Welcome to the WRR/X Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Welcome to the WRR/X Forum

A place to share your passion for the WR250R/X!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
WR250R/X Forum

Titanium footpegs

Go down 
+4
pbnut
TurbStLCards
hyperboarder
SLOWRIDER
8 posters
AuthorMessage
SLOWRIDER

Titanium footpegs Empty
PostSubject: Titanium footpegs   Titanium footpegs EmptyThu Sep 12, 2013 12:22 am

Has anybody put on titanium footpegs?
Was there a weight savings?
Worth doing?
Back to top Go down
hyperboarder

Titanium footpegs Empty
PostSubject: Re: Titanium footpegs   Titanium footpegs EmptyThu Sep 12, 2013 9:10 am

https://wr250rforum.forumotion.com/t7140-yz-titanium-pegs-on-a-wr

Looks like the YZ ones fit from the early 00's
Back to top Go down
TurbStLCards

TurbStLCards

Titanium footpegs Empty
PostSubject: Re: Titanium footpegs   Titanium footpegs EmptyThu Sep 12, 2013 2:50 pm

I have them on mine and you will be amazed at how light they are when you hold a stocker in one hand and the ti part in the other.

I doubt you will be able to feel the difference when riding but it's cool to know you have them.
Back to top Go down
SLOWRIDER

Titanium footpegs Empty
PostSubject: Re: Titanium footpegs   Titanium footpegs EmptyThu Sep 12, 2013 2:55 pm

TurbStLCards wrote:
I have them on mine and you will be amazed at how light they are when you hold a stocker in one hand and the ti part in the other.

I doubt you will be able to feel the difference when riding but it's cool to know you have them.
Did you have the YZ ones and if so, which year pegs did you buy???

P.S. Your bike bulid is awesome!!!
Back to top Go down
pbnut

pbnut

Titanium footpegs Empty
PostSubject: Re: Titanium footpegs   Titanium footpegs EmptyFri Sep 13, 2013 9:11 pm

Is it worth it? Probably not. Did I do it anyway? Yes.

This thread at Supermotojunkie has the info you seek.
http://www.supermotojunkie.com/showthread.php?120710-Driven-Shifter-2010-Wr250X
Back to top Go down
SLOWRIDER

Titanium footpegs Empty
PostSubject: Re: Titanium footpegs   Titanium footpegs EmptySat Sep 14, 2013 12:57 am

pbnut wrote:
Is it worth it? Probably not. Did I do it anyway? Yes.

This thread at Supermotojunkie has the info you seek.
http://www.supermotojunkie.com/showthread.php?120710-Driven-Shifter-2010-Wr250X
Thanks pbnut! That was the exact information I was looking for.
Back to top Go down
marleymouse

Titanium footpegs Empty
PostSubject: Re: Titanium footpegs   Titanium footpegs EmptySat Sep 14, 2013 4:41 am

I fitted RFX aluminium pegs not for a weight saving but because they are longer & wider than stock & have replacable studs...perfect for a muddy boot!
Back to top Go down
Biglake

Titanium footpegs Empty
PostSubject: Re: Titanium footpegs   Titanium footpegs EmptySat Sep 14, 2013 10:04 am

IMO titanium pegs would be good on a super motard but they break when they hit stuff offroad so they arent good for a wrr thats used offroad. Guys replace the ti pegs with stainless ones on yzs so they dont have to ride home with broken pegs.
Back to top Go down
hyperboarder

Titanium footpegs Empty
PostSubject: Re: Titanium footpegs   Titanium footpegs EmptySat Sep 14, 2013 11:03 pm

marleymouse wrote:
I fitted RFX aluminium pegs not for a weight saving but because they are longer & wider than stock & have replacable studs...perfect for a muddy boot!
Link?
Back to top Go down
saddletramp

Titanium footpegs Empty
PostSubject: Re: Titanium footpegs   Titanium footpegs EmptySun Sep 15, 2013 1:39 am

I went wtih these. Check out my photos near bottom of page 1. Have been using them all this season and more than satisfied. Less than $100 delivered to Canada and Radan was a great guy to deal with.

https://wr250rforum.forumotion.com/t8177-footpegs-for-wr250r?highlight=footpegs
Back to top Go down
marleymouse

Titanium footpegs Empty
PostSubject: Re: Titanium footpegs   Titanium footpegs EmptySun Sep 15, 2013 4:18 pm

hyperboarder wrote:
marleymouse wrote:
Link?
Not sure of a link should be able to google them...but if you are in the states try fastway footpegs i have them on my ktm they are excellent american made steel bulletproof with replacable studs..a bit expensive in the uk but probably better priced your side of the pond
Back to top Go down
averian

Titanium footpegs Empty
PostSubject: Re: Titanium footpegs   Titanium footpegs EmptySat Oct 26, 2013 2:53 pm

Biglake wrote:
IMO titanium pegs would be good on a super motard but they break when they hit stuff offroad so they arent good for a wrr thats used offroad. Guys replace the ti pegs with stainless ones on yzs so they dont have to ride home with broken pegs.
I didn't realize that but it makes sense. Thanks for posting! Not going to track down titanium pegs now...
Back to top Go down
saddletramp

Titanium footpegs Empty
PostSubject: Re: Titanium footpegs   Titanium footpegs EmptySat Oct 26, 2013 8:35 pm

I presume you have already considered these - https://wr250rforum.forumotion.com/t8177-footpegs-for-wr250r?highlight=footpegs

I have just completed a season with them and am very pleased. They and very well made and extremely comfortable for standing.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Titanium footpegs Empty
PostSubject: Re: Titanium footpegs   Titanium footpegs Empty

Back to top Go down

Titanium footpegs
Page 1 of 1