Welcome to the WRR/X Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Welcome to the WRR/X Forum

A place to share your passion for the WR250R/X!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
WR250R/X Forum

Graphics and other stick on bling

Go down 
+2
SheWolf
mwakey
6 posters
AuthorMessage
mwakey

mwakey

Graphics and other stick on bling Empty
PostSubject: Graphics and other stick on bling   Graphics and other stick on bling EmptySun Feb 08, 2009 7:20 pm

One of the first mods on my list was to tear off all the factory graphics, warning stickers, etc... leaving me with a clean palette. I have an X and don't really need the flashy graphics like most of you R people crave. I like the lean & clean look. But with all the graphics off the bike it looked too plain jane, so I got one of these tuning fork emblems and placed it where the same logo is on the stock graphics on the shrouds. This is a nice quality 3D dome shaped emblem with good sticky stuff on the back. The part is originally from the engine cowling of a Yamaha 20 hp outboard motor. Yamaha part # 6AH-42697-01-00 and can be ordered from any Yamaha Marine dealer. It is exactly the same size as the tuning fork logo on the stock graphics and looks great IMHO...

Graphics and other stick on bling F20TuningForkEmblemGraphics and other stick on bling Rightside
Back to top Go down
SheWolf
Alpha Rider
SheWolf

PostSubject: Re: Graphics and other stick on bling   Graphics and other stick on bling EmptySun Feb 08, 2009 7:46 pm

I threw stickers on all over the place on mine. First off was the tail I made for the back, and the paw decal I designed on both shrouds.

Graphics and other stick on bling IMG_0801
Then a Fox decal on the headlight cover.
Graphics and other stick on bling IMG_0857
Gave him some numbers.
Graphics and other stick on bling IMG_0843
Front fender bike shop decals and Fox fork cover decals.
Graphics and other stick on bling IMG_0885
Swingarm decals off a WR400.
Graphics and other stick on bling IMG_0888
Rear shock stuff.
Graphics and other stick on bling IMG_0890
Tank thing that was kinda cool.
Graphics and other stick on bling IMG_0891
Fox fork decals.
Graphics and other stick on bling IMG_0889
Fox rear fender decal.
Graphics and other stick on bling IMG_0887_1

Then there is the personalized plate he's got. Yeah I'm a sticker freak. Very happy

mwakey

PostSubject: Re: Graphics and other stick on bling   Graphics and other stick on bling EmptySun Feb 08, 2009 7:53 pm

SheWolf wrote:
Graphics and other stick on bling IMG_0890

My Blue Meanie eats little red guys for lunch....

Graphics and other stick on bling TheBlueMeanie
Back to top Go down
SheWolf
Alpha Rider
SheWolf

PostSubject: Re: Graphics and other stick on bling   Graphics and other stick on bling EmptySun Feb 08, 2009 7:59 pm

Why does that thing remind me of the Noid from Domino's Pizza.... poser2 thumb

mwakey

PostSubject: Re: Graphics and other stick on bling   Graphics and other stick on bling EmptySun Feb 08, 2009 8:15 pm

SheWolf wrote:

Probably because they stold the idea from the Beatles. Watch the movie Yellow Submarine if you want to know what a Blue Meanie is.
Back to top Go down
Fargo_Wolf

Fargo_Wolf

PostSubject: Re: Graphics and other stick on bling   Graphics and other stick on bling EmptySun Feb 08, 2009 8:32 pm

SheWolf wrote:

You're right. It does remind me of the Noid from those old Domino's Pizza commercials.
Back to top Go down
SheWolf
Alpha Rider
SheWolf

PostSubject: Re: Graphics and other stick on bling   Graphics and other stick on bling EmptySun Feb 08, 2009 8:34 pm

Crap...there was a trip from the past...that little sucker that hated music! Brings back memories of The Monkees now too. Gah I feel old now. GAHHHH

mwakey

PostSubject: Re: Graphics and other stick on bling   Graphics and other stick on bling EmptySun Feb 08, 2009 10:08 pm

Well I happen to LOVE music, so that is not the reason I put him there. I just like the goofy face and the bike IS blue, so I guess the Blue Meanie fits doesn't it?

FYI: The Beatles originally got the idea for the name Blue Meanies from the Magic Mushrooms that I'm sure they sampled on more than one occassion back the glorious psychedelic 60's.
Back to top Go down
vwsandman

vwsandman

PostSubject: Re: Graphics and other stick on bling   Graphics and other stick on bling EmptySat Feb 28, 2009 1:51 am

Some cool ideas to be had here:
http://graphicmx.com/ykit.shtml http://www.powersportswraps.com/index.php

When my stock graphics get bad, might give the wraps a try...some of them are pretty cool
Back to top Go down
badmotoscooter

badmotoscooter

PostSubject: Re: Graphics and other stick on bling   Graphics and other stick on bling EmptyWed Apr 29, 2009 10:15 am

Graphics and other stick on bling Motographics001

this is a bad photo of my sticks....i'll try to get some better ones on later...
Back to top Go down
badmotoscooter

badmotoscooter

PostSubject: Re: Graphics and other stick on bling   Graphics and other stick on bling EmptyWed Apr 29, 2009 12:11 pm

Graphics and other stick on bling Motographics_003
Graphics and other stick on bling Motographics_005
Graphics and other stick on bling Motographics_004
Graphics and other stick on bling Motographics_006

got all this done at a cool local sign shop (thanks NWA Sign Shop) and am very happy with the results. the stuff is highly reflective (they use it on our local cop cars) 'cause i do my pavement commute at 3:30 in the morning and i want to be seen. at first i thought the flames would look stupid and almost canceled it but it's really not too 'over the top'.

in the end, i'm much like wolf....i've been a sticker nut for most my life (ask boogn1sh about my old '81 Honda Civic Wagon) and this thing is gonna be COVERED with 'em.
Back to top Go down
0007onWR

0007onWR

PostSubject: Re: Graphics and other stick on bling   Graphics and other stick on bling EmptyWed Apr 29, 2009 10:23 pm

badmotoscooter
Yer sticker guy used the Yamaha Music logo instead of motorsport
The "Yamaha" is right but the tuning fork is different
Back to top Go down
mwakey

mwakey

PostSubject: Re: Graphics and other stick on bling   Graphics and other stick on bling EmptyThu Apr 30, 2009 6:32 am

What's different about the tuning forks? Other than they don't extend all the way into the outer diameter of the circle? Yamaha only has one logo as far I know for all their products. The marine logo is the same as the one on the bikes.
Back to top Go down
0007onWR

0007onWR

PostSubject: Re: Graphics and other stick on bling   Graphics and other stick on bling EmptyThu Apr 30, 2009 5:26 pm

You got part of it in the length of the tuning fork's, you have to put them side by side to see all the differences
Music is always black and the bottom of the "M" doesn't go all the way down
Motorsport is always Red, Used to be Blue in the US but they changed it
Marine and motorsport are the same stuff, Yamaha Music is actually a different company with the same name

NO big deal but interesting Yamaha trivia
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Graphics and other stick on bling   Graphics and other stick on bling Empty

Back to top Go down

Graphics and other stick on bling
Page 1 of 1