Welcome to the WRR/X Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Welcome to the WRR/X Forum

A place to share your passion for the WR250R/X!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
WR250R/X Forum

PCV Maps for Yoshimura Exhaust. Who wants one?

Go down 
+2
motokid
NewfieThumper
6 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
motokid
motokid

PCV Maps for Yoshimura Exhaust. Who wants one? - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: PCV Maps for Yoshimura Exhaust. Who wants one?   PCV Maps for Yoshimura Exhaust. Who wants one? - Page 2 EmptyWed Jul 17, 2013 8:37 pm

Okay bro - just loaded your map tonight.
The one you sent me the 13th.

90+ degrees here these days.....we'll see tomorrow. Very happy

Airbox Door Removed - Flapper glued - AIS removed
FmF Q4
Bridgestone Battlax BT-003rs
Back to top Go down
motokid
motokid

PostSubject: Re: PCV Maps for Yoshimura Exhaust. Who wants one?   PCV Maps for Yoshimura Exhaust. Who wants one? - Page 2 EmptyThu Jul 18, 2013 6:11 am

NewfieThumper wrote:
After an email from Moto Kid about popping on deceleration and reading about the dyno session by TKO i decided to spend a bit of time on zero percent throttle. On the trim table I always kept 0% throttle at 0. I did notice some slight popping when coming off the gas and every time I heard it I checked my LCD's AFR gauge and sure enough it would run lean when letting off the throttle.
Today I added 13.2 AFR to my trim table @ 0% throttle.
Off I went for a ride on as many downhill sections as I could find so I could recreate the 0% throttle pop. When I got back I plugged in the laptop and sure enough there was fuel added to the 0% TP, there were leaner spots as well. I accepted the trims again, send map and off i went again. I can tell you after another quick ride once trims were accepted that the pop is gone from just one afternoon of riding. Its not perfect yet on decel but the AFR gauge has dropped when coming off the throttle. Before the AFR gauge would show instantly 99.9% AFR when letting off the throttle. I always thought that this was because of the throttle body closing and never gave it a second thought. Now after adding the 13.2% AFR to the 0% TP column the bike now shows between 14% and 16% AFR. Its not down to where I want it yet but I am only trimming 20% at a time. Next ride should add more fuel again to this range.

motokid wrote:

Seat of the pants feel at 5:00am this morning was that your newest map (July 13th) has a very good "snap" to it. Feels great. My ride home in 95-ish degree temps should tell me a lot.

So far so good though. thumb 

FmF Q4
Back to top Go down
NewfieThumper

NewfieThumper

PostSubject: Re: PCV Maps for Yoshimura Exhaust. Who wants one?   PCV Maps for Yoshimura Exhaust. Who wants one? - Page 2 EmptyThu Jul 18, 2013 6:26 am

motokid wrote:
NewfieThumper wrote:
After an email from Moto Kid about popping on deceleration and reading about the dyno session by TKO i decided to spend a bit of time on zero percent throttle. On the trim table I always kept 0% throttle at 0. I did notice some slight popping when coming off the gas and every time I heard it I checked my LCD's AFR gauge and sure enough it would run lean when letting off the throttle.
Today I added 13.2 AFR to my trim table @ 0% throttle.
Off I went for a ride on as many downhill sections as I could find so I could recreate the 0% throttle pop. When I got back I plugged in the laptop and sure enough there was fuel added to the 0% TP, there were leaner spots as well. I accepted the trims again, send map and off i went again. I can tell you after another quick ride once trims were accepted that the pop is gone from just one afternoon of riding. Its not perfect yet on decel but the AFR gauge has dropped when coming off the throttle. Before the AFR gauge would show instantly 99.9% AFR when letting off the throttle. I always thought that this was because of the throttle body closing and never gave it a second thought. Now after adding the 13.2% AFR to the 0% TP column the bike now shows between 14% and 16% AFR. Its not down to where I want it yet but I am only trimming 20% at a time. Next ride should add more fuel again to this range.

motokid wrote:

Seat of the pants feel at 5:00am this morning was that your newest map (July 13th) has a very good "snap" to it. Feels great. My ride home in 95-ish degree temps should tell me a lot.

Still working on the map....with a few more rides I should have the low end popping completely gone. I will send updates when I update my trims.

So far so good though. thumb 
Back to top Go down
f3joel

f3joel

PostSubject: Re: PCV Maps for Yoshimura Exhaust. Who wants one?   PCV Maps for Yoshimura Exhaust. Who wants one? - Page 2 EmptySun Jul 21, 2013 4:44 pm

Just ordered the PC5 and autotune.
Back to top Go down
pbnut

pbnut

PostSubject: Re: PCV Maps for Yoshimura Exhaust. Who wants one?   PCV Maps for Yoshimura Exhaust. Who wants one? - Page 2 EmptyTue Jul 23, 2013 5:27 am

thumb 
Back to top Go down
NewfieThumper

NewfieThumper

PostSubject: Re: PCV Maps for Yoshimura Exhaust. Who wants one?   PCV Maps for Yoshimura Exhaust. Who wants one? - Page 2 EmptyTue Jul 23, 2013 5:11 pm

I am out of town for a week and can't get anymore seat time until I get back. How's the newest version of the map doing guys?
Back to top Go down
f3joel

f3joel

PostSubject: Re: PCV Maps for Yoshimura Exhaust. Who wants one?   PCV Maps for Yoshimura Exhaust. Who wants one? - Page 2 EmptyFri Aug 02, 2013 11:00 pm

Just started making changes with autotune.
I started with the 22-043-006 map.
Try and get some tuning done this weekend.
I'll share maps if anyone wants.
Back to top Go down
pbnut

pbnut

PostSubject: Re: PCV Maps for Yoshimura Exhaust. Who wants one?   PCV Maps for Yoshimura Exhaust. Who wants one? - Page 2 EmptySat Aug 03, 2013 12:10 am

f3joel wrote:
Just started making changes with autotune.
I started with the 22-043-006 map.
Try and get some tuning done this weekend.
I'll share maps if anyone wants.
List of mods done to your bike?
Back to top Go down
f3joel

f3joel

PostSubject: Re: PCV Maps for Yoshimura Exhaust. Who wants one?   PCV Maps for Yoshimura Exhaust. Who wants one? - Page 2 EmptySat Aug 03, 2013 8:25 am

power bomb
powercore 4
uni filter
top of airbox removed
Back to top Go down
motokid
motokid

PostSubject: Re: PCV Maps for Yoshimura Exhaust. Who wants one?   PCV Maps for Yoshimura Exhaust. Who wants one? - Page 2 EmptySat Aug 03, 2013 9:19 am

If I have the 22-016 model can I use an 043 map?

Will I just be uploading ignition stuff that my module wouldn't use?

Or am I truly restricted to -016 maps?

FmF Q4
Back to top Go down
f3joel

f3joel

PostSubject: Re: PCV Maps for Yoshimura Exhaust. Who wants one?   PCV Maps for Yoshimura Exhaust. Who wants one? - Page 2 EmptySat Aug 03, 2013 10:24 am

I wish I knew... You could if you have to, manually change the numbers to the 16 base map I guess.
Pretty sure there are only 0's in the ignition tables on that map though.
My brother downloaded the 16 maps instead of the 43 while I was installing the pcv.
It seemed to run fine with the 16 map, but when I realized I changed to the 43 map.

Just went and bought a switch to turn the autotune on and off.
Of course it is about to start raining...
Back to top Go down
f3joel

f3joel

PostSubject: Re: PCV Maps for Yoshimura Exhaust. Who wants one?   PCV Maps for Yoshimura Exhaust. Who wants one? - Page 2 EmptySat Aug 03, 2013 6:14 pm

Got a few trim sessions in today, if you want the map pm with an email address.
Back to top Go down
motokid
motokid

PostSubject: Re: PCV Maps for Yoshimura Exhaust. Who wants one?   PCV Maps for Yoshimura Exhaust. Who wants one? - Page 2 EmptySun Aug 11, 2013 10:15 am

f3joel wrote:
Got a few trim sessions in today, if you want the map pm with an email address.
Okay.

I loaded your "8th Trim 8-4" map this morning.

Will let you know what I think.

Idle was immediately noticed as higher than previous maps. 1800-1900 rpm's

FmF Q4
Back to top Go down
motokid
motokid

PostSubject: Re: PCV Maps for Yoshimura Exhaust. Who wants one?   PCV Maps for Yoshimura Exhaust. Who wants one? - Page 2 EmptyMon Aug 12, 2013 7:46 am

f3joel, your map works pretty damn good for my bike and conditions.

Good snap and feel with throttle.

I like it a lot.

Thanks.

FmF Q4
Back to top Go down
f3joel

f3joel

PostSubject: Re: PCV Maps for Yoshimura Exhaust. Who wants one?   PCV Maps for Yoshimura Exhaust. Who wants one? - Page 2 EmptyMon Aug 12, 2013 4:44 pm

Glad you like it!
It felt smooth and more powerful than ever with the FMF programmer.
I would keep them coming with new trims but I'm 290 now.
Back to top Go down
NewfieThumper

NewfieThumper

PostSubject: Re: PCV Maps for Yoshimura Exhaust. Who wants one?   PCV Maps for Yoshimura Exhaust. Who wants one? - Page 2 EmptySat Aug 17, 2013 7:44 am

f3joel wrote:
Glad you like it!
It felt smooth and more powerful than ever with the FMF programmer.
I would keep them coming with new trims but I'm 290 now.

How's the 290 working out?
Back to top Go down
f3joel

f3joel

PostSubject: Re: PCV Maps for Yoshimura Exhaust. Who wants one?   PCV Maps for Yoshimura Exhaust. Who wants one? - Page 2 EmptySat Aug 17, 2013 9:30 am

Wish I would have done it years ago.
Back to top Go down
NewfieThumper

NewfieThumper

PostSubject: Re: PCV Maps for Yoshimura Exhaust. Who wants one?   PCV Maps for Yoshimura Exhaust. Who wants one? - Page 2 EmptySat Aug 17, 2013 10:16 pm

f3joel wrote:
Wish I would have done it years ago.
What's the butt dyno telling you? How's fuel consumption?
Back to top Go down
f3joel

f3joel

PostSubject: Re: PCV Maps for Yoshimura Exhaust. Who wants one?   PCV Maps for Yoshimura Exhaust. Who wants one? - Page 2 EmptySun Aug 18, 2013 5:13 am

Not sure yet on fuel consumption, I added lots of fuel to the map yesterday and only rode a little bit.
Was stuck doing bathroom remodeling most of the day.
I can easily power up second gear.
Feels great...
Plan on doing some playing around today.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: PCV Maps for Yoshimura Exhaust. Who wants one?   PCV Maps for Yoshimura Exhaust. Who wants one? - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

PCV Maps for Yoshimura Exhaust. Who wants one?
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2