Welcome to the WRR/X Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Welcome to the WRR/X Forum

A place to share your passion for the WR250R/X!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
WR250R/X Forum

Bar risers??

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
2008wr250x

Bar risers?? Empty
PostSubject: Bar risers??   Bar risers?? EmptyWed Oct 16, 2013 1:14 pm

Hi all:

Anyone had success installing the Rox 2" risers to the wr250x?
want to ad at least 1.5" of rise without any cable issues.
open to other brands as well.

thanks
Back to top Go down
offroute

Bar risers?? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bar risers??   Bar risers?? EmptyWed Oct 16, 2013 2:45 pm

2008wr250x wrote:
Hi all:

Anyone had success installing the Rox 2" risers to the wr250x?
want to ad at least 1.5" of rise without any cable issues.
open to other brands as well.

thanks
I just changed my wrr from stock to a 2 1/2" riser with Windham bend bars and although the clutch cable reaches, it is tight enough that the clutch pull has firmed up considerably. I'll probably get a custom cable as I'm also concerned about cable wear with the harsher bends...
Back to top Go down
2008wr250x

Bar risers?? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bar risers??   Bar risers?? EmptyWed Oct 16, 2013 4:28 pm

ya kind of what i though. i guess 2" would do it but it would also be tight. no issues with other cables (electricle etc)?
Back to top Go down
offroute

Bar risers?? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bar risers??   Bar risers?? EmptyWed Oct 16, 2013 7:27 pm

2008wr250x wrote:
ya kind of what i though. i guess 2" would do it but it would also be tight. no issues with other cables (electricle etc)?
had to turn the throttle upside down and release the electrical cables from a couple ties, but otherwise good. The clutch is the biggest issue. I guess Motion Pro will be getting a custom cable order from me once I figure out exactly how long to go.
Back to top Go down
Biglake

Bar risers?? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bar risers??   Bar risers?? EmptyWed Oct 16, 2013 7:51 pm

I have bike master adjustable risers with protaper kx high bars (about 1/2 an inch higher than stock but more important a 1/2 inch less pull back) the bars with risers are about 2 inches higher than stock.

I have the risers one step from full height, the wires are maxed out at this height but the cables are fine.

The bars are right where I want them now I have no need to go higher.

I like the risers as you can pick the height plus they're only 40 bucks.
If you know the exact amount of rise you want the tusk risers are cheap and easy.
Back to top Go down
2008wr250x

Bar risers?? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bar risers??   Bar risers?? EmptyThu Oct 17, 2013 9:24 am

Biglake wrote:
I have bike master adjustable risers with protaper kx high bars (about 1/2 an inch higher than stock but more important a 1/2 inch less pull back) the bars with risers are about 2 inches higher than stock.

I have the risers one step from full height, the wires are maxed out at this height but the cables are fine.

The bars are right where I want them now I have no need to go higher.

I like the risers as you can pick the height plus they're only 40 bucks.
If you know the exact amount of rise you want the tusk risers are cheap and easy.

ya cool I looked at those. what are the three sizes they provide? when you say one step from full height I assume this is around 1"?
also are the protaper kx high bars 1-1/8 or 7/8?

im going to look into the bike masters again.
tusk is for sure a good option...only thing is the highest rise they have is 30mm or 1.2". might be enough thouse I suppose.

Back to top Go down
2008wr250x

Bar risers?? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bar risers??   Bar risers?? EmptyThu Oct 17, 2013 9:30 am

offroute wrote:
2008wr250x wrote:
had to turn the throttle upside down and release the electrical cables from a couple ties, but otherwise good. The clutch is the biggest issue. I guess Motion Pro will be getting a custom cable order from me once I figure out exactly how long to go.
Ahh okay not too bad. Motion Pro has some that will fit the bike for around 20-30 bucks.

Wish I could find some simple 2" spacers like the 30mm ones from Tusk. Surprised at the cost of some of the risers actually.

Back to top Go down
Biglake

Bar risers?? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bar risers??   Bar risers?? EmptyThu Oct 17, 2013 5:49 pm

The bike master risers are 30mm at their highest I have them at 25mm, I have 7/8 bars.
I thaught The bars would be high enough on there own but they wernt so I got the risers too.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Bar risers?? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bar risers??   Bar risers?? Empty

Back to top Go down

Bar risers??
Page 1 of 1