Welcome to the WRR/X Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Welcome to the WRR/X Forum

A place to share your passion for the WR250R/X!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
WR250R/X Forum

Change tube with tire?

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Uhriginal

Change tube with tire? Empty
PostSubject: Change tube with tire?   Change tube with tire? EmptyFri Jul 04, 2014 11:39 am

I'm changing my rear tire due to just normal wear and tear, no punctures. Do I need to change the tube too or can I just use the old one?
Back to top Go down
bassandgrass

PostSubject: Re: Change tube with tire?   Change tube with tire? EmptyFri Jul 04, 2014 11:50 am

It can certainly be reused. That being said, I replaced the tube and kept the older one as a backup.
Back to top Go down
Biglake

PostSubject: Re: Change tube with tire?   Change tube with tire? EmptyFri Jul 04, 2014 12:13 pm

I always keep a spare in the garage and run the tubes untill they get a hole in them or look like they are chafeing and wearing thin, this takes quite a few tires and miles.
Back to top Go down
Uhriginal

PostSubject: Re: Change tube with tire?   Change tube with tire? EmptyFri Jul 04, 2014 1:27 pm

Thank you for the tips bassandgrass and biglake!
Back to top Go down
JimTid

PostSubject: Re: Change tube with tire?   Change tube with tire? EmptyFri Dec 18, 2020 10:31 am

Uhriginal wrote:
Thank you for the tips bassandgrass and biglake!
I usually change the tube if the valve stem shows rust.  I have seen tubes split at the seams, valve stems coming loose from the tube and the most common failure being pinch flats caused by low inflation.
Back to top Go down
Dmonkfunk

Dmonkfunk

PostSubject: Re: Change tube with tire?   Change tube with tire? EmptyThu Mar 18, 2021 10:32 pm

What size do you use front and back?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Change tube with tire?   Change tube with tire? Empty

Back to top Go down

Change tube with tire?
Page 1 of 1