Welcome to the WRR/X Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Welcome to the WRR/X Forum

A place to share your passion for the WR250R/X!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
WR250R/X Forum

Flatland guard/skid, FMF programmer, Scaggs, install

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Caldsy

Caldsy

Flatland guard/skid, FMF programmer, Scaggs, install Empty
PostSubject: Flatland guard/skid, FMF programmer, Scaggs, install   Flatland guard/skid, FMF programmer, Scaggs, install EmptyMon Dec 01, 2014 11:38 am

picked up my new farkles from Houlton, ME today.  Since I live only an hour from the Border, I order all my stuff online and pick it up. Much cheaper then buying through Canada retailers (I hate to say it but it's true).  Did the Airbox Mod, installed a No Toil air filter, and also removed the AIS system.  what a load of junk!  Enjoyed a Saturday in the garage with a fire on and lots of cold beer!  

Flatland guard/skid, FMF programmer, Scaggs, install <a href=Flatland guard/skid, FMF programmer, Scaggs, install New_fa10" />

Flatland guard/skid, FMF programmer, Scaggs, install <a href=Flatland guard/skid, FMF programmer, Scaggs, install Fmf10" />

Flatland guard/skid, FMF programmer, Scaggs, install <a href=Flatland guard/skid, FMF programmer, Scaggs, install Rad_gu10" />

Flatland guard/skid, FMF programmer, Scaggs, install <a href=Flatland guard/skid, FMF programmer, Scaggs, install Scaggs11" />

Flatland guard/skid, FMF programmer, Scaggs, install <a href=Flatland guard/skid, FMF programmer, Scaggs, install Fork_s10" />

Flatland guard/skid, FMF programmer, Scaggs, install <a href=Flatland guard/skid, FMF programmer, Scaggs, install Spare_10" />

and a picture of my Commander after a first snowfall joy ride!

Flatland guard/skid, FMF programmer, Scaggs, install <a href=Flatland guard/skid, FMF programmer, Scaggs, install Snowy_10" />
Back to top Go down
Biglake

PostSubject: Re: Flatland guard/skid, FMF programmer, Scaggs, install   Flatland guard/skid, FMF programmer, Scaggs, install EmptyMon Dec 01, 2014 8:18 pm

Looks good. thumb

Just a heads up on the red guard and fork skins tho.

The bikes plastic is still bolted to the rad not the rad guard so it does nothing protecting your rad in a tip over.

I have the same guard, I used a jip tie in the bottom bolt for the plastic so it cant push in on the rad and put a roughly 1/2 inch by 2 inch piece of 1/4 inch alumimium flat bar along the edge of the guard with a bolt hole drilled in it so the top mount bolt holds it in place. With this mod to the guard the plastic pushes on the guard not the rad in tip overs.

Those fork skins hold a lot of dirt too, if you keep em take them off and wash under them often.

No one runs them around here as they hold more mud in than they keep out, they're for dry dusty places not the wet mudy maritimes.
Back to top Go down
Caldsy

Caldsy

PostSubject: Re: Flatland guard/skid, FMF programmer, Scaggs, install   Flatland guard/skid, FMF programmer, Scaggs, install EmptyMon Dec 01, 2014 8:26 pm

Thanks for the heads up Biglake. I thought about the fork skins when I was installing as to whether they were more beneficial.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Flatland guard/skid, FMF programmer, Scaggs, install   Flatland guard/skid, FMF programmer, Scaggs, install Empty

Back to top Go down

Flatland guard/skid, FMF programmer, Scaggs, install
Page 1 of 1