Welcome to the WRR/X Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Welcome to the WRR/X Forum

A place to share your passion for the WR250R/X!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
WR250R/X Forum

Tire balancing beads?

Go down 
+2
Evol
sophijo
6 posters
AuthorMessage
sophijo

Tire balancing beads? Empty
PostSubject: Tire balancing beads?   Tire balancing beads? EmptyThu Nov 27, 2014 1:32 pm

http://www.innovativebalancing.com/motorcycle.htm

....anyone tried these?
Back to top Go down
Evol

Evol

PostSubject: Re: Tire balancing beads?   Tire balancing beads? EmptyThu Nov 27, 2014 9:40 pm

Seems like a cool idea if it works. I never heard of this before.
Back to top Go down
rsteiger

rsteiger

PostSubject: Re: Tire balancing beads?   Tire balancing beads? EmptyFri Nov 28, 2014 1:24 am

I've used Dynabeads before on my Strom and back then my DR650.... then I bought a cheap tire balancer from Harbor Freight.

The HF Balancer while cheap does work really well and for the most part I do not use anything in the tires anymore with exception of my DS bikes.

For the DS bikes I will still use the Tire Balancer with spoke weights but after that I will add Ride On Sealant to the tube for protection against any 'trail' flats.

The thing I remember about those beads is that it was a pain in the backside to get them into the tire. I don't miss any of that anymore.
Back to top Go down
Biglake

PostSubject: Re: Tire balancing beads?   Tire balancing beads? EmptyFri Nov 28, 2014 8:40 pm

I ran them in the tubes on my KLR.

They work fine, my mt21s went from having a out of balance vibration at 90-100km/h to being vibration free at all speed once I installed the beads.

They are a pain to install but you only have to do it once as they stay in the tube so they're already in there at your next tire change.
Back to top Go down
Old Blue

PostSubject: Re: Tire balancing beads?   Tire balancing beads? EmptyFri Mar 06, 2015 7:31 pm

Just wondering??  Anyone try BB's???  Supposedly they are 4.5 mm, they should fit into a valve stem.  Maybe they would turn into one big rusted ball.
Back to top Go down
Rushblur

Rushblur

PostSubject: Re: Tire balancing beads?   Tire balancing beads? EmptySat Mar 07, 2015 11:36 am

I installed ride-on (slime) in my 17" street set (avon roadridder) and counteract (beads) in the 21/18 set (T63) last fall. Travis at GoRace suggested the beads.

Counteract was easier to install than the ride-on slime. Both lessened the bike vibration at 30+ mph. Ride-on seemed to be "heavier" and slightly slower to adjust - like it needed to warmup while Counteract seemed "dynamic." Then again these wheel sets and tires are far from identifical. Ride on offers the advantage of tire protection.

Against the suggestion of the products I did have a shop balance both sets of tires with weights before installing the product.

IMO - all in all both are worth the money if you want to reduce vibration and smooth out the ride. I've not done anything else to reduce vibration. I'll probably go with counteract in the future but then again the next time I replace tires I may reverse the application (counteract on 17s and rideon on 21/18) to see if the results are consistent.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Tire balancing beads?   Tire balancing beads? Empty

Back to top Go down

Tire balancing beads?
Page 1 of 1