Welcome to the WRR/X Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Welcome to the WRR/X Forum

A place to share your passion for the WR250R/X!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
WR250R/X Forum

Four days of Moab, UT, on the WR250X

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
duelist13

Four days of Moab, UT, on the WR250X Empty
PostSubject: Four days of Moab, UT, on the WR250X   Four days of Moab, UT, on the WR250X EmptySat Apr 05, 2014 2:26 pm

Hey guys,

We did four dusty days of Moab, three nights of camping, and around 300-400 miles of trails and jeep roads.

The bikes in the video are a '01 KTM 640, and a new CRF250L.  I want to thank Moab Powersports for helping us get some new rubber on the bikes within 30 minutes of arrival..  

I hope everyone else is enjoying their WR as much as I am-- I don't ever want to sell the little guy!

Enjoy!

https://vimeo.com/90490801#at=0
Back to top Go down
Hog86r

PostSubject: Re: Four days of Moab, UT, on the WR250X   Four days of Moab, UT, on the WR250X EmptySun Apr 06, 2014 3:58 pm

Too cool.
How do you think the Honda compared to the WR?
Our gang is going ATVing at Marysvale UT in September.
I'm thinking I'll take the WR along as well.
Thanks for sharing.
Back to top Go down
duelist13

PostSubject: Re: Four days of Moab, UT, on the WR250X   Four days of Moab, UT, on the WR250X EmptySun Apr 06, 2014 4:22 pm

Hey Hog, thanks :).

The Honda was apparently quite a bit less peppy than the WR from my friend who rode both. He said the WR felt like the better bike on all counts (including suspension, which surprised me, because my forks and shocks are really in need of service). The CRF did seem a little anemic from what I could tell, but it also looked a little smaller, and it was described as a "mini bike" by the other two riders. I didn't want to deal with the rental repair fees, so I didn't have a chance to ride the CRF (I tend to tip over a lot in slow tough sections: I'm only 5'6").

I'd highly recommend taking the WR-- the trails are fun and you're always looking for a good line or a small wheelie. There are plenty of opportunities to take berms and small jumps (if you so desire). The ATVs may be just as fun but the good line can be very narrow :). I'd highly recommending doing the La Sal/Onion Creek loop, as well as White Rim Trail (clockwise, starting from Shafer trail). Let me know if you want my tracks (they have free campsites marked), I'd be happy to share good spots and approximate time/difficulties of each route.

Take a camera, and prepare to be blown away!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Four days of Moab, UT, on the WR250X   Four days of Moab, UT, on the WR250X Empty

Back to top Go down

Four days of Moab, UT, on the WR250X
Page 1 of 1