Welcome to the WRR/X Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Welcome to the WRR/X Forum

A place to share your passion for the WR250R/X!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
WR250R/X Forum

Dyna/airsoft beads with Tubliss

Go down 
+3
Berwyn Henderson
Eurastus
RattTongue
7 posters
AuthorMessage
RattTongue

Dyna/airsoft beads with Tubliss Empty
PostSubject: Dyna/airsoft beads with Tubliss   Dyna/airsoft beads with Tubliss EmptySat Oct 15, 2011 2:07 pm

I installed an MT43 rear along with the Tubliss system (front is still stock tire and tube). Everything seems ok except the wheel seems really unbalanced at high speed (50+ w/ gps). Anyone use Dynabeads or airsoft beads? If so do I assume I put them down the rim lock valve and NOT the high pressure inner liner valve. If I use airsoft beads, how many?
Back to top Go down
Eurastus

Eurastus

PostSubject: Re: Dyna/airsoft beads with Tubliss   Dyna/airsoft beads with Tubliss EmptyMon Oct 17, 2011 12:05 pm

RattTongue wrote:
I installed an MT43 rear along with the Tubliss system (front is still stock tire and tube). Everything seems ok except the wheel seems really unbalanced at high speed (50+ w/ gps). Anyone use Dynabeads or airsoft beads? If so do I assume I put them down the rim lock valve and NOT the high pressure inner liner valve. If I use airsoft beads, how many?
You don't want to use Dynabeads with the Tubliss system. The previous owner of my bike had installed these and it ended up causing trouble with air leaks.

Somehow a bunch of the tiny Dynabeads slipped between the tire (in my case Dunlop 606) and the high-pressure red Tubliss inner liner at several places around the tire. This resulted in a number of slow leaks that caused the main chamber to run flat after 6-8 hours. I struggled with this for many months before I broke down, removed the tire and the Tubliss system, cleaned out all the Dynabeads, and re-mounted the whole setup.

I have no more problems with slow leaks now and everything works as it should.

The rim-lock of the Tubliss system does require quite some weight to balance out. I used a static balancer and the wheel is free of vibrations now...seems like I added a couple of ounces of weights across from the rim lock.

YMMV...and all that...
Back to top Go down
RattTongue

PostSubject: Re: Dyna/airsoft beads with Tubliss   Dyna/airsoft beads with Tubliss EmptyMon Oct 17, 2011 12:13 pm

Thanks for the feedback. I guess I will play it safe and just use wheel weights.
Back to top Go down
Berwyn Henderson

PostSubject: Re: Dyna/airsoft beads with Tubliss   Dyna/airsoft beads with Tubliss EmptyMon Oct 17, 2011 2:49 pm

I used the tubliss and had to use 6oz. to balance the tire. Berwyn
Back to top Go down
woxof

PostSubject: Dyna Beads Tubliss   Dyna/airsoft beads with Tubliss EmptyMon Apr 23, 2012 10:19 pm

I recently installed a Tubliss rear in my CRF250X. I already had the DynaBeads. With the valve core and low pressure valve/rubber block/rim lock all within 5 inches it seems imbalance would be an issue with the Tubliss installation (my X is street legal). My first thought was slapping on a wheel weight opposite. I emailed Jeff @ Tubliss (this guy is FANTASTIC on getting back to you by phone or email). He said the combined weight was about 1.5 OZ.; 1 OZ (28 grams to you who live where they are not still using a measurement system from the Middle Ages) is 4 US quarters and a nickle ( well, at least we have decimal currency). I believe the hardware runs a little more than that. Dyna Beads says 3 OZ in a dirt bike tire. I was going to do this and notified Jeff, but then read on the DynaBead site about making sure no mounting liquid, tire fix goop or water was in the tube (but we are using a tire only). In addition I came to the conclusion that the inner liner and tire must seal 100% and that if the pressure in the bladder dropped over time it might allow the beads (not compressible) to become like sand in the seal (as verified in another post). So I notified Jim of my change of heart. he replied that people had already done it and it worked. I am not convinced by second hand, apocryphal anecdotes. So no beads. On the other hand Jim does recommend Slime (low pressure only) if you think you may be prone to punctures (Cactus anyone)? Slime has a Slime volume calculator so it looks like a lot of slime but I'm thinking maybe 5 OZ instead of say 11 OZ. The Slime should act as a dynamic balancer just as the beads do. I could explain the theory (axis of rotation vs axis of mass) but suffice it to say i balanced about 12 tires on GS 850/650 over the years using and older Flat Fix/Balancer liquid. Both bikes were ridden at up to 100MPH (doesn't 160 kph sound a LOT faster?) and tires wore fine, no vibration. Off topic slightly: I also asked about Sliming the bladder. Not to prevent flats but to slow down what Jeff calls Permeation of the air through the tube (I say migration). He said Slime wouldn't help but Nitrogen would. I'm not a Nitrogen guy but for this application - bigger molecules - it might make sense if you have access to it.
Sean
Back to top Go down
RattTongue

PostSubject: Re: Dyna/airsoft beads with Tubliss   Dyna/airsoft beads with Tubliss EmptyTue Apr 24, 2012 10:47 am

I probably need to put some slime in mine. To balance my wheels I simply used spoke weights I got from my local Harley shop.
Back to top Go down
Hertz

Hertz

PostSubject: Re: Dyna/airsoft beads with Tubliss   Dyna/airsoft beads with Tubliss EmptyTue Apr 24, 2012 11:53 am

I don't know about motorcycles, but I know some guys who use a balancing powder on trucks and Jeeps. Do they make anything like that for motorcycle tires?
Back to top Go down
Rapid Dog

PostSubject: Re: Dyna/airsoft beads with Tubliss   Dyna/airsoft beads with Tubliss EmptyThu May 03, 2012 3:24 pm

Hertz wrote:
I don't know about motorcycles, but I know some guys who use a balancing powder on trucks and Jeeps. Do they make anything like that for motorcycle tires?

...go here: http://www.innovativebalancing.com/motorcycle.htm
Back to top Go down
Corndogs

PostSubject: balance   Dyna/airsoft beads with Tubliss EmptyThu May 03, 2012 8:16 pm

I HAVE TUBLISS ALSO 5.75 IN REAR AND 5.5 IN FRONT, RIGHT OPPOSITE RIM LOCK
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Dyna/airsoft beads with Tubliss   Dyna/airsoft beads with Tubliss Empty

Back to top Go down

Dyna/airsoft beads with Tubliss
Page 1 of 1