Welcome to the WRR/X Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Welcome to the WRR/X Forum

A place to share your passion for the WR250R/X!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
WR250R/X Forum

WR450R?

Go down 
+14
GunMetal87
Cutthroat Bill
speersie
Ozgur83
rsteiger
mudmojo
Evol
GusinCA
johncr250
MjrD
DWK
DPete
hjorth73
YZEtc
18 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3
AuthorMessage
rsteiger

rsteiger

WR450R? - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: WR450R?   WR450R? - Page 3 EmptySun Oct 19, 2014 7:43 pm

well at least I am glad I won't have to make a decision this year or maybe next.

Just got my suspension back from Travis and the bike rides great. Wish it had a few more ponies but for what I do with it what it has will do for now. Who knows I may do the Thumper Racing thing in the future but for now I am happy.
Back to top Go down
2006kj

WR450R? - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: WR450R?   WR450R? - Page 3 EmptyMon Oct 20, 2014 8:03 pm

like everyone i'd like to see a wr450r... however the $8500-$9000 price tag would push it into the KTM 500 EXC category.  the KTM's service intervals are not bad.  it's not a wr250x/r but it's not bad at all for that performance.  The 500 EXC is lighter then the wr250x/r and has more then twice the HP.  Incredible machine that has won almost every award and is 50 state street legal.

come on yamaha.  get your act together!  There's a left over 2014 KTM 500 EXC at a local dealer for $8500. it's ALL I CAN DO not to buy it and sell my wr250x.  the only real reason i haven't is the lack of passenger pegs on the KTM as i occasionally take a passenger on a short ride. plus just got a good deal on some 18/21 wheel and tire set. most of my riding is gravel/dirt/offroad and the KTM would be a BLAST.... or a wr450r.
Back to top Go down
GusinCA

GusinCA

WR450R? - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: WR450R?   WR450R? - Page 3 EmptyMon Oct 20, 2014 8:30 pm

KTM's are like a Jaguar compared to the WR250R being a Honda Civic. Sure the Jaguar is faster and sexier, but the Honda needs service once every decade for about $10 and will never break down. Ever.

I could tell you a hundred horror stories about KTM's, and I'll never buy one.

But I agree, c'mon Yammie, build a more powerful dual sport!

YAMAHA RULES!!! wings
Back to top Go down
DWK

WR450R? - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: WR450R?   WR450R? - Page 3 EmptyThu Oct 23, 2014 11:25 pm

From the guys I know, results with the 500EXC have been a lot better than older Katooms. I spent about an hour at the KTM dealer today discussing pricing points on a 500EXC because those slowpokes at Yamaha won't build a decent competitor. If I buy a 500EXC, I'm still keeping the WR. A bit heavy and underpowered, but there's a LOT to like about it.

Dave
Back to top Go down
BluePill

BluePill

WR450R? - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: WR450R?   WR450R? - Page 3 EmptyFri Nov 28, 2014 10:44 pm

Well, the 2015 WR250F *might* be the R2 upgrade that I have been waiting 6 years for. Consider:

PROS:

6 speeds

KYB Suspension, rather than the sorry stuff on the R2

E-Start - which means a battery and alternator with more output than the earlier "F". Certainly enough for added horn, turn signals, gps, etc.

Retail price is *within reason* IMO

CONS:

Yes, it will be titled as "Off Road", but there are ways to get around that.

30 day warranty.  I don't know if a YES plan will be available in the USA

UNKNOWN:

Does it have a balance shaft?  If it does, and is smooth like the R2, I may well convince myself that at 25K miles my R2 is ready to either sell, or be repurposed as a street only ride.

A short ride on the new "F" will be all I need to determine the vibration level.  The R2 has spoiled me, and I can't go back to the cement mixer singles that make me want to get the ride over in an hour.

Hope springs eternal.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

WR450R? - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: WR450R?   WR450R? - Page 3 Empty

Back to top Go down

WR450R?
Page 3 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3