Welcome to the WRR/X Forum

A place to share your passion for the WR250R/X!
 
HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
WR250R/X Forum

Share | 
 

 13*48 need new chain ?

Go down 
AuthorMessage
FG250WRR

avatar


PostSubject: 13*48 need new chain ?   Fri Jul 12, 2013 4:27 am

Hi Guys
Hello from France on wich only 300 wr250r or x have been sold......what a pity :)
I would like change one part of my transmission to get more agressivity ofroad
Actully full oem parts 13*43 put a crown with 48 theiths (13*48);do I have to change DRIVE CHAIN to be longer?scratch 
Back to top Go down
motokid
Moderator
avatar


PostSubject: Re: 13*48 need new chain ?   Fri Jul 12, 2013 5:31 am

yes - you will need a longer chain to go from 13/43 to 13/48.

On my wr250x I needed 112 links. The stock chain was 108 links.


_________________
2008 WR250X
Gearing: 13t - 48t
Power Commander 5 / PC-V
Airbox Door Removed - Flapper glued - AIS removed
FmF Q4
Bridgestone Battlax BT-003rs
Back to top Go down
FG250WRR

avatar


PostSubject: Re: 13*48 need new chain ?   Fri Jul 12, 2013 5:39 am

motokid wrote:
yes  - you will need a longer chain to go from 13/43 to 13/48.

On my wr250x I needed 112 links. The stock chain was 108 links.

Thanks a lot
but R and X get same stock chain ?scratch 
Back to top Go down
motokid
Moderator
avatar


PostSubject: Re: 13*48 need new chain ?   Fri Jul 12, 2013 6:10 am

FG250WRR wrote:
motokid wrote:
yes  - you will need a longer chain to go from 13/43 to 13/48.

On my wr250x I needed 112 links. The stock chain was 108 links.

Thanks  a lot
but R and X get same stock chain ?scratch 

dunno  I don't know. Go count your links. thumb 

_________________
2008 WR250X
Gearing: 13t - 48t
Power Commander 5 / PC-V
Airbox Door Removed - Flapper glued - AIS removed
FmF Q4
Bridgestone Battlax BT-003rs
Back to top Go down
IAmABug




PostSubject: Re: 13*48 need new chain ?   Fri Jul 12, 2013 7:58 pm

motokid wrote:
FG250WRR wrote:
motokid wrote:
yes  - you will need a longer chain to go from 13/43 to 13/48.

On my wr250x I needed 112 links. The stock chain was 108 links.

Thanks  a lot
but R and X get same stock chain ?:scratch: 

:dunno:   I don't know. Go count your links. :thumb: 

I have an R and it was 108. Only one tooth different stock. You can go up to a 45t out back before you need a longer chain...
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content




PostSubject: Re: 13*48 need new chain ?   

Back to top Go down
 
13*48 need new chain ?
Back to top 
Page 1 of 1
 Similar topics
-
» Chain in place of belt.
» Rigging up a rope and chain to grid
» the third letter from the last -- word chain by drawing
» 3spd Gearbox pulley & chain what speeds are these good till?
» Lift or lower Murray chain drive?

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Welcome to the WRR/X Forum :: Technical :: Sprockets and Chains-
Jump to: