, cruising, accelerating and full throttle.

My bike with the fmf programmer has a slight bog if you wack it wide open very quickly from idle that I cant tune out, this is only an issue while not moving and playing with the throttle, if you roll the throttle on untll the revs are up a tiny bit then wack it wide open its fine. Its not an issue while riding tho as once the revs are up a tiny bit it takes full throttle and I've never noticed it while the bikes moving at all. You have to be totally picking the fi apart trying to make it act up to notice this and its still way better than a carb!

Back to top Go down
Crazy M

PostSubject: Re: What Programmer Should I Buy?   What Programmer Should I Buy? EmptySun Jun 30, 2013 12:40 pm

ok thanks guys.....i just ordered a powercore 4(should be here wed. wings ) and dont want to put it on untill i find a programmer, from what i read you get what you pay for....for a street use go with FMF, for a race use go with a PCV, the boxes you showed motokid, my brother use to use on the bmw race bikes, i noticed the "dp" logo in the bottom corner. i kind of know how they work. now if i go with a fmf one, do i need a dyno to set it up?
Back to top Go down
motokid
motokid

PostSubject: Re: What Programmer Should I Buy?   What Programmer Should I Buy? EmptySun Jun 30, 2013 2:35 pm

Crazy M wrote:
now if i go with a fmf one, do i need a dyno to set it up?

No.

Wouldn't need a dyno for a PC-V either.

FmF Q4
Back to top Go down
Crazy M

PostSubject: Re: What Programmer Should I Buy?   What Programmer Should I Buy? EmptyMon Jul 01, 2013 5:06 pm

ok cool.....thanks alot ppl. now i just need to get my dame brake light working lol
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: What Programmer Should I Buy?   What Programmer Should I Buy? Empty

Back to top Go down

What Programmer Should I Buy?
Page 1 of 1