Welcome to the WRR/X Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Welcome to the WRR/X Forum

A place to share your passion for the WR250R/X!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
WR250R/X Forum

Are pre filters worth it?

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
cloudbuster

Are pre filters worth it? Empty
PostSubject: Are pre filters worth it?   Are pre filters worth it? EmptyFri Feb 07, 2014 6:54 pm

Would it even fit on the wr250x/r
anyone use them?

Outerwears Pre-Filter
https://www.yamahapartsandaccessories.com/product/details/pre-filter-by-outerwears?b=Off-Road+Motorcycle&d=20|20
Back to top Go down
Biglake

PostSubject: Re: Are pre filters worth it?   Are pre filters worth it? EmptyThu Feb 13, 2014 6:34 pm

That one doesnt fit its too big but you could probley get it to stay on there if you wanted.

I've used them on other machines, they're great on really long dusty rides, you can pull it off and clean it in seconds just shake the dust out put it back on then keep riding, this keeps your main filter from pluggng up.
Back to top Go down
cloudbuster

PostSubject: Re: Are pre filters worth it?   Are pre filters worth it? EmptyMon Feb 17, 2014 7:14 am

They do built custom covers I got the link from them as I asked if they have one for this bike.

Should I stick with the K&N filter and outerwear or use a No toil and outerwear?

It seem that No toil have a cage with a bolt would that fit?
http://notoil.com/products/super-flow-kit.html

They also have the extreme series but could not find it for the WRR.
Back to top Go down
Biglake

PostSubject: Re: Are pre filters worth it?   Are pre filters worth it? EmptyTue Feb 18, 2014 7:10 pm

Stick with a foam filter, K@Ns have let fine dust through on a bunch of people.

IMO K@Ns are fine on street bikes, cars and trucks, any thing that gets used offroad needs a oiled foam filter, they work the best in the worst conditions.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Are pre filters worth it?   Are pre filters worth it? Empty

Back to top Go down

Are pre filters worth it?
Page 1 of 1