Welcome to the WRR/X Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Welcome to the WRR/X Forum

A place to share your passion for the WR250R/X!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
WR250R/X Forum

GPS - Garmin 60CSx scored!

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
bash3r

bash3r

GPS - Garmin 60CSx scored! Empty
PostSubject: GPS - Garmin 60CSx scored!   GPS - Garmin 60CSx scored! EmptySun Sep 13, 2009 7:11 pm

just picked up a Garmin 60CSx for $223 on eBay! Woot!! Got a RAM mount for it already.

I've heard this is a great trail GPS and I will definitely need help wiring this up to my battery.
Back to top Go down
mwakey

mwakey

PostSubject: Re: GPS - Garmin 60CSx scored!   GPS - Garmin 60CSx scored! EmptySun Sep 13, 2009 9:26 pm

bash3r wrote:
... and I will definitely need help wiring this up to my battery.

Check out this thread for ideas....

https://wr250rforum.forumotion.com/oh-those-sweet-mods-f5/total-noob-wiring-cig-lighter-t804.htm
Back to top Go down
bash3r

bash3r

PostSubject: Re: GPS - Garmin 60CSx scored!   GPS - Garmin 60CSx scored! EmptySun Sep 13, 2009 9:52 pm

Thanks! I just bookmarked it! I gotta get some maps to upload on this thing too...!
Back to top Go down
skierd

PostSubject: Re: GPS - Garmin 60CSx scored!   GPS - Garmin 60CSx scored! EmptyMon Sep 14, 2009 12:54 am

Touratech I think makes a dead simple GPS wiring kit for like $20, thats what I used for my 2720. Run wires from bars following the stock harness, attach and connect ring terminals, tuck fuse holder up by the airbox, done.
Back to top Go down
bash3r

bash3r

PostSubject: Re: GPS - Garmin 60CSx scored!   GPS - Garmin 60CSx scored! EmptyMon Sep 14, 2009 1:02 am

thanks man! I'll look right on their site for one, headed there now...

I got a good deal but not near as good as you sniped off ebay, skierd GPS - Garmin 60CSx scored! 379944
Back to top Go down
antipode

antipode

PostSubject: Re: GPS - Garmin 60CSx scored!   GPS - Garmin 60CSx scored! EmptyMon Sep 28, 2009 5:39 am

Bash3r, did you find the wiring kit?
I've had a 60CSx for over two years and I love it.
What's new is the WR250R and I am looking for a wiring kit myself.
Back to top Go down
bash3r

bash3r

PostSubject: Re: GPS - Garmin 60CSx scored!   GPS - Garmin 60CSx scored! EmptyMon Sep 28, 2009 9:13 am

Yea here's one that will connect it straight to the battery, I don't have this but skierd sent me the link. Or you could custom wire it with other accessories with the Beaver 3circuit jobber, this one is plug n play though.

http://www.cycoactive.com/gps/tt60.html
Back to top Go down
router.exe

router.exe

PostSubject: Re: GPS - Garmin 60CSx scored!   GPS - Garmin 60CSx scored! EmptyWed Sep 30, 2009 8:09 pm

if you're semi-tech savvy there's some free maps you can load. http://garmin.na1400.info/routable.php

just follow the directions. for the most part i like these better than the garmin maps. still questing for open source topo maps though.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: GPS - Garmin 60CSx scored!   GPS - Garmin 60CSx scored! Empty

Back to top Go down

GPS - Garmin 60CSx scored!
Page 1 of 1