Welcome to the WRR/X Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Welcome to the WRR/X Forum

A place to share your passion for the WR250R/X!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
WR250R/X Forum

our bikes in the rain

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
kpla51

kpla51

our bikes in the rain  Empty
PostSubject: our bikes in the rain    our bikes in the rain  EmptyFri Jul 26, 2013 6:37 pm

so i have no choice but to leave my bike out in the elements. it rained super hard last night and i was wondering if anyone has had any issues with rain getting into the exhaust and into the engine i have a yosh muffler so its not like the stock where it was pointing down at the end. just curious if i should be worried i don't want to change the oil because i just changed it yesterday.
Back to top Go down
motokid
motokid

PostSubject: Re: our bikes in the rain    our bikes in the rain  EmptyFri Jul 26, 2013 6:58 pm

Never ever, not once ever heard of anyone ever having that kind of problem.

I think anything short of actually submerging your bike underwater, while it's running, is going to be a non-issue regarding our bikes.

Airbox Door Removed - Flapper glued - AIS removed
FmF Q4
Bridgestone Battlax BT-003rs
Back to top Go down
kpla51

kpla51

PostSubject: Re: our bikes in the rain    our bikes in the rain  EmptyFri Jul 26, 2013 7:02 pm

Ok haha where I live is flooded like crazy so I thought maybe water could of been going in but I guess not.
Back to top Go down
motokid
motokid

PostSubject: Re: our bikes in the rain    our bikes in the rain  EmptyFri Jul 26, 2013 7:06 pm

You can buy a plug for exhaust hole if you're worried.

our bikes in the rain  MUFF-FMF-2-STRO_is?$product_large_1000$

Most Cycle Gear stores have them I believe.

FmF Q4
Back to top Go down
kpla51

kpla51

PostSubject: Re: our bikes in the rain    our bikes in the rain  EmptyFri Jul 26, 2013 7:08 pm

I have one but I left it at a buddies house
Back to top Go down
motokid
motokid

PostSubject: Re: our bikes in the rain    our bikes in the rain  EmptyFri Jul 26, 2013 7:10 pm

Rubber band and baggie.

A condom.

Improvise.

FmF Q4
Back to top Go down
kpla51

kpla51

PostSubject: Re: our bikes in the rain    our bikes in the rain  EmptyFri Jul 26, 2013 7:19 pm

i stuffed a bag in there on my way to work and i was looking around and everywhere was flooded so it had me thinking of how hard it actually rained while i was asleep.
Back to top Go down
mucker

mucker

PostSubject: Re: our bikes in the rain    our bikes in the rain  EmptyFri Jul 26, 2013 10:50 pm

Never , ever, let your exhaust allow water to enter....washing, riding or sitting.

If it's running, it should never enter the exhaust.

When it's running, never let it enter the intake.

As far as torrential down pours go, mine worked perfect...tho I haven't tried to test that extensively.

The more water you punish it with, the more clean and lube and attention it deserves, thats all.

But it is ready, no doubt.
Back to top Go down
GusinCA

GusinCA

PostSubject: Re: our bikes in the rain    our bikes in the rain  EmptyMon Jul 29, 2013 5:28 pm

Mine sits outside too. This fits perfectly in size large:

http://www.amazon.com/Dowco-50003-02-Guardian-WeatherAll-Motorcycle/dp/B0022ZN6WU/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1375133290&sr=8-1&keywords=guardian+motorcycle+cover
Back to top Go down
kpla51

kpla51

PostSubject: Re: our bikes in the rain    our bikes in the rain  EmptyMon Jul 29, 2013 5:54 pm

That's what I should buy since I don't have a garage!
Back to top Go down
GusinCA

GusinCA

PostSubject: Re: our bikes in the rain    our bikes in the rain  EmptyMon Jul 29, 2013 6:14 pm

Yeah, I keep mine sitting on a rack on the back of my van. That way I'm always ready to go.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: our bikes in the rain    our bikes in the rain  Empty

Back to top Go down

our bikes in the rain
Page 1 of 1