Welcome to the WRR/X Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Welcome to the WRR/X Forum

A place to share your passion for the WR250R/X!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
WR250R/X Forum

what front tire to use w/ MT 43 rear

Go down 
+2
4play
SS1985
6 posters
AuthorMessage
SS1985

what front tire to use w/ MT 43 rear Empty
PostSubject: what front tire to use w/ MT 43 rear   what front tire to use w/ MT 43 rear EmptyMon Apr 07, 2014 12:46 pm

I'm considering jumping on the trials tire bandwagon but I wanted to check in with you guys to get a little advice. I'm fairly new to the motorcycle world, so pardon my clueless-ness. I do a little bit of everything on my WR; from afternoon technical singletrack endeavors with my full-on dirt bike friends to multi-day exploration trips that involve loading up my camping gear and riding about a 40/50/10 combo of highway miles/dirt roads/singletrack. I know asking for one tire that "does it all" is like searching for a unicorn...but considering my riding type, any ideas what would be best?

I am currently running a Dunlop D606 on the front and a Michelin T63 on the rear (and they are totally roached). I have seen dirt bike guys running the Pirelli MT 43 on the rear along with a traditional knobby on the front on the trails around here and they look pretty cool. Seems like it would be relatively smooth on the pavement while still hooking up on the trail (with lowered pressure). Is that the case? If I was to go for one of those in the rear what would you recommend in the front? Should I try the same MT 43 front version with it, or stick with something like the D606?

Thanks a ton for your help. Happy riding!
Back to top Go down
4play

4play

PostSubject: Re: what front tire to use w/ MT 43 rear   what front tire to use w/ MT 43 rear EmptyMon Apr 07, 2014 2:59 pm

If you do not have to be DOT I have run both the Bridgestone M59 & the Dunlop MX71 with the MT43 rear here in AZ with good results
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: what front tire to use w/ MT 43 rear   what front tire to use w/ MT 43 rear EmptyMon Apr 07, 2014 3:16 pm

I run the MT43 both front and rear. 6-12psi with rim locks for trails, 20-25psi for street, and maybe 15psi for dual sport. The front isn't super accurate but it sticks very well on all surfaces except mud and sand..

Back to top Go down
Biglake

PostSubject: Re: what front tire to use w/ MT 43 rear   what front tire to use w/ MT 43 rear EmptyMon Apr 07, 2014 8:05 pm

I like the kenda washougal on the front, its dot, it works good every wheres off road and not bad on the road either.

It looks just like the bridgestone m59 which is a favorite front tire for a lot of offroad racers.

It wont last too long on the road tho, if thats improtant to you get the pirelli scorpion rally or some thing else like it.
Back to top Go down
saddletramp

PostSubject: Re: what front tire to use w/ MT 43 rear   what front tire to use w/ MT 43 rear EmptyMon Apr 07, 2014 8:47 pm

Michelin T-63
Back to top Go down
miniceptor86

PostSubject: Re: what front tire to use w/ MT 43 rear   what front tire to use w/ MT 43 rear EmptyTue Apr 08, 2014 8:01 am

I just mounted a MT43 on the front was using a scorpion pro (which is a DOT). So far I like the MT43 on the front but haven't been in the mud or sand yet. It is better on the pavement and grave roads I have travelled so far. Running 10psi front and 6 rear with Tubliss.
Back to top Go down
TKO

TKO

PostSubject: Re: what front tire to use w/ MT 43 rear   what front tire to use w/ MT 43 rear EmptyTue Apr 08, 2014 10:37 am

MT-21 upfront with MT-43 in rear.  thumb 
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: what front tire to use w/ MT 43 rear   what front tire to use w/ MT 43 rear Empty

Back to top Go down

what front tire to use w/ MT 43 rear
Page 1 of 1