Welcome to the WRR/X Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Welcome to the WRR/X Forum

A place to share your passion for the WR250R/X!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
WR250R/X Forum

Todays ride at Anza Borrego

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
yotamaster

yotamaster

Todays ride at Anza Borrego Empty
PostSubject: Todays ride at Anza Borrego   Todays ride at Anza Borrego EmptySun Sep 01, 2013 7:27 pm

Yah the Desert Anza Borrego due to all the flash floods it is WET!! out there. There were still some places that the water was still flowing. If you live in the area get out and ride it.

Todays ride at Anza Borrego 09011310

Sides of the cliff recent fall
Todays ride at Anza Borrego 09011312
Back to top Go down
Rusty Shovel

Rusty Shovel

PostSubject: Re: Todays ride at Anza Borrego   Todays ride at Anza Borrego EmptySun Sep 01, 2013 7:43 pm

I moved to Texas from Indio two years ago. I still miss it and I hope to move back someday. There are so many places to explore there! I'm envious of you.
Back to top Go down
yotamaster

yotamaster

PostSubject: Re: Todays ride at Anza Borrego   Todays ride at Anza Borrego EmptyMon Sep 02, 2013 8:47 pm

Texas must have some good stuff pretty flat though. Been doing a lot of adventure riding haven't really explored the Indio area any suggestions?
Back to top Go down
Rusty Shovel

Rusty Shovel

PostSubject: Re: Todays ride at Anza Borrego   Todays ride at Anza Borrego EmptyTue Sep 03, 2013 12:09 am

yotamaster wrote:
Texas must have some good stuff pretty flat though. Been doing a lot of adventure riding haven't really explored the Indio area any suggestions?
There surprisingly few opportunities for adventure riding near Houston.  There is VERY little public land in Texas.  There are so many good spots in Southern California--Mostly it's fun to buy a reasonably detailed atlas and just go on a lark.  There are miles and miles to explore.  

Some suggestions:

Go find the trailhead to the "Ladders" hike.  No, you can't ride your bike on the trail, but the hike is short and awesome.  The trailhead can only be reached via dirt road, and there are some nice little hill climbs off to the sides.

Todays ride at Anza Borrego IMG_2928

Go discover the "Calcite Mines."  This is just a cool 4x4-only destination (or 2x1 as the case may be).  You can read about the history of the place online.

Todays ride at Anza Borrego IMG_1438

Todays ride at Anza Borrego IMG_1443

Ride the Berdoo Canyon Road for a free backdoor pass to Johua Tree National Park--and don't worry, the rangers know all about the Berdoo Canyon Road and aren't concerned about charging entry fees.  They WILL, however, charge you if you try to leave through one of the main entrances.  So if you come in Berdoo, you gotta leave via Berdoo (bring plenty of gas).  Once you're in the park, ride the Black Eagle and Old Dale Roads.  Google maps doesn't think Berdoo goes all the way to the park; it does.  Pack a lunch for this one.  In fact, bring a tent; you may wanna stay a while.

Todays ride at Anza Borrego IMG_1528

Todays ride at Anza Borrego IMG_1531

Todays ride at Anza Borrego IMG_1567

Todays ride at Anza Borrego IMG_1553

That should be more than enough to keep you busy. They're all great rides.  You can Google them all for more detailed trailhead info.

Have fun, take pictures!

Rusty
Back to top Go down
yotamaster

yotamaster

PostSubject: Re: Todays ride at Anza Borrego   Todays ride at Anza Borrego EmptyTue Sep 03, 2013 8:47 am

Wow, thanks for taking the time to put together a few rides I appreciate it. I have heard about the Joshua Tree trail sounds like a great ride. Thanks for the others i'll get out there when it cools down a little.

Jack
Back to top Go down
Wallrat

Wallrat

PostSubject: Re: Todays ride at Anza Borrego   Todays ride at Anza Borrego EmptyThu Sep 05, 2013 10:28 pm

Went to AB once and I'm hooked.  I'm not terribly local though so I generally only go out that way during the winter when it's cooler.  

Sheep Tanks:
Todays ride at Anza Borrego IMG_1735

Fish Creek I think?
Todays ride at Anza Borrego IMG_1749
Back to top Go down
rvsixer

rvsixer

PostSubject: Re: Todays ride at Anza Borrego   Todays ride at Anza Borrego EmptyThu Sep 05, 2013 11:48 pm

Another south OC based rider here.  I gotta' make it out to AB as well when it cools down, it looks spectacular to ride.  I want to see the metal dinosaurs too while I am out there (they can look back at the near-dinosaur that is me LOL Very happy ).
Back to top Go down
yotamaster

yotamaster

PostSubject: Re: Todays ride at Anza Borrego   Todays ride at Anza Borrego EmptyFri Sep 06, 2013 8:56 am

Wallrat wrote:
Went to AB once and I'm hooked.  I'm not terribly local though so I generally only go out that way during the winter when it's cooler.  

Sheep Tanks:
Todays ride at Anza Borrego IMG_1735

Fish Creek I think?
Todays ride at Anza Borrego IMG_1749
Yah AB is killer lots to explore especially with a Dual Sport. The pictures I took were in Fish Creek its south of Hwy 78. You can enter it from Split Mountain road.

If your interested I have a GPS track I could send to you it was a 95 mile loop. I also have another 120 mile loop probably 80% dirt.

Let me know
Back to top Go down
Wallrat

Wallrat

PostSubject: Re: Todays ride at Anza Borrego   Todays ride at Anza Borrego EmptyFri Sep 06, 2013 2:12 pm

Better yet, how about we meet up once the weather turns and spend a couple days riding?
Back to top Go down
yotamaster

yotamaster

PostSubject: Re: Todays ride at Anza Borrego   Todays ride at Anza Borrego EmptyFri Sep 06, 2013 2:26 pm

rvsixer wrote:
Another south OC based rider here.  I gotta' make it out to AB as well when it cools down, it looks spectacular to ride.  I want to see the metal dinosaurs too while I am out there (they can look back at the near-dinosaur that is me LOL Very happy ).
Sure maybe get Rvsixer to join in. We could ride the area near interstate 8 Superstition and then the North Anza Borrego. I'll put something together give me a shout when you want to ride Cools down nice the end of October early November thumb
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Todays ride at Anza Borrego   Todays ride at Anza Borrego Empty

Back to top Go down

Todays ride at Anza Borrego
Page 1 of 1