Welcome to the WRR/X Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Welcome to the WRR/X Forum

A place to share your passion for the WR250R/X!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
WR250R/X Forum

compression/ rebound: personal preference?

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
REATOR

compression/ rebound: personal preference? Empty
PostSubject: compression/ rebound: personal preference?   compression/ rebound: personal preference? EmptyThu Aug 15, 2013 2:58 pm

I know this has been talked about time and time again, but I have seen very little in response to peoples' personal settings. So if it's not to top secrete please share.

I'm new to the WRR family and still in the honeymoon stage. I know the best way is to spend time and do the ol' trial and error method, but just curious on what works for others. I'm 6', 175lbs, and as of now ride 60/40 (road/off). My largest issue so far has been the high speed wobble. Guessing it starts around 60mph. I know knobby tires don't help, but it shouldn't be that bad.

Any insight on the matter or just what everyone prefers for their front andrear rebound/compression would be nice to know.
Back to top Go down
YZEtc

YZEtc

PostSubject: Re: compression/ rebound: personal preference?   compression/ rebound: personal preference? EmptyThu Aug 15, 2013 8:03 pm

What's your rider sag (AKA race sag or static sag) with your rear suspension?
Should be one-third of total suspension travel, which is 3.5 inches on a WR-250R.
Back to top Go down
REATOR

PostSubject: Re: compression/ rebound: personal preference?   compression/ rebound: personal preference? EmptyFri Aug 16, 2013 4:11 am

Not sure YZEtc. Didn't even know about it until now. I will try and find a helping hand, measure it, and adjust accordingly.
thanks for the steer in the right direction.

On a second note in reference to speed wobble. It is best to check tire pressure. Mine was way to low and at proper psi; leveled right out.
Back to top Go down
YZEtc

YZEtc

PostSubject: Re: compression/ rebound: personal preference?   compression/ rebound: personal preference? EmptyFri Aug 16, 2013 7:03 am

Sounds good.
Isn't it amazing when the basics come into play? :)
Back to top Go down
Biglake

PostSubject: Re: compression/ rebound: personal preference?   compression/ rebound: personal preference? EmptyFri Aug 16, 2013 10:11 am

When I had stock suspension I ran...

4 inches of sag, its more than 1/3 of the travell but thats what all the tuners reccomend for this bike and the bike handles better with 4 inches instead of 3.5 inches IMO.
I also run the rear lowered all the way on the stock lowering adjustment with the front stock height as the bike is too high in the rear IMO.

Rear compression 5 out and rear rebound maxxed out at 3 out and I want more rebound!

The forks were 5 out on compression and 12 out on rebound.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: compression/ rebound: personal preference?   compression/ rebound: personal preference? Empty

Back to top Go down

compression/ rebound: personal preference?
Page 1 of 1