Welcome to the WRR/X Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Welcome to the WRR/X Forum

A place to share your passion for the WR250R/X!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
WR250R/X Forum

HD Spring & revalve shock

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
sophijo

HD Spring & revalve shock Empty
PostSubject: HD Spring & revalve shock   HD Spring & revalve shock EmptyTue Dec 31, 2013 8:56 pm

I'm 235lbs and ride 50/50. No gnarly stuff, just geezer friendly. Should I install a heavier rear spring and/or have the shock revalved?
Back to top Go down
4play

4play

PostSubject: Re: HD Spring & revalve shock   HD Spring & revalve shock EmptySat Jan 04, 2014 9:28 am

The bike is definitely set up too soft for rider's of our manliness, especially the rear.
There is no doubt you would improve the capability of the bike by matching the springs & hydraulics to you weight & riding. The question becomes do you need it to be more capable? For me riding in AZ, there will always be surprises in the trail. Having some "reserve" in the suspension has saved my bacon when I had more momentum than talent more than once.

Racetech's suggested spring rates are here:

http://racetech.com/ProductSearch/1/Yamaha/WR250R/2011
Back to top Go down
sophijo

PostSubject: Link   HD Spring & revalve shock EmptySat Jan 04, 2014 12:05 pm

Thanks for the link. I found a sort o local racing shop that will do both and tune, for $300. Looks like a lot of specialized tools required for this operation (=$) ; otherwise I might tackle it just for fun!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: HD Spring & revalve shock   HD Spring & revalve shock Empty

Back to top Go down

HD Spring & revalve shock
Page 1 of 1