Welcome to the WRR/X Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Welcome to the WRR/X Forum

A place to share your passion for the WR250R/X!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
WR250R/X Forum

New member from Dirty Jersey

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Dirt History

New member from Dirty Jersey Empty
PostSubject: New member from Dirty Jersey   New member from Dirty Jersey EmptySat Mar 05, 2016 10:57 am

Hello all just here to introduce myself and also have a question for you experienced riders. Picked up my 2016 WR250R last month and love it so far. Few mods done are the flatland skid and radiator guard, zeta hand guards, and the edge 2 fender kit. Now looking at the pro taper bars 1 1/8 but stuck on the bend type, now it's either the woodland or this new adventure bar I've seen the high mount anyone have this yet and their thoughts ? My height is 6'1 thanks and safe riding. I can put pics up if anyone would like to see, but figured all these mods have been seen before.

Other toys : 08 Grizzly, 2011 BMW 1200 RT
Back to top Go down
wwguy

wwguy

PostSubject: Re: New member from Dirty Jersey   New member from Dirty Jersey EmptySat Mar 05, 2016 5:48 pm

Welcome to the group!

I'm 6' 2" tall and needed extra bar height to ride while standing comfortably for long periods.  I started with adding 30 mm Tusk risers to the stock 7/8" bars, which gave me some initial relief, but I wanted more.  I'm currently running Pro Taper Evo Woods High Bend bars on top of a Scott's steering stabilizer SUB (under-bar ) mount.  That combo looks to be pretty similar to the height specs for the Evo Adventure bar, but the Adventure bars do seem to have additional width and sweep.  I had to purchase custom cables from Motion Pro that were 3" longer than stock to mount my controls on the new bars and mount.  I also had to extend the controls wiring by 3" by soldering in extensions and covering them with heat shrink tubing.  Over the winter I also added Fastway Evo footpegs mounted in the "lowboy" position, which also gave me some more room to stand while riding.

Hope this helps.  More photos of my setup in this thread if interested.
Back to top Go down
Dirt History

PostSubject: Re: New member from Dirty Jersey   New member from Dirty Jersey EmptySun Mar 06, 2016 9:22 am

Hi thanks for your input and you had to extend cables 6 inches to fit wow
Back to top Go down
Evol

Evol

PostSubject: Re: New member from Dirty Jersey   New member from Dirty Jersey EmptySun Mar 06, 2016 9:42 am

Dirt History wrote:
Hi thanks for your input  and you had to extend cables 6 inches to fit wow
I believe he extended the cables by 3", not 6".
He purchased cables (throttle and clutch) that were 3" longer and had to extend the control wires (electrical) by 3" also....That's my understanding of his post.
Back to top Go down
mcdoudlehopper

mcdoudlehopper

PostSubject: Re: New member from Dirty Jersey   New member from Dirty Jersey EmptySun Mar 06, 2016 10:59 am

needpics worthless needpics kumbaya
Back to top Go down
wwguy

wwguy

PostSubject: Re: New member from Dirty Jersey   New member from Dirty Jersey EmptySun Mar 06, 2016 2:04 pm

Evol wrote:
Dirt History wrote:
Hi thanks for your input  and you had to extend cables 6 inches to fit wow
I believe he extended the cables by 3", not 6".
He purchased cables (throttle and clutch) that were 3" longer and had to extend the control wires (electrical) by 3" also....That's my understanding of his post.

Yep. I needed to go 3" longer on everything to accommodate the taller wider bars and retain original cable and wiring routing.

mcdoudlehopper wrote:
needpics   worthless   needpics   kumbaya

Pics of what? My handlebar photos are in my previous linked thread. The OP hasn't purchased a new handlebar setup yet. His stated mods so far are just the basic stuff that most new WRR owners do.
Back to top Go down
mcdoudlehopper

mcdoudlehopper

PostSubject: Re: New member from Dirty Jersey   New member from Dirty Jersey EmptySun Mar 06, 2016 4:40 pm

Oh sorry I missed the link. Even funnier, I already read your previous thread. Shog Wanted to see the risers
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: New member from Dirty Jersey   New member from Dirty Jersey Empty

Back to top Go down

New member from Dirty Jersey
Page 1 of 1