Welcome to the WRR/X Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Welcome to the WRR/X Forum

A place to share your passion for the WR250R/X!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
WR250R/X Forum

Olympic Mountains, Washington State

Go down 
+3
rydnseek
motokid
pg212
7 posters
AuthorMessage
pg212

pg212

Olympic Mountains, Washington State Empty
PostSubject: Olympic Mountains, Washington State   Olympic Mountains, Washington State EmptyFri Sep 04, 2009 8:10 pm

Here's some pics from a ride I did with a buddy about a week ago. We left Olympia, Wa and rode up to Lake Cushman. From there we circled the Olympic Mountains counter clockwise. We followed dirt roads for most of it from www.griptwister.com . Man, it was awesome. The route was incredible as well. Miles and miles of dirt roads into the back country. It was 751 miles from Oly roundtrip. The bike held up awesome. The only thing I plan to do is get some panniers. Oh yeah, and a new ass. Is that seat filled with concrete?

Taking off from Lake Cushman we hit our first climb up into the hills over looking the south end of the Hood Canal.

Olympic Mountains, Washington State P8200003c

This was a couple hours later, on the east side of the mountians.

Olympic Mountains, Washington State P8200008

We passed a couple nasty washouts, most of them marked pretty well.

Olympic Mountains, Washington State P8200007h

Yikes!

Olympic Mountains, Washington State 65801145330044826157477

Nothing better than a bonfire in the middle of nowhere after a full day of riding with another couple days of riding ahead.

Olympic Mountains, Washington State P8210034a

Somehow I forgot a cup. That means no coffee unless I get a cup somehow. Hey, that beercan looks like a good cup......

Olympic Mountains, Washington State P8220041

The next day was awesome. We rode up to Hurricane Ridge and found a little dirt road that dropped off the side. Ended up taking us back seven miles along the ridgeline. Unbelievable......

Olympic Mountains, Washington State P8210016

Olympic Mountains, Washington State 65801145331244856157477

Sweeeeetttt!!!:

Olympic Mountains, Washington State 65801145331164854157477

Olympic Mountains, Washington State 65801145331004850157477

Olympic Mountains, Washington State 89191145331324858157477

Chillin

Olympic Mountains, Washington State 65801145330844846157477

Eventually the road ended and turned into a backpacking trail through a wilderness area the end of the road for us.

Olympic Mountains, Washington State P8210020g

We head further west into miles of forest. Crossing over a pass we hit rain. My buddy on the BMW flips on his heated handgrips and ducks behind his windshield. I couldn't find the button for the heated handgrips, or the one for the windshield. Damn its cold when you ride wet!

Olympic Mountains, Washington State 65801145332084877157477

Eventually we found a place to camp and build a bonfire. Man a wet sleeping bag sure is cold. The beast slept next to the fire

Olympic Mountains, Washington State P8210039s

Day three we head out to the coast, check out the Hoh Rainforest and then had back up into the hills above Lake Quinalt. Followed a road back into an amazing rainforest. Flying through the woods at sunset was one of those amazing moments. I said to my friend its like what I imagine doing heroin and skiing through four foot powder must feel like (not that I've done heroin!).

Olympic Mountains, Washington State P8230060j

We come out to an incredible river valley and set up camp.

Olympic Mountains, Washington State P8220055

An awesome night of camping out under the stars other than some cougar who woke us in the middle of the night nearby. We woke to fog which burned off.

Olympic Mountains, Washington State 65801145332844896157477

Another day of riding till we hit the mother of all washouts.

Olympic Mountains, Washington State 65801145333764919157477

We backtrack and find out way up to Lake Kachess for lunch. Just enough time to vow to return and explore it (next week if all goes as planned).

Olympic Mountains, Washington State 65801145333924923157477

We head for home and get back dirty, smelly, and damn happy.

Olympic Mountains, Washington State 65801145334084927157477

Ride on!
Back to top Go down
motokid
motokid

PostSubject: Re: Olympic Mountains, Washington State   Olympic Mountains, Washington State EmptyFri Sep 04, 2009 8:45 pm

Good gawd.....I sooooooo live in the wrong part of America.

Awesome.

Airbox Door Removed - Flapper glued - AIS removed
FmF Q4
Bridgestone Battlax BT-003rs
Back to top Go down
rydnseek

rydnseek

PostSubject: Re: Olympic Mountains, Washington State   Olympic Mountains, Washington State EmptyFri Sep 04, 2009 10:12 pm

Great report!! thumb

Nice pics, too. cheers

Rain is the bane of the rider.. but it is so common, we just have to learn to live with it... kinda like mud.

Glad you guys had fun.. that narrow washout looked like it was loads of fun!!

scotty afro
Back to top Go down
YamWOW!
Admin
YamWOW!

PostSubject: Re: Olympic Mountains, Washington State   Olympic Mountains, Washington State EmptyFri Sep 04, 2009 10:14 pm

I got to check that out. bow

inspector

PostSubject: Re: Olympic Mountains, Washington State   Olympic Mountains, Washington State EmptyFri Sep 04, 2009 10:53 pm

Nice!
Back to top Go down
seattlechronic

seattlechronic

PostSubject: Re: Olympic Mountains, Washington State   Olympic Mountains, Washington State EmptyFri Sep 04, 2009 11:10 pm

Nice report...We SOOOO need to have a Washington Meet up ride and do this route!!!!

Floyd
Back to top Go down
YamWOW!
Admin
YamWOW!

PostSubject: Re: Olympic Mountains, Washington State   Olympic Mountains, Washington State EmptySun Sep 06, 2009 10:38 pm

seattlechronic wrote:
Nice report...We SOOOO need to have a Washington Meet up ride and do this route!!!!

Floyd
I agree! thumb

inspector

PostSubject: Re: Olympic Mountains, Washington State   Olympic Mountains, Washington State EmptySun Sep 06, 2009 10:43 pm

Depending on logistics, I'd likely show. I'm not down for camping off the bike, but....
Back to top Go down
craigq

craigq

PostSubject: Re: Olympic Mountains, Washington State   Olympic Mountains, Washington State EmptyMon Sep 07, 2009 9:03 am

Nice pics & ride report thumb
Picture 4 would likely have me with butterflies in my tummy and close to vomiting puke
I wish we had roads like those in Pictures 8-11 nearby... eeek
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Olympic Mountains, Washington State   Olympic Mountains, Washington State EmptyMon Sep 07, 2009 10:06 am

Looks awesome! Sweet ride spot for sure! lurk
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Olympic Mountains, Washington State   Olympic Mountains, Washington State Empty

Back to top Go down

Olympic Mountains, Washington State
Page 1 of 1