Welcome to the WRR/X Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Welcome to the WRR/X Forum

A place to share your passion for the WR250R/X!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
WR250R/X Forum

brake light help

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
gomerwr250

brake light help Empty
PostSubject: brake light help   brake light help EmptySun Dec 29, 2013 10:04 pm

I'm looking for a light similar to this one with out spending the money on a edge light because i can brake several of these offroad compared to the edge does anyone know if this one can be made to work or were i can get one like it that does. thanks in advance.
http://www.ebay.com/itm/12V-Smoke-20LED-Motorcycle-Tail-Turn-Signal-Brake-License-Plate-Integrated-Light/271356790954?_trksid=p2045573.m2042&_trkparms=aid%3D111000%26algo%3DREC.CURRENT%26ao%3D1%26asc%3D27%26meid%3D3751966922125925845%26pid%3D100033%26prg%3D1011%26rk%3D1%26rkt%3D4%26sd%3D271356790954%26
Back to top Go down
4play

4play

brake light help Empty
PostSubject: Re: brake light help   brake light help EmptyTue Dec 31, 2013 12:14 pm

I bought a similar ebay setup for another project & it was not near bright enough to be safe. I wound up using a truck oval LED stop tail for about $14 from Lowe's and used a sheet of ABS to make the mount. ABS is very easy to work with, just a little heat to bend & very durable.
Back to top Go down
gomerwr250

brake light help Empty
PostSubject: Re: brake light help   brake light help EmptyWed Jan 01, 2014 10:31 am

thanks for the reply but after looking into the virginia law i have to have the signals at least 9" apart and I'm not thrilled with using hand signals so i guess I'm still on the hunt for a light setup i like thats i won't fell so bad if i break it
Back to top Go down
gomerwr250

brake light help Empty
PostSubject: Re: brake light help   brake light help EmptyThu Jan 16, 2014 9:38 pm

i went ahead and ordered the light not smoked but the red lens all i can do is just junk it. if it don't work lol
Back to top Go down
gomerwr250

brake light help Empty
PostSubject: Re: brake light help   brake light help EmptyFri Jan 24, 2014 3:22 pm

got the light in today well its as to be expected its made cheap but i was not expecting it to be otherwise i plan on making sure its sealed nicely to keep out water and mud i did put some power threw it and it seems bright enough i like the look of it and the concept. i plan on just using crimp on wire splicers just for tempary use to try it out i see no need to cut the harness up just yet until i pressure test it for a day or two next is for the weather to break to install it. its a balmy 9 degrees and a wind chill of -15 it may be a day or two before i put it on.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

brake light help Empty
PostSubject: Re: brake light help   brake light help Empty

Back to top Go down

brake light help
Page 1 of 1