Welcome to the WRR/X Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Welcome to the WRR/X Forum

A place to share your passion for the WR250R/X!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
WR250R/X Forum

Garmin 60cx not mac capitable?

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
yaw

Garmin 60cx not mac capitable? Empty
PostSubject: Garmin 60cx not mac capitable?   Garmin 60cx not mac capitable? EmptySun May 08, 2011 2:00 am

I just bought a Garmin 60cx. I was going to load Trip and Waypoint manager when I read on the back of the CD that it is not mac/apple capatible. Is this correct? Is there an alternative? Argh.
Back to top Go down
joenuclear

joenuclear

PostSubject: Re: Garmin 60cx not mac capitable?   Garmin 60cx not mac capitable? EmptySun May 08, 2011 9:57 am

Whats a mac?

Yes, there is a work around. Try searching here,
http://www.advrider.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=37
Back to top Go down
SheWolf
Alpha Rider
SheWolf

PostSubject: Re: Garmin 60cx not mac capitable?   Garmin 60cx not mac capitable? EmptySun May 08, 2011 11:11 am

poser2 It's red, shiny, and incredibly crunchy when you bite into it. You might need a towel to wipe up after. thumb

PostSubject: garmin supporting mac   Garmin 60cx not mac capitable? EmptySun May 08, 2011 10:15 pm

Well, looks like Garmin is sort of supporting mac. Basecamp etc. Sounds like it sort of works. baldy
Back to top Go down
SheWolf
Alpha Rider
SheWolf

PostSubject: Re: Garmin 60cx not mac capitable?   Garmin 60cx not mac capitable? EmptySun May 08, 2011 10:18 pm

Sorry about that. I've got the same unit you do but I run a PC. dunno

Admin
Jäger

PostSubject: Re: Garmin 60cx not mac capitable?   Garmin 60cx not mac capitable? EmptyMon May 09, 2011 3:28 am

yaw wrote:
I just bought a Garmin 60cx. I was going to load Trip and Waypoint manager when I read on the back of the CD that it is not mac/apple capatible. Is this correct? Is there an alternative? Argh.
Yeah, run a virtual PC inside your fabulous Mac. Seriously, that's what most people do.

Trip and Waypoint manager is PC only. What do you expect Trip and Waypoint manager to do for you that MapSource will not?
Mac System Requirements: Any Intel-based Mac or PowerPC G3, G4 or later Mac, 512 MB RAM, OS X 10.4 or later, 10GB free disk space, DVD drive, USB port, USB cable, DVD drive, 1024 x 768 display.

I have got piles and piles of GPS data from assorted Garmins, and I have yet to use any Garmin product other than MapSource. Well... and POI Loader. Basecamp still has some serious problems and does not play well with non-3D data.

I don't think Trip and Waypoint manager will do anything that having multiple instances of Mapsource open won't do just as well, and possibly just as fast.

And they do have POI Loader for Macs, which does stuff Trip and Waypoint Manager won't
http://www8.garmin.com/support/agree.jsp?id=3697

I'd be more worried about all the useful 3d party stuff that isn't in Mac format, like DNR Garmin

Back to top Go down
t-factor

t-factor

PostSubject: Re: Garmin 60cx not mac capitable?   Garmin 60cx not mac capitable? EmptyFri Jul 29, 2011 9:54 pm

Not sure if this helps, but I've had good success using GPS Babel, a third-party app, to upload/download waypoints and tracks to my GPSMap 60. It works on the mac, and also converts between various formats (kml / garmin / gpx / etc). Check it out at www . gpsbabel . org

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Garmin 60cx not mac capitable?   Garmin 60cx not mac capitable? Empty

Back to top Go down

Garmin 60cx not mac capitable?
Page 1 of 1