Welcome to the WRR/X Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Welcome to the WRR/X Forum

A place to share your passion for the WR250R/X!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
WR250R/X Forum

New Pennsylvania owner

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
TwoBuells

TwoBuells

New Pennsylvania owner Empty
PostSubject: New Pennsylvania owner   New Pennsylvania owner EmptyWed Jul 03, 2013 7:08 am

I’m Mike from Pa. Been riding for 40 years and today I’m going to pick-up my New WR250R.
My daily ride now is a Buell Ulysses (90% street/10% dirt) Adventure bike and a Buell 1125R Sport bike.
My last Dirt Bike was a 1984 RM250, so it’s been some time since I’ve ridden in the dirt with two wheels.
A few co-workers talked me into four wheelers back in 2006, I bought a Yamaha Grizzly 660. That was fun but I wanted a faster bike. Upgraded to a Can am Renegade 800 in 2007 and last year traded that on my Current ATV, a Can am Renegade 1000 Xxc. Fox Shocks, power steering and lots of power. I wanted a WR450F but I didn’t want the hassle of trying to tag it. I’ve been reading this site and many others and it seems like the WR250R is the way to go. Future pictures and ride reports coming…thumb 
Back to top Go down
motokid
motokid

PostSubject: Re: New Pennsylvania owner   New Pennsylvania owner EmptyWed Jul 03, 2013 7:29 am

Oh boy.... hope you're not shocked by the "under-powered depression syndrome" that might smack you squarely in the face based on what you've posted above.

Quote :
That was fun but I wanted a faster bike.

and

Quote :
I wanted a WR450F

make me think you could be highly unimpressed.....

Just hoping you know what you're getting. hide 

Airbox Door Removed - Flapper glued - AIS removed
FmF Q4
Bridgestone Battlax BT-003rs
Back to top Go down
TwoBuells

TwoBuells

PostSubject: Re: New Pennsylvania owner   New Pennsylvania owner EmptyWed Jul 03, 2013 7:57 am

motokid wrote:
Oh boy.... hope you're not shocked by the  "under-powered depression syndrome" that might smack you squarely in the face based on what you've posted above.

It has two wheels and knobbies, I'm happy:wings: 

Quote :
That was fun but I wanted a faster bike.

The grizzly got me back in the dirt but I out rode the bikes capabilities, the Can am gave me a better handling bike. The 1000 is a blast to ride but you can get into trouble quick.

and

Quote :
I wanted a WR450F

make me think you could be highly unimpressed.....

Just hoping you know what you're getting. hide 

"under-powered depression syndrome" I've been doing a lot of reading and yes the WR2 is not a 450F but, the fun factor is there and the throttle does go WFO!
I think I'll love the bike, let you know in a few days!wink 
Back to top Go down
motokid
motokid

PostSubject: Re: New Pennsylvania owner   New Pennsylvania owner EmptyWed Jul 03, 2013 8:02 am

I went from an R1 to the 250. Best choice in motorcycles I've ever made. Fun is the active word.

I'm a true believer in riding a slow bike fast is much more fun than riding a fast bike slow.

As long as you know what you're buying you'll be fine.

thumb 

Airbox Door Removed - Flapper glued - AIS removed
FmF Q4
Bridgestone Battlax BT-003rs
Back to top Go down
N8

PostSubject: Re: New Pennsylvania owner   New Pennsylvania owner EmptyWed Jul 03, 2013 12:33 pm

Welcome.

I have an X with an R wheel setup as well as a 450F.  There ain't many trails around here that the 250 can't do just as well as the 450.  The only place the 250 lacks is the coal hills.  Huge difference there.  I'm right over in Lancaster but I do most of my dirt riding in coal country.
Back to top Go down
TwoBuells

TwoBuells

PostSubject: Re: New Pennsylvania owner   New Pennsylvania owner EmptyThu Jul 04, 2013 12:00 am

Got home just after 5 today and took the WRR on a 50 mile ride. Some dirt roads and some pavement. Lots of fun! You really need to rev this thing to make it go. I’m so used to my TwoBuells v-twin instant on power and short shifting them. Once I revved the little 250 it woke up. I need to pay attention to what gear I’m in. I thought my Buell Ulysses was tall with a 33” seat height. The WRR is bigger. Still lots of fun to ride, I can’t wait to have more time on it to see the bikes full potential, and I know its there.

New Pennsylvania owner IMG_20130703_185841_082-1_zpsa08b402b
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: New Pennsylvania owner   New Pennsylvania owner Empty

Back to top Go down

New Pennsylvania owner
Page 1 of 1