Welcome to the WRR/X Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Welcome to the WRR/X Forum

A place to share your passion for the WR250R/X!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
WR250R/X Forum

reflective rim tape

Go down 
AuthorMessage
424LIFE

424LIFE

reflective rim tape Empty
PostSubject: reflective rim tape   reflective rim tape EmptyWed Jul 23, 2014 2:28 pm

Just got this rim tape from CustomTaylor33 on Amazon. Figured I would give you all the low down on them so you are more informed than I was. The packs ON AMAZON are for 17 inch rims, he has 21/18 and other rim size packs on his ebay site.They come as a bunch of C shaped stickers on paper. Make sure to slightly overlap the tape strips. up close they look like crap, from about 5 feet away they look decent, from more than 10-15 feet they look great. when bright lights hit them they do pop really well, not as good as a camera flash but they do get your attention. the cars with the new led lighting however will light them up like the camera flash does. This is just reflective tape, it does not light up or have any wiring.

reflective rim tape <a href=reflective rim tape 10471410" />

in the day time photo I have rim tape on both rims you just don't really see it at certain angles. Sorry I forgot to get a close up picture, I will try to add one later.

reflective rim tape <a href=reflective rim tape 10457810" />

nighttime picture was taken using a flash, regular lights do not produce such a glowing result. i will try to get a couple more photos in different lighting conditions soon.

BIGGEST TIP I LEARNED ON THIS PROJECT:
ALWAYS DO THE KICKSTAND SIDE OF THE BIKE FIRST, CAUSE IF YOU SCREW IT UP NOBODY WILL SEE IT, AS THAT SIDE LEANS DOWN. THE RIGHT SIDE MUST BE PERFECT.

Last edited by 424LIFE on Wed Jul 23, 2014 2:33 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down

reflective rim tape
Page 1 of 1