Welcome to the WRR/X Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Welcome to the WRR/X Forum

A place to share your passion for the WR250R/X!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
WR250R/X Forum

Hitting the rev limiter in higher gears

Go down 
+2
YZEtc
GhostShiftZ
6 posters
AuthorMessage
GhostShiftZ

GhostShiftZ

Hitting the rev limiter in higher gears Empty
PostSubject: Hitting the rev limiter in higher gears   Hitting the rev limiter in higher gears EmptyThu Mar 27, 2014 4:58 am

My 250x will easily hit the limiter in 1st, 2nd, and maybe 3rd gear.. but I feel like no matter how long I sit at WOT in any gears higher than that it will never hit the limiter. Is this normal? Anyone else have the same thing happened on their bikes?
Back to top Go down
YZEtc

YZEtc

PostSubject: Re: Hitting the rev limiter in higher gears   Hitting the rev limiter in higher gears EmptyThu Mar 27, 2014 5:16 am

Sounds normal to me.
More so if the bike is geared to the moon.
Back to top Go down
motokid
motokid

PostSubject: Re: Hitting the rev limiter in higher gears   Hitting the rev limiter in higher gears EmptyThu Mar 27, 2014 5:34 am

What gearing you running? Any mods?
Is your intake and exhaust still choked off with stock stuff?

I can easily hit rev limiter in 4th gear without fail.

5th takes longer to get there, but I can hit that one too, and I've NEVER been able to hit it in 6th.

Airbox Door Removed - Flapper glued - AIS removed
FmF Q4
Bridgestone Battlax BT-003rs
Back to top Go down
dmmcd

dmmcd

PostSubject: Re: Hitting the rev limiter in higher gears   Hitting the rev limiter in higher gears EmptyThu Mar 27, 2014 9:23 am

I've also hit the limiter in every gear but 6th. Aerodynamic drag starts to play a huge role and sap a lot of power.
Back to top Go down
motokid
motokid

PostSubject: Re: Hitting the rev limiter in higher gears   Hitting the rev limiter in higher gears EmptyThu Mar 27, 2014 10:11 am

https://wr250rforum.forumotion.com/t2127-speed-at-rev-limiter?highlight=speed+at+rev <-- clicky

3rd and 4th gear rev limit should be easy-peasy  thumb 

FmF Q4
Back to top Go down
GhostShiftZ

GhostShiftZ

PostSubject: Re: Hitting the rev limiter in higher gears   Hitting the rev limiter in higher gears EmptyThu Mar 27, 2014 7:14 pm

The bike is geared stock as of right now. Actually pretty much everything is stock, other than the previous owner cutting out the top of the airbox and taking the baffle out of the stock exahust. I am working on getting a slip on and programmer when the oppurtunity presents itself. Ill try to hit the limiter in 4th and 5th tonight... maybe it just takes alot longer than I expected.
Back to top Go down
mollycbr123

PostSubject: Re: Hitting the rev limiter in higher gears   Hitting the rev limiter in higher gears EmptySat Mar 29, 2014 9:52 am

It is just a little 250cc after all ;)
Back to top Go down
Jäger
Admin
Jäger

PostSubject: Re: Hitting the rev limiter in higher gears   Hitting the rev limiter in higher gears EmptySat Mar 29, 2014 1:13 pm

GhostShiftZ wrote:
My 250x will easily hit the limiter in 1st, 2nd, and maybe 3rd gear.. but I feel like no matter how long I sit at WOT in any gears higher than that it will never hit the limiter... I am working on getting a slip on and programmer when the oppurtunity presents itself. Ill try to hit the limiter in 4th and 5th tonight... maybe it just takes alot longer than I expected.

I see you have the motard variant.  On the right track you should be able to go fast enough and lean far enough to scare yourself sufficiently.  However, if you want to bang off the rev limiter in all the gears, you probably chose the wrong bike.  It's a naked 250cc bike, and banging off the rev limiter in the upper gears is going to take more straight stretch than twisties, which kind of defeats the idea of a motard to begin with.

There are pipes and programmers, big bore kits, turbocharged x's, etc.  But if the bike isn't mostly what you were looking for as you got it, my feeling is you probably started with the wrong platform to begin with.  Unlike something like a 450 SMR (ignoring nearly double the displacement), the design focus of the X is very, very different, and it has a lot of features and aspects weighing it down and slowing it down that something like the KTM supermotos do not.  As the saying goes, it is what it is.
Back to top Go down
motokid
motokid

PostSubject: Re: Hitting the rev limiter in higher gears   Hitting the rev limiter in higher gears EmptySat Mar 29, 2014 4:09 pm

Hitting the rev limiter in 3rd and 4th gears is, and should be easy-peasy on a 250x and does not require mile long straights or deserted airport runways.

This bike will sprint up to 70 mph without issue any day of the week.

6th gear - probably never

5th gear - takes longer stretches of road....but possible.

1st, 2nd, 3rd, and 4th - should be no problem at all.

FmF Q4
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Hitting the rev limiter in higher gears   Hitting the rev limiter in higher gears Empty

Back to top Go down

Hitting the rev limiter in higher gears
Page 1 of 1