Welcome to the WRR/X Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Welcome to the WRR/X Forum

A place to share your passion for the WR250R/X!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
WR250R/X Forum

New R² Owner & Forum member from New Jersey

Go down 
AuthorMessage
edski

New R² Owner & Forum member from New Jersey Empty
PostSubject: New R² Owner & Forum member from New Jersey   New R² Owner & Forum member from New Jersey EmptyThu Aug 08, 2013 2:42 pm

Hello all! I have been a lurker for several months, but mostly on the advrider WR mega thread (and in thumper talk also) reading up and lusting for my own R². Finally, the sun, planets, moon and my wallet were alignment and I got a decent deal on a zero mileage 2012 leftover WR250R from Cycle Max, Honeybrook PA two fridays ago. Been breaking her in commuting to work, but planning to do some riding in the Wharton State Forest (pine barrens) here in NJ as soon as I get all my protective pieces in place.

So far, I have done the "stock lowering" by cranking out the lower damper on the shock to 25 clicks, adjusting the clevis nut until one thread was still showing (to preserve adjustment range) and reset the damper. I also ended up pushing the forks up through the triple clamps 1/2" for handling balance. Still working out adjustments to the preload and clickers, but I can at least flat foot one foot, or get the balls of both feet on the ground at a stop now.

I have just over 500 miles on it now, and hope to increase that this coming weekend after making some more "adjustments" to my new ride: removing seat strap, off with the passenger pegs - especially the right one that keeps poking me in the back of my leg, and installing my new billet tail rack from Jared on eBay.

I have some generic hand guards on order to install on the stock handlebars for now. I figure I'll use that combo until I'm forced to replace the handlebars.

Next in my sights is the B&B Off-Road "bash plate" (from Australia) to replace the silly white plastic case guards that came with the bike. Looks like a fine piece of workmanship.
Back to top Go down

New R² Owner & Forum member from New Jersey
Page 1 of 1