Welcome to the WRR/X Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Welcome to the WRR/X Forum

A place to share your passion for the WR250R/X!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
WR250R/X Forum

New Member from San Jose California

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
mramosc

mramosc

New Member from San Jose California Empty
PostSubject: New Member from San Jose California   New Member from San Jose California EmptyTue Jan 06, 2015 3:32 am

Hi all,

I just realized that although I have been reading a lot from this forum for a while, I had never posted anything.
So hello all, my name is Marcelo, live in San Jose, and got my WR back in July.
I'm fairly new to motorcycles in general, and this is my second motorcycle. So far I absolutelly love it.
I also like to customize anything I have, so I changed color and graphics in order to make it more my own. Here is my white WR250R
New Member from San Jose California DIMG_2869
Back to top Go down
Evol

Evol

PostSubject: Re: New Member from San Jose California   New Member from San Jose California EmptyTue Jan 06, 2015 7:43 am

Welcome and enjoy the ride !! thumb
Back to top Go down
rarepartbuilder

rarepartbuilder

PostSubject: Re: New Member from San Jose California   New Member from San Jose California EmptyTue Jan 06, 2015 8:12 pm

nice choice of graphics..welcome to the site!
Back to top Go down
mramosc

mramosc

PostSubject: Re: New Member from San Jose California   New Member from San Jose California EmptyWed Jan 07, 2015 3:57 am

Thanks!
Back to top Go down
Hog86r

PostSubject: Re: New Member from San Jose California   New Member from San Jose California EmptyWed Jan 07, 2015 10:16 pm

I like that a LOT.

is that genuine Yamaha stuff?
what's it cost to make a blue bike a white bike?
would like to do the same.
any advice?
thanks,
Back to top Go down
mramosc

mramosc

PostSubject: Re: New Member from San Jose California   New Member from San Jose California EmptyWed Jan 07, 2015 10:43 pm

Hog86r wrote:
I like that a LOT.

is that genuine Yamaha stuff?
what's it cost to make a blue bike a white bike?
would like to do the same.
any advice?
thanks,

Thanks very much!

The white plastics are genuine Yamaha plastics, not very expensive, in total I think I spent around $150 for everything from:
http://www.partshark.com/oemparts/a/yam/500478c4f8700209bc7987c7/side-cover

The 2010 WR250X came in white, so all you gotta do is order plastics for that model/year.

The stickers are a different story. Initially what I wanted is to have a white WR like the ones sold in Europe. The plastics were easy to get, but could not find any place to buy the graphics. Then found that there is a lot of after market stickers en ebay for our bikes, but didn't like any. Then I saw a 2015 YZ450F and loved the graphics, but they wouldn't fit our bike, so I decided to design my own based on that other bike.
Found a company that make car stickers and sent them a file with my design and a week later a got my custom graphics. The price was actually pretty good too, the whole set of stickers only cost me $52, way lower than the cost original Yamaha stickers. I even made some matching stickers for my helmet!
And since I was making my own custom stickers, I went all the way and even had my avatar name on them. Below are some more pictures.
New Member from San Jose California DIMG_2892

New Member from San Jose California DIMG_2868

New Member from San Jose California DIMG_2867

I'll be happy to help you with having your stickers made, it's pretty fun for me and I already did all the hard work of measuring all the plastics and creating templates. The only thing I'm not sure though is if I want somebody else with my exact same design Very happy .... but we'll see
Back to top Go down
Hog86r

PostSubject: Re: New Member from San Jose California   New Member from San Jose California EmptyThu Jan 08, 2015 10:54 pm

totally understand your position on the unique graphics.
thanks for the detailed info.

you did a fine job on the bike.

corbin seat??
Back to top Go down
mramosc

mramosc

PostSubject: Re: New Member from San Jose California   New Member from San Jose California EmptyFri Jan 09, 2015 4:35 am

Hog86r wrote:
totally understand your position on the unique graphics.
thanks for the detailed info.

you did a fine job on the bike.

corbin seat??

Thanks again!

The seat is a Seat Concepts. Better than the OEM, but not as great as I expected.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: New Member from San Jose California   New Member from San Jose California Empty

Back to top Go down

New Member from San Jose California
Page 1 of 1