Welcome to the WRR/X Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Welcome to the WRR/X Forum

A place to share your passion for the WR250R/X!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
WR250R/X Forum

WRR wheels on WRX

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
fijiman

WRR wheels on WRX Empty
PostSubject: WRR wheels on WRX   WRR wheels on WRX EmptySun Aug 31, 2014 1:22 am

Hey All, I want to put some WRR wheels on the WRX for more ease for off road adventures.
I know lot of you folks put WRAP wheels, I am not sure of their cost. How much shall one expect to pay for stock OEM WRR wheels?

Also, I want to keep my front brakes from the WRX, so does the bigger rotor from the WRX a direct bolt on the WRR front wheel??

Will appreciate the input!

Thanks!
Back to top Go down
Evol

Evol

WRR wheels on WRX Empty
PostSubject: Re: WRR wheels on WRX   WRR wheels on WRX EmptySun Aug 31, 2014 8:35 am

I'm in the same boat as you.

I'd like to expand on your front rotor question by asking if the larger WRX rotor will have any clearance issues with the WRR wheels (caliper / spokes) ???
Back to top Go down
YZEtc

YZEtc

WRR wheels on WRX Empty
PostSubject: Re: WRR wheels on WRX   WRR wheels on WRX EmptySun Aug 31, 2014 8:47 am

The WR-250X front brake rotor will not fit the WR-250R front hub because the two bikes use a different wheel hub on the front.
Back to top Go down
fijiman

WRR wheels on WRX Empty
PostSubject: Re: WRR wheels on WRX   WRR wheels on WRX EmptyMon Sep 01, 2014 12:48 pm

So to change to the WR250R wheels, you have to also give up on the powerful breaking of the wr250x? Meaning put the WR250r calipers on the x as well?
Back to top Go down
Evol

Evol

WRR wheels on WRX Empty
PostSubject: Re: WRR wheels on WRX   WRR wheels on WRX EmptyMon Sep 01, 2014 12:50 pm

Just the caliper adapter.

I was thinking more of the Warp9 route....R sized wheels with an X sized front rotor.
Back to top Go down
fijiman

WRR wheels on WRX Empty
PostSubject: Re: WRR wheels on WRX   WRR wheels on WRX EmptyMon Sep 01, 2014 1:54 pm

Evol wrote:
Just the caliper adapter.

I was thinking more of the Warp9 route....R sized wheels with an X sized front rotor.

Hummm, OK, You have the link to someone that has done this and any reviews on it?
Back to top Go down
Womble

WRR wheels on WRX Empty
PostSubject: Re: WRR wheels on WRX   WRR wheels on WRX EmptyFri Nov 07, 2014 7:52 am

Hi I got here through Google Search - hope you don't mind.

Has either Evol or Fijiman succeeded with the mod ?

I'm in the market for a WR250X for my son and me. He will be the main rider - at least for now, probably mostly street use and I want to take it occasionally to the dirt. So my idea was to get dirt wheels for the occasion.

I checked the Warp9 wheel offer. What are the other necessary modifications ? I'm not clear about the caliper adapter post. Also what sprocket size you suggest ?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

WRR wheels on WRX Empty
PostSubject: Re: WRR wheels on WRX   WRR wheels on WRX Empty

Back to top Go down

WRR wheels on WRX
Page 1 of 1