Welcome to the WRR/X Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Welcome to the WRR/X Forum

A place to share your passion for the WR250R/X!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
WR250R/X Forum

Eastern Beaver bought a WR250R

Go down 
+5
250riders
TKO
sturgeon
xaman
Eastern Beaver
9 posters
AuthorMessage
Eastern Beaver

Eastern Beaver

Eastern Beaver bought a WR250R Empty
PostSubject: Eastern Beaver bought a WR250R   Eastern Beaver bought a WR250R EmptySun Apr 20, 2014 11:03 pm

Hi guys and gals, some of you might know me from easternbeaver.com. I make and sell motorcycle electric stuff. I live in Japan, in the countryside of lower Nagano so a little trail bike is going to be fun!

My bike I think is a 2012 and only has 1100 kms on it so it's basically brand new. However, it seems the ExUp servo wires have been removed from it already. I would like to put these back in place so if anyone is willing to ship me a set I'd not only appreciate it but I'll send you my new WR250 3 Circuit Solution. This Kit will give you three fused circuit for powering sockets, GPS, etc.

So yes, now that I have this bike I'm going to be scrutinizing it and making up some custom kits that will fit this bike perfectly. I'd appreciate any feedback about what you'd like to see me make for the bike.

I've been doing some research here already and it seems everybody has remove their servo and putting a resistor in place. Well I might end up doing that but I'd like to evaluate the stock setup first. I'm a real believer in NOT putting on louder mufflers etc and I believe Yamaha knows a thing or two about what is needed on their bikes. I like to putt through the wilderness without scaring animals and generally ride anywhere without annoying anyone. If you see locked gates and signs saying 'no bikes', well it might have something to do with their annoying noise.

I have no desire to try and squeeze out a few more HP with expensive headers, loud mufflers, or Power Commander boxes thank you. I also have no desire to debate or argue any issues about your modifications. I understand the 'need' to farkle and mod bikes.

I have only ridden around the block so far, need a plate coming tomorrow, but I am very satisfied with the power and handling. A big reason why I bought a 250 is because of mandatory government inspection (shaken) every two years. The 250 and smaller bikes are exempt from this, so that's a big plus to this little bike. It's not so easy getting this shaken way out in the country, and it's expensive as well as a big hassle.

So far my mod plans include a lower engine guard, hand guards, and that's about it.

Of course I'll be putting in headlight relays, and a new Kit for this bike will be soon available. I'm digging into the bike's wiring every day and finalizing custom Kits. I have identified the rear part of the wiring and I can tell you that I sell all the electrical connectors you might need for the bike.

I welcome any questions you might have about Japan or riding in Japan. I'm a Canadian from Toronto so I grew up with nothing but straight roads. I love the mountains and twisty roads of Japan!

Last edited by Eastern Beaver on Sun Apr 20, 2014 11:07 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : added a pic :-) - I think...)
Back to top Go down
xaman

PostSubject: Re: Eastern Beaver bought a WR250R   Eastern Beaver bought a WR250R EmptySun Apr 20, 2014 11:17 pm

Welcome  cheers 

I think you'll live this little bike. I'm looking forward to seeing what you come up with for specialized electrical needs. I've got a 3circuit solution already installed, great stuff you make! (It's a tight fit around the battery box with the exup and servo gadgets, but totally doable).

Give us some ride reports and impressions when you get a few miles on her...
Back to top Go down
Eastern Beaver

Eastern Beaver

PostSubject: Re: Eastern Beaver bought a WR250R   Eastern Beaver bought a WR250R EmptySun Apr 20, 2014 11:21 pm

Ok put some pics of the bike online, here she is:

Eastern Beaver bought a WR250R Wr-frontleft

Eastern Beaver bought a WR250R Wr-back-top
Back to top Go down
Eastern Beaver

Eastern Beaver

PostSubject: Re: Eastern Beaver bought a WR250R   Eastern Beaver bought a WR250R EmptySun Apr 20, 2014 11:23 pm

I was thinking where the servo used to be, a 3CS relay and fusebox could live. Seems most people have removed the servo. If not, might think about putting one up from with the wiring front left. Haven't cracked that cover yet so can't tell if it would fit. Thoughts are welcome.

Back to top Go down
sturgeon

sturgeon

PostSubject: Re: Eastern Beaver bought a WR250R   Eastern Beaver bought a WR250R EmptyMon Apr 21, 2014 8:27 am

I've had a 3CS on mine almost since I bought it a couple of years ago. I managed to fit it in under the seat, without removing anything. Other than the seat  wink 

And an aside to anyone other than Jim reading this who might not be familiar: Eastern Beaver makes really nice stuff and the customer service is beyond exemplary. I've ordered numerous things from him, and it always amazes me how quickly it arrives here (in Canada), usually in much less time than things take to come from just across the border in the US. I'm not entirely sure how that happens, but it does. I've also got a 3CS on my F800GS, had one on a V-Strom, and am about to order one for a Guzzi that's arriving Saturday. I'm a very happy customer.
Back to top Go down
TKO

TKO

PostSubject: Re: Eastern Beaver bought a WR250R   Eastern Beaver bought a WR250R EmptyMon Apr 21, 2014 8:33 pm

[quote="Eastern Beaver"]
My bike I think is a 2012 and only has 1100 kms on it so it's basically brand new. However, it seems the ExUp servo wires have been removed from it already. I would like to put these back in place so if anyone is willing to ship me a set I'd not only appreciate it but I'll send you my new WR250 3 Circuit Solution. This Kit will give you three fused circuit for powering sockets, GPS, etc.

/quote]

If all you need is the ExUp servo cables, I am in for the trade.  Shoot me a PM with your shipping information and a couple of "clues" as to how to ship the cables to Japan and I will get them out to you the first part of next week . . . would be quicker, but I am going camping and won't be able to send things out until I get back from the great outdoors.
Back to top Go down
Eastern Beaver

Eastern Beaver

PostSubject: Re: Eastern Beaver bought a WR250R   Eastern Beaver bought a WR250R EmptyTue Apr 22, 2014 4:32 am

If all you need is the ExUp servo cables, I am in for the trade.  Shoot me a PM with your shipping information and a couple of "clues" as to how to ship the cables to Japan and I will get them out to you the first part of next week . . . would be quicker, but I am going camping and won't be able to send things out until I get back from the great outdoors.[/quote]
[/quote]

Heh heh, sorry I decided I don't need the cables, have ordered an ExUp eiminator from 12 Oclock Labs. When it comes I'll remove the servo motor. So thank you very much for the offer anyway!

Have a great camping trip.

Might as well say it here - got the plate on the beast today and went for my first ride. Also my first time riding in 2 1/2 years so I had a great time! Didn't go that far but far enough to realize that indeed this is the best little bike in the world and I love the heck out of it already. Was surprised at the power of the little bugger. Handling on pavement was superb, did some farm roads too but tomorrow I plan on heading up some little mountain paths etc and having a real ride.

I am very glad I bought this bike and I'm back into riding.

Back to top Go down
250riders

250riders

PostSubject: Re: Eastern Beaver bought a WR250R   Eastern Beaver bought a WR250R EmptyThu Apr 24, 2014 12:15 am

Hey EB!

Nice you have a WR now! I had the 3CS on my WR250X but have now moved it to my 14 V Strom. Great stuff that you sell.

Keep up the posts!

Jon
Back to top Go down
nozzle

PostSubject: How about that...   Eastern Beaver bought a WR250R EmptySat May 03, 2014 6:33 pm

Jim:

Welcome to the WR community... As I started digging into installing my 3 circuit on my WR this afternoon I thought I'd search to see where people have tapped into the WR for the relay/ignition power and my Eastern Beaver Google search brings me happy news that you've got a WR now.  I have your stuff on my VFR as well.  I have found the stock exhaust works great enough on mine... you'll likely want to look at how yours is geared if you are trailing her.  Ideas:

Many of us have Highway Dirt Bike (HDB) stuff.  Their Top Clamps have holes for farkle switches, as well as attachments for other electrical stuff that would benefit from a solution such as what you've been cooking up for years.

Looking forward to following along. I'd be interested to subscribe to your build thread if you PM me a pointer.

- Paul
Back to top Go down
Eastern Beaver

Eastern Beaver

PostSubject: Re: Eastern Beaver bought a WR250R   Eastern Beaver bought a WR250R EmptyFri May 09, 2014 8:46 pm

nozzle wrote:
Jim:

Welcome to the WR community... As I started digging into installing my 3 circuit on my WR this afternoon I thought I'd search to see where people have tapped into the WR for the relay/ignition power and my Eastern Beaver Google search brings me happy news that you've got a WR now.  I have your stuff on my VFR as well.  I have found the stock exhaust works great enough on mine... you'll likely want to look at how yours is geared if you are trailing her.  Ideas:

Many of us have Highway Dirt Bike (HDB) stuff.  Their Top Clamps have holes for farkle switches, as well as attachments for other electrical stuff that would benefit from a solution such as what you've been cooking up for years.

Looking forward to following along.  I'd be interested to subscribe to your build thread if you PM me a pointer.

- Paul

Paul, for switched power use the licence plate light hot wire. This is the yellow connector under seat on left side. A small PosiTap is all you need. Avoid the other types of taps.

Back to top Go down
nozzle

PostSubject: Re: Eastern Beaver bought a WR250R   Eastern Beaver bought a WR250R EmptyFri May 09, 2014 9:31 pm

All good to go. Thanks.
Back to top Go down
BigPigRider

PostSubject: Re: Eastern Beaver bought a WR250R   Eastern Beaver bought a WR250R EmptySat Oct 04, 2014 10:10 pm

Just saw this...welcome to the club...and nice color scheme!

I also have the HDB guards and top clamp, which another poster mentioned. Actually just about to finalize the install of two power outlets on the top clamp and heated gear lead under the seat.

I still have to get around to the emulator...still in my tool box.

Enjoy the bike! It's a wheelie machine...bigger back sprocket is the best bang for buck power increase. I'm running a 47 now...Also have a 49 I might try out next...

J
Back to top Go down
DWK

PostSubject: Re: Eastern Beaver bought a WR250R   Eastern Beaver bought a WR250R EmptySat Oct 04, 2014 10:51 pm

Welcome!

The two things that have helped my WR most on trails are lower gearing (mentioned above) and a Tubliss Dunlop 606 rear tire setup that permits me to run really low pressure and get much better traction off road. I've made it up a couple steep, loose, rocky hills that I couldn't climb in stock form.

Have fun,

Dave
Back to top Go down
BigPigRider

PostSubject: Re: Eastern Beaver bought a WR250R   Eastern Beaver bought a WR250R EmptyMon Oct 06, 2014 8:22 am

DWK wrote:
Welcome!

The two things that have helped my WR most on trails are lower gearing (mentioned above) and a Tubliss Dunlop 606 rear tire setup that permits me to run really low pressure and get much better traction off road.  I've made it up a couple steep, loose, rocky hills that I couldn't climb in stock form.

Have fun,

Dave

Agreed on this...went with Tubliss front and rear. Much better traction due to lower pressures, and easier fix for flats...thought I've not had that misfortune yet.
Back to top Go down
beer goggle

beer goggle

PostSubject: Re: Eastern Beaver bought a WR250R   Eastern Beaver bought a WR250R EmptyThu Oct 16, 2014 3:26 pm

Hi EB,

Welcome to the forum, I'm pretty new here myself!

I bought a PC 8 for my R1150GS here in Istanbul, still lovin' it!

Cheers
BG
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Eastern Beaver bought a WR250R   Eastern Beaver bought a WR250R EmptyThu Nov 06, 2014 9:58 am

Eastern Beaver wrote:
Ok put some pics of the bike online, here she is:

Eastern Beaver bought a WR250R Wr-frontleft

Eastern Beaver bought a WR250R Wr-back-top

Those are some cool side panels. They cover up the tool kit. Is that a JDM thing?
Cheers.

Gary
(A new WR owner myself from Toronto)
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Eastern Beaver bought a WR250R   Eastern Beaver bought a WR250R Empty

Back to top Go down

Eastern Beaver bought a WR250R
Page 1 of 1