Welcome to the WRR/X Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Welcome to the WRR/X Forum

A place to share your passion for the WR250R/X!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
WR250R/X Forum

DIY stock seat foam upgrade?

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
AZNoob

AZNoob

DIY stock seat foam upgrade? Empty
PostSubject: DIY stock seat foam upgrade?   DIY stock seat foam upgrade? EmptyThu Oct 10, 2013 3:58 pm

Has anyone added a layer of foam or reshaped the stock foam on their seat? I need to keep the height, just curious if its an easy thing to do vs. buying a Seat Concepts upgrade.

thanks!
Back to top Go down
rsteiger

rsteiger

PostSubject: Re: DIY stock seat foam upgrade?   DIY stock seat foam upgrade? EmptyThu Oct 10, 2013 4:49 pm

AZNoob wrote:

Has anyone added a layer of foam or reshaped the stock foam on their seat? I need to keep the height, just curious if its an easy thing to do vs. buying a Seat Concepts upgrade.

thanks!
I think a decent upholstery could modify your seat pretty easily for not too much money. The thing is know what modifications to make so it is comfortable to you.

I have use Seat Concepts kits on 5 different bikes. On three of the them they worked out GREAT.

On my Strom it is so so.. I think the stepped seat pushing against my tailbone is the problem on that one. I will probably go the Russel route on that bike.

The WRR is a bit strange to me. The Seat Concepts kit performs very well provided that I am riding a lot of trails an not too much street. However, once I have o do some street miles the seat becomes uncomfortable after a bit of time. My buddy had a Renzaco seat that I borrowed for a couple of weeks and I was comfortable on that no matter if it was street or off-road.

After much thought, I bought a used WRR stock seat and sent it to Renzaco. My build date is early November.
Back to top Go down
tyrone

PostSubject: Re: DIY stock seat foam upgrade?   DIY stock seat foam upgrade? EmptyThu Oct 10, 2013 9:27 pm

Do you have to sit at red lights a lot? I think that's what bothers me because my legs are short and it's uncomfortable. If I could keep my weight on the pegs all day it might not be as bad.
Back to top Go down
rsteiger

rsteiger

PostSubject: Re: DIY stock seat foam upgrade?   DIY stock seat foam upgrade? EmptyThu Oct 10, 2013 10:40 pm

tyrone wrote:
Do you have to sit at red lights a lot?  I think that's what bothers me because my legs are short and it's uncomfortable.  If I could keep my weight on the pegs all day it might not be as bad.
Around town that might be true but I got it on a 70 mile pavement leg from Ouray to our trailer on our last day of our CO trip this year. Since then I have ridden the bike up to the N. GA mountains (I live on the southside of ATL) and have the same issue. Once I am off road I think I am moving around a lot and it doesn't bother me.

I have the SC kit on my KTM and Beta and they seem much more comfortable than the one on the WRR. But then again I don't rack up as much street mileage on those bikes.
Back to top Go down
AZNoob

AZNoob

PostSubject: Re: DIY stock seat foam upgrade?   DIY stock seat foam upgrade? EmptyFri Oct 11, 2013 5:22 pm

Thanks

I will look into giving the SC kit a try.

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: DIY stock seat foam upgrade?   DIY stock seat foam upgrade? Empty

Back to top Go down

DIY stock seat foam upgrade?
Page 1 of 1