Welcome to the WRR/X Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Welcome to the WRR/X Forum

A place to share your passion for the WR250R/X!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
WR250R/X Forum

My WR250X Was Stolen- Washington DC

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
tomandjerry00

My WR250X Was Stolen- Washington DC Empty
PostSubject: My WR250X Was Stolen- Washington DC   My WR250X Was Stolen- Washington DC EmptySun Sep 08, 2013 6:26 pm

My 2009 WR250X was stolen Friday night from my parents driveway. I had left it at their place for a few days and made the dumb decision to not put in garage or put the disc brake alarm on... Don't let affluent neighborhoods fool you.

Anyway, if anyone sees a WR250X around that might be mine, please let me know!!!

Some identifying features (who knows what has changed now...):
-all black 4.7 gallon IMS gas tank
-black/white/red plastics
-FMF pipe
-bar-end mirrors attached to handguards
-12V outlet
-Black and big cyclerack with an LED strip on the back as a brake/running light
-fender eliminator kit
-All the carbon fiber covers and colorful engine bolts (red) one could ask for
-small, smoke LED signals
Back to top Go down
BuilderBob

BuilderBob

PostSubject: Re: My WR250X Was Stolen- Washington DC   My WR250X Was Stolen- Washington DC EmptySun Sep 08, 2013 8:22 pm

That sucks. Should be easily identifiable by your improvements. Keep an eye out on craigslist.
Back to top Go down
tomandjerry00

PostSubject: Re: My WR250X Was Stolen- Washington DC   My WR250X Was Stolen- Washington DC EmptyTue Sep 10, 2013 1:01 pm

BuilderBob wrote:
That sucks.  Should be easily identifiable by your improvements.  Keep an eye out on craigslist.
Sure hope so and I am, thanks a lot!
Back to top Go down
GusinCA

GusinCA

PostSubject: Re: My WR250X Was Stolen- Washington DC   My WR250X Was Stolen- Washington DC EmptyTue Sep 10, 2013 6:22 pm

Yup, I live in one of the most affluent areas of the country and had my old XT225 stolen right from my carport. All I had on it was a cable lock, easily cut.
So, I had my suspect, a young skinny kid who had come to live with his grandma, tats up and down his arms, always smoking with his tatted up friends. When the cops came to take my report they knew him, said he was a druggie they had dealings with before. So what did I do? I parked my Expedition in the parking lot in front of my space, and set up my camera on time lapse mode to take a photo every second all night through the tinted glass (so no one could see the camera inside). Then I parked my new WR250R in my space, and this time it was locked through the frame with a giant chain and lock. Sure enough, 2 nights later I get pics of him and his buddies checking out the bike, lifting the chain up, trying to move the bike, and even one shot shows him with bolt cutters in his hands. No chance, that chain has links as thick as your thumb.
When I showed the pics to the cops, they came and interviewed him in front of his grandma, he admitted his friends and him stole the bike by throwing it into the back of a pickup truck and selling it for drugs. Never saw the bike again, it's probably delivering pizzas in Tijuana, but the kid got put in jail and I never saw his ugly mug around my place again...
Back to top Go down
Jäger
Admin
Jäger

PostSubject: Re: My WR250X Was Stolen- Washington DC   My WR250X Was Stolen- Washington DC EmptySat Sep 14, 2013 3:19 am

GusinCA wrote:
Yup, I live in one of the most affluent areas of the country and had my old XT225 stolen right from my carport. All I had on it was a cable lock, easily cut.
So, I had my suspect, a young skinny kid who had come to live with his grandma, tats up and down his arms, always smoking with his tatted up friends. When the cops came to take my report they knew him, said he was a druggie they had dealings with before. So what did I do? I parked my Expedition in the parking lot in front of my space, and set up my camera on time lapse mode to take a photo every second all night through the tinted glass (so no one could see the camera inside). Then I parked my new WR250R in my space, and this time it was locked through the frame with a giant chain and lock. Sure enough, 2 nights later I get pics of him and his buddies checking out the bike, lifting the chain up, trying to move the bike, and even one shot shows him with bolt cutters in his hands. No chance, that chain has links as thick as your thumb.
When I showed the pics to the cops, they came and interviewed him in front of his grandma, he admitted his friends and him stole the bike by throwing it into the back of a pickup truck and selling it for drugs. Never saw the bike again, it's probably delivering pizzas in Tijuana, but the kid got put in jail and I never saw his ugly mug around my place again...
In Montana, it's a lot simpler and a sure cure for recidivism to just shoot them where they stand while they're working on that chain with their bolt cutters.

Of course, they know that, so most dirtballs don't attempt to ply their trade in Montana, or they stick to stuff like trying to hang bad paper.  Meaning your stuff is pretty safe most places.
Back to top Go down
sswrx

sswrx

PostSubject: Re: My WR250X Was Stolen- Washington DC   My WR250X Was Stolen- Washington DC EmptyMon Sep 16, 2013 11:59 am

Jäger wrote:
GusinCA wrote:
In Montana, it's a lot simpler and a sure cure for recidivism to just shoot them where they stand while they're working on that chain with their bolt cutters.

Of course, they know that, so most dirtballs don't attempt to ply their trade in Montana, or they stick to stuff like trying to hang bad paper.  Meaning your stuff is pretty safe most places.
thumb  The threat of lead poisoning is usually an effective crime deterrent.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: My WR250X Was Stolen- Washington DC   My WR250X Was Stolen- Washington DC Empty

Back to top Go down

My WR250X Was Stolen- Washington DC
Page 1 of 1