Welcome to the WRR/X Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Welcome to the WRR/X Forum

A place to share your passion for the WR250R/X!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
WR250R/X Forum

WR250 Full exhaust make more power

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
LordMDP

WR250 Full exhaust make more power Empty
PostSubject: WR250 Full exhaust make more power   WR250 Full exhaust make more power EmptyThu Feb 27, 2014 1:53 am

Does anyone have proof putting a after market header like a FMF powerbomb actually increases HP?

Just doesnt seem like a little slow revving 250 would gain anything there

I have a FMF Q pipe and FMF "programmer" and i'm happy with the bike, i'm just thinking out loud
Back to top Go down
YZEtc

YZEtc

PostSubject: Re: WR250 Full exhaust make more power   WR250 Full exhaust make more power EmptyThu Feb 27, 2014 6:51 am

When I rode a 2008 WR-250X, I conducted an experiment:

I first installed an FMF programmer and an FMF Q4 muffler, but kept the stock header pipe.
I rode the bike long enough to feel the difference and how it ran.

I then rode home and immediately exchanged the stock header for an FMF Megabomb header - the stock header was still warm while doing this.

I hopped back on the bike and felt the difference, and that was the Megabomb gave a noticeable increase in midrange power while still allowing the bike to actually hit the same high revs as it did before.
I think that a small amount of actual torque at high revs was traded in order to get the gain in the middle revs, but since the bike would still pull up into those high revs with some force, it was masked pretty well.

All-in-all, the FMF headers (both Powerbomb and Megabomb) do give you something for your money, and I still use them to this day.
Whether or not you believe they are worth the money will ultimately be up to you.
For example, I wouldn't want to ride a WR-250R or WR-250X without a fuel programmer installed (I tried that back-to-back, too), but there are riders who claim that these are a waste of money and/or not a requirement.
Back to top Go down
dmmcd

dmmcd

PostSubject: Re: WR250 Full exhaust make more power   WR250 Full exhaust make more power EmptyThu Feb 27, 2014 9:32 am

Meh.

When I bought the bike it had Q4 with stock header. I rode it for a while. I bought a power bomb on eBay for fairly cheap. But also was playing with the programmer in the meantime, so I don't really have a solid comparison. When I bought the bike, the programmer was all screwed up and it didn't run right. The programmer definitely makes a difference when it is set correctly.

I think I notice more of a difference from changes in the weather (40 deg vs. 80 deg) than I did with the header, but it looks cool... It might have a bit more punch in the upper revs. The sound when cruising was also slightly affected, maybe a bit quieter with the power bomb.

I probably wouldn't spend the money if I did it over again. I could probably even sell it for what I paid for it, but I'm too lazy to take it off at this point.  Very happy
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: WR250 Full exhaust make more power   WR250 Full exhaust make more power Empty

Back to top Go down

WR250 Full exhaust make more power
Page 1 of 1