Welcome to the WRR/X Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Welcome to the WRR/X Forum

A place to share your passion for the WR250R/X!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
WR250R/X Forum

Emgo Oil Filters Good or Bad

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
asaucier

Emgo Oil Filters Good or Bad Empty
PostSubject: Emgo Oil Filters Good or Bad   Emgo Oil Filters Good or Bad EmptySat Sep 11, 2010 7:18 pm

Hi,
I ordered some oil filters on Ebay was thinking that I was getting OME filters. The price was to good to be true. The filters arrived and they are Emgo filters. Have any of you used the filter and if so what due you think.
Back to top Go down
njbill

njbill

PostSubject: Re: Emgo Oil Filters Good or Bad   Emgo Oil Filters Good or Bad EmptyFri Sep 17, 2010 6:07 pm

I saw those filters on ebay and was wondering the same thing. The price is right. Please let me know how you make out with them. If you sieze your engine, I am going to pass. Very happy
Back to top Go down
Herkypilot

Herkypilot

PostSubject: Re: Emgo Oil Filters Good or Bad   Emgo Oil Filters Good or Bad EmptyWed Sep 29, 2010 7:19 pm

I ordered them off e-bay also. I have one in my WR-R & my WR-F. One thing it says on the box for the filter is "check and replace after 1,500 miles". I found that a little odd as you don't usually see a mileage change recommendation on an oil filter box. In any event, I've been running them with no problems.

HP
Back to top Go down
cuban11182

PostSubject: Re: Emgo Oil Filters Good or Bad   Emgo Oil Filters Good or Bad EmptyWed Sep 29, 2010 7:54 pm

Herkypilot wrote:
I ordered them off e-bay also. I have one in my WR-R & my WR-F. One thing it says on the box for the filter is "check and replace after 1,500 miles". I found that a little odd as you don't usually see a mileage change recommendation on an oil filter box. In any event, I've been running them with no problems.

HP

How many miles are you putting on them, 1500?
Back to top Go down
Herkypilot

Herkypilot

PostSubject: Re: Emgo Oil Filters Good or Bad   Emgo Oil Filters Good or Bad EmptyWed Sep 29, 2010 8:09 pm

To tell you the truth, I only just now noticed the 1,500 mile note on the box. I've put about 600 miles on my R, a lot less on the F.

HP
Back to top Go down
usgpru27

PostSubject: Re: Emgo Oil Filters Good or Bad   Emgo Oil Filters Good or Bad EmptyWed Sep 29, 2010 11:24 pm

http://www.calsci.com/motorcycleinfo/FilterStudy.html

Please see the filters for honda below the filter pictures. Worry not about the application stuff. Hands down the purolator pure one. There is a difference between the regular and the pure one. Same cost as a regular filter.. Emgo did not do so well..
Back to top Go down
cuban11182

PostSubject: Re: Emgo Oil Filters Good or Bad   Emgo Oil Filters Good or Bad EmptyThu Sep 30, 2010 5:35 am

usgpru27 wrote:
http://www.calsci.com/motorcycleinfo/FilterStudy.html

Please see the filters for honda below the filter pictures. Worry not about the application stuff. Hands down the purolator pure one. There is a difference between the regular and the pure one. Same cost as a regular filter.. Emgo did not do so well..

Unfortunately, there isn't a filter made by Purolator for the Wr250x/r (at least not from what I could find on their site).
Back to top Go down
Herkypilot

Herkypilot

PostSubject: Re: Emgo Oil Filters Good or Bad   Emgo Oil Filters Good or Bad EmptyThu Sep 30, 2010 7:39 pm

"Good alternative to OEM" is not too good?

Yep - I run PureOne filters on my cars and if were available for the WR, I'd consider it. I'm just not really interested in forking over >$10 to the dealership for an oil filter. I'll let you know if the Emgo filter fails.

I think that report is as good as how much you paid for it...although I do appreciate the post.

HP

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Emgo Oil Filters Good or Bad   Emgo Oil Filters Good or Bad Empty

Back to top Go down

Emgo Oil Filters Good or Bad
Page 1 of 1