Welcome to the WRR/X Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Welcome to the WRR/X Forum

A place to share your passion for the WR250R/X!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
WR250R/X Forum

skid plate (flatland or ricochet)

Go down 
+17
marty
TBird1
jon_l
crazy_dave
Matty
BakerDT
malibu_dan
olddog
Chief_Lee_Visceral
router.exe
eakins
skierd
jason meacham
Dancamp
SheWolf
DanLap
inspector
21 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
inspector

inspector

skid plate  (flatland or ricochet) Empty
PostSubject: skid plate (flatland or ricochet)   skid plate  (flatland or ricochet) EmptyWed Mar 17, 2010 9:44 pm

Sorry, I know there are other threads but...

Which one FlatLand or Ricochet?

Price is close enough that it will be one of the two. I've seen plenty of Flatland pics close up but not any good ones of the Ricochet.

*ordering tomorrow so....
Back to top Go down
DanLap

DanLap

PostSubject: Re: skid plate (flatland or ricochet)   skid plate  (flatland or ricochet) EmptyWed Mar 17, 2010 9:54 pm

Flatland seem to be built better, but is your call......!
Back to top Go down
SheWolf
Alpha Rider
SheWolf

PostSubject: Re: skid plate (flatland or ricochet)   skid plate  (flatland or ricochet) EmptyWed Mar 17, 2010 10:14 pm

*coughs* B&B!!*coughs* skid plate  (flatland or ricochet) Sprint

inspector

PostSubject: Re: skid plate (flatland or ricochet)   skid plate  (flatland or ricochet) EmptyWed Mar 17, 2010 10:16 pm

^^haha, i wish. Price is the factor here, otherwise the B&B is the hottest.
Back to top Go down
Dancamp

PostSubject: Re: skid plate (flatland or ricochet)   skid plate  (flatland or ricochet) EmptyWed Mar 17, 2010 10:25 pm

What's so hot with the B&B ?

It looks pretty much like the Flatland. Made from the same material and same shape.
Back to top Go down
SheWolf
Alpha Rider
SheWolf

PostSubject: Re: skid plate (flatland or ricochet)   skid plate  (flatland or ricochet) EmptyWed Mar 17, 2010 10:37 pm

Mounts differently (more solid mounting, uses the rear motor mounts), bends are a bit different and it's shiny! Oh and you don't need to use baffling to get rid of noise, as it's doesn't give off any vibrations. skid plate  (flatland or ricochet) 61865

jason meacham

PostSubject: Re: skid plate (flatland or ricochet)   skid plate  (flatland or ricochet) EmptyWed Mar 17, 2010 11:30 pm

I don't know much about the flatlander but I've got the ricochet and I like it , I've got no complaints. skid plate  (flatland or ricochet) 945348
Back to top Go down
skierd

PostSubject: Re: skid plate (flatland or ricochet)   skid plate  (flatland or ricochet) EmptyThu Mar 18, 2010 12:52 am

I've had both, richochet on the first bike and flatlands now (get the WR250R Flatlands package from Dual Sport Amory, don't forget the forum discount...). I like the flatlands somewhat better, but they are pretty comparable.
Back to top Go down
eakins

PostSubject: Re: skid plate (flatland or ricochet)   skid plate  (flatland or ricochet) EmptyFri Mar 19, 2010 2:26 am

SheWolf wrote:
*coughs* B&B!!*coughs* skid plate  (flatland or ricochet) Sprint

thought you said you had a force plate?
http://www.forceaccessories.com.au/Page/Products.php
http://www.bboffroad.com.au/wr_250r_steel_frame.htm
Back to top Go down
SheWolf
Alpha Rider
SheWolf

PostSubject: Re: skid plate (flatland or ricochet)   skid plate  (flatland or ricochet) EmptyFri Mar 19, 2010 7:09 pm

I have a B&B skid and a Force Rad guard. skid plate  (flatland or ricochet) 61865

PostSubject: Re: skid plate (flatland or ricochet)   skid plate  (flatland or ricochet) EmptyFri Mar 19, 2010 11:39 pm

Hmm thanks for that link, I think I'll get the master cylinder guard at some point. Never liked how exposed it is...
Back to top Go down
inspector

inspector

PostSubject: Re: skid plate (flatland or ricochet)   skid plate  (flatland or ricochet) EmptySat Apr 03, 2010 1:24 pm

*edit....I went mid-evil on the household garbage. It was nasty. Then I went on a room-by-room cleaning spree. Finally found the little baggy of bolts in the couch cushions as i was vacuuming, right where i was working on lining the skid plate. skid plate  (flatland or ricochet) 986936

uhm....it's been a bad week. Sometime between garbage day and now, my bolts and washers for the FlatLand skidplate has gone missing skid plate  (flatland or ricochet) 9356 skid plate  (flatland or ricochet) 29721 . If someone wants to be my hero...I could use the the size of the bolts (all 4 the same?). skid plate  (flatland or ricochet) 204616
Back to top Go down
inspector

inspector

PostSubject: Re: skid plate (flatland or ricochet)   skid plate  (flatland or ricochet) EmptySun Apr 04, 2010 4:36 pm

well i finally installed the skid plate and...really? Come on!

skid plate  (flatland or ricochet) DSCF1150-1

skid plate  (flatland or ricochet) DSCF1148

skid plate  (flatland or ricochet) DSCF1147

I wasn't really happy with the fit and finish to begin with, but I figured with the price being so cheap...it was ok. Meaning the edges were very sharp. Also the washers are standard 7/16".
Anyway, looks like i'll be taking it off to machine down the two corners since they are hitting. I know, you are thinking it doesn't pivot at that point so who cares if it is touching. Well if it covered it up more it would be ok, but with it just barely touching it will start to dig in.
Back to top Go down
SheWolf
Alpha Rider
SheWolf

PostSubject: Re: skid plate (flatland or ricochet)   skid plate  (flatland or ricochet) EmptySun Apr 04, 2010 5:42 pm

Oh damn...yeah, that truly sucks. skid plate  (flatland or ricochet) 640571 Mine covers all the way to the back of the case.

router.exe

PostSubject: Re: skid plate (flatland or ricochet)   skid plate  (flatland or ricochet) EmptyMon Apr 05, 2010 2:37 pm

should have got the ricochet like i told you.
Back to top Go down
Chief_Lee_Visceral

PostSubject: Re: skid plate (flatland or ricochet)   skid plate  (flatland or ricochet) EmptyMon Apr 05, 2010 5:11 pm

I bought the Ricochet in haste because where we ride a lot the rocks make it mandatory. First time I put it on a stand realized that the OEM bolts had to go. Replaced with some tapered ones and kind of countersunk them a little and added that sticky back foam insulation between the frame rails and the plate for sound deadening.
Back to top Go down
eakins

PostSubject: Re: skid plate (flatland or ricochet)   skid plate  (flatland or ricochet) EmptyTue Apr 06, 2010 2:00 pm

that's lame!

flatland is competing on price.
their rad guard is also obviuosly designed cheaper.
imo their products are not worth it unless you are buying the cheapest.
so they don't even take the time to finish the edges so they are not sharp???

does the utah sport plate come all the back, anyone???
it looks longer.
does it have resonance noise issues like FL?
http://69.94.125.252/store/page255.html

inspector wrote:
well i finally installed the skid plate and...really? Come on!

skid plate  (flatland or ricochet) DSCF1150-1

skid plate  (flatland or ricochet) DSCF1148

skid plate  (flatland or ricochet) DSCF1147

I wasn't really happy with the fit and finish to begin with, but I figured with the price being so cheap...it was ok. Meaning the edges were very sharp. Also the washers are standard 7/16".
Anyway, looks like i'll be taking it off to machine down the two corners since they are hitting. I know, you are thinking it doesn't pivot at that point so who cares if it is touching. Well if it covered it up more it would be ok, but with it just barely touching it will start to dig in.
Back to top Go down
eakins

PostSubject: Re: skid plate (flatland or ricochet)   skid plate  (flatland or ricochet) EmptyTue Apr 06, 2010 2:04 pm

skierd wrote:
I've had both, richochet on the first bike and flatlands now (get the WR250R Flatlands package from Dual Sport Amory, don't forget the forum discount...). I like the flatlands somewhat better, but they are pretty comparable.

did the richocet come back farther?
besides some holes drilled up front on the flat land (which i doubt does much) what was different/better?
Back to top Go down
olddog

PostSubject: differences   skid plate  (flatland or ricochet) EmptyTue Apr 06, 2010 4:29 pm

The Ricochet that I got from the Thumper Talk store, does come back and cover the frame bottom, probably 2-3 inches longer. Hard to tell, without side by side comparison, but the wings on the Ricochet may not wrap around the sides and cover as well as the Flatland. The Ricochet did bolt right up perfectly. The fasteners are stainless, but agree that the bottom bolts stick down to much, and I will look for some round head allen bolts and change them out.
Back to top Go down
malibu_dan

malibu_dan

PostSubject: Re: skid plate (flatland or ricochet)   skid plate  (flatland or ricochet) EmptyTue Apr 06, 2010 4:35 pm

My boy has the Richochet, I have the FL. If you guys can unknot your panties long enough I'll take peechurs of both and post them up.

I can tell you from changing the oil last night on both, the bolt hole is bigger on the FL and easier to get your fingers in there. Didn't matter in the end--I still dropped it in the drain buckets skid plate  (flatland or ricochet) 9356
Back to top Go down
SheWolf
Alpha Rider
SheWolf

PostSubject: Re: skid plate (flatland or ricochet)   skid plate  (flatland or ricochet) EmptyTue Apr 06, 2010 4:51 pm

It's worse if the oil is hot... skid plate  (flatland or ricochet) 640571

inspector

PostSubject: Re: skid plate (flatland or ricochet)   skid plate  (flatland or ricochet) EmptyTue Apr 06, 2010 7:26 pm

malibu_dan wrote:
.... If you guys can unknot your panties long enough I'll take peechurs of both and post them up.

Interwebz is serioz biznezz wink
Back to top Go down
malibu_dan

malibu_dan

PostSubject: Re: skid plate (flatland or ricochet)   skid plate  (flatland or ricochet) EmptyTue Apr 06, 2010 10:43 pm

Sorry... after dark in the garage with a halogen trouble light.

Richochet

skid plate  (flatland or ricochet) Richo_90

skid plate  (flatland or ricochet) Richo_93

skid plate  (flatland or ricochet) Richo_94

FlatLand

skid plate  (flatland or ricochet) Fl_97

skid plate  (flatland or ricochet) Fl_98

skid plate  (flatland or ricochet) Fl_99

My quick assessment. Richochet is couple inches longer on back edge. Flatland has better side protection, and a little better coverage from the front as well. YMMV. Now back to the regularly scheduled knotting... notice I threw a little mud on her for Wolfie...

hide
Back to top Go down
SheWolf
Alpha Rider
SheWolf

PostSubject: Re: skid plate (flatland or ricochet)   skid plate  (flatland or ricochet) EmptyTue Apr 06, 2010 11:40 pm

Threw, as in you had a playboy model toss it on there for you? Here I thought maybe you had run through a gooey cow pie. skid plate  (flatland or ricochet) 622730

PostSubject: Re: skid plate (flatland or ricochet)   skid plate  (flatland or ricochet) EmptyWed Apr 07, 2010 1:24 pm

tami post this on adv

it's from b and b moto
http://www.bandbmoto.com/Page_5.php

not to be confused with b&b (from australia)
the one that shewolf uses
http://www.bboffroad.com.au/wr_250r_steel_frame.htm

notice how that is 1 single piece of alum. bent around.
very beefy & it looks to go all the way to the back & flip up some against the frame (like the richocet one does). one downside i see to using a single piece of alum. is the lower front area makes more of a sharp bend vs using a curved lower piece (for better ride over performance on say a log or something)

i do like how the flatland comes up taller than this one, in the front.

skid plate  (flatland or ricochet) 830331211eb6dcl

Last edited by eakins on Wed Apr 07, 2010 1:59 pm; edited 6 times in total
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: skid plate (flatland or ricochet)   skid plate  (flatland or ricochet) Empty

Back to top Go down

skid plate (flatland or ricochet)
Page 1 of 3Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next