Welcome to the WRR/X Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Welcome to the WRR/X Forum

A place to share your passion for the WR250R/X!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
WR250R/X Forum

Seat Concepts poor customer service

Go down 
+3
rsteiger
Gath3r13
4play
7 posters
AuthorMessage
4play

4play

Seat Concepts poor customer service Empty
PostSubject: Seat Concepts poor customer service   Seat Concepts poor customer service EmptyMon Mar 10, 2014 4:08 pm

I bought a seat concepts std seat because I was in a hurry to get ready for a trip to death valley & didn't have time to send it out to Renazco or Fisher to be done. BIG mistake. Although it is better than stock when you slide back, the thing forces you up on the tank constantly & has gotten worse as the foam has broken in.

The real rub was I sent an e-mail to them asking for idea's & they told me I could buy a gripper cover. In my experience with seats a gripper cover on a slope translates to a perpetual wedgie. No thanks.
So this is MY problem  Suspect  I told the guy that I had two other riders try my bike Saturday with the same complaint, still MY problem. I posted my displeasure very honestly on ADV & he basically called me a liar..

I wasted $159 being cheap, too cheap. Now it's time to get a real seat from Fisher  baldy 
Back to top Go down
Gath3r13

Gath3r13

PostSubject: Re: Seat Concepts poor customer service   Seat Concepts poor customer service EmptyMon Mar 10, 2014 4:17 pm

I'm sorry to hear this. I'm also a bit surprised.
I've read nothing but good things about Seat Concepts.

I have one of them on my "to get" lists. hmm...
Back to top Go down
rsteiger

rsteiger

PostSubject: Re: Seat Concepts poor customer service   Seat Concepts poor customer service EmptyMon Mar 10, 2014 5:27 pm

I have been hit or miss with Seat Concepts.  Overall I am happy with their product.

I had one of their seat on my KTM 450 EXC and one on my Beta 520 RR.  Love both of the seats and can ride those bikes all day.

I put one on my WRR but I did not order the gripper cover (like I did on the KTM and the Beta) and kept jamming the boys into the tank at times.  Was thinking about just getting the gripper cover until I took the bike out for our little 2 week COBDR trip.  During that trip we did cover quite a few gravel roads and my posterior spent a good bit of time sitting.  After a bit my tail bone would begin to hurt.  Did not have this issue on the KTM or currently on the Beta but I also don't think I am sitting down as much as I do on the WRR since the type of riding I am doing is different.

One of my friends has a WRR with a Renazco seat and we swapped seat for a couple of weeks.  After that I sold the Seat Concepts seat, picked up a stock seat, and sent it to James to perform his magic.  The only issue I had was that it took awhile to get the seat back but in the end I think it was worth the wait.
Back to top Go down
danwray

danwray

PostSubject: Re: Seat Concepts poor customer service   Seat Concepts poor customer service EmptyTue Mar 11, 2014 9:19 am

I've had a seat concepts on 2 different bikes with the gripper top and couldnt be happier. maybe you should try it before you write it off. otherwise it is your problem.
Back to top Go down
4play

4play

PostSubject: Re: Seat Concepts poor customer service   Seat Concepts poor customer service EmptyTue Mar 11, 2014 9:38 am

If I wanted a gripper cover I would have ordered one when I bought the seat. The problem is the way they shaped the seat/slide. Sitting on a sticky slide wouldn't suit me either. Since posting this here & a few other sites, I have had many people with similar experiences getting rid of their slides as well.

I won't put more money in the pocket of a company with that kind of business ethic period.
Back to top Go down
N8

PostSubject: Re: Seat Concepts poor customer service   Seat Concepts poor customer service EmptyTue Mar 11, 2014 10:19 am

My only experience with SeatConcepts so far was a very good one.
Back to top Go down
danwray

danwray

PostSubject: Re: Seat Concepts poor customer service   Seat Concepts poor customer service EmptyTue Mar 11, 2014 11:28 am

what kind of business ethic is that? they presented you with a solution to your problem, but you refused to accept it and now seem intent on badmouthing a company that has a large majority of satisfied customers.
Back to top Go down
gatorfan

gatorfan

PostSubject: Re: Seat Concepts poor customer service   Seat Concepts poor customer service EmptyTue Mar 11, 2014 4:55 pm

Not sure what the OP is mad about. He bought a seat, it didn't suit him. And what - he want's his money back? It's an off the shelf seat, not a custom.

It's used now. Companies with no questions asked unlimited return policies charge more for their stuff. Everyone pays. Have yet to see an aftermarket motorcycle parts company with a policy like that.

Just sell it and put the money towards a new one. Let it go.
Back to top Go down
wristpin

PostSubject: Re: Seat Concepts poor customer service   Seat Concepts poor customer service EmptyTue Mar 11, 2014 5:32 pm

I can't say anything about the standard seat, but I have the low seat with the grippy material and it's one of the best things I have ever put on my bike. Different strokes for different folks. I've never returned a six pack of beer because I didn't like the way it tastes.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Seat Concepts poor customer service   Seat Concepts poor customer service Empty

Back to top Go down

Seat Concepts poor customer service
Page 1 of 1