Welcome to the WRR/X Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Welcome to the WRR/X Forum

A place to share your passion for the WR250R/X!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
WR250R/X Forum

Speedo reading very high like double actual

Go down 
+2
bronco
waltermitty
6 posters
AuthorMessage
waltermitty

Speedo reading very high like double actual Empty
PostSubject: Speedo reading very high like double actual   Speedo reading very high like double actual EmptyFri Feb 27, 2015 1:01 pm

This is on '10 WR250X previously owned by a kid who gave it a beating. The speedo is working but reading very high like 50 at 20 actual. I haven't had a chance to take a close look. I am assuming that the speedo pickup is on the countershaft. Anything to look for/at? According to previous owner sprocket has not been changed.
Back to top Go down
bronco

PostSubject: Re: Speedo reading very high like double actual   Speedo reading very high like double actual EmptyFri Feb 27, 2015 1:58 pm

This happens with most WRRs at some point. Most install a Speedo DRD or other speedo healer to fix the speedometer.
Back to top Go down
motokid
motokid

PostSubject: Re: Speedo reading very high like double actual   Speedo reading very high like double actual EmptyFri Feb 27, 2015 3:04 pm

Don't take this the wrong way, but are you sure you're reading in mph and not kph?

Seriously, I'm not poking fun here. Shog

Airbox Door Removed - Flapper glued - AIS removed
FmF Q4
Bridgestone Battlax BT-003rs
Back to top Go down
ezrdr55

ezrdr55

PostSubject: Re: Speedo reading very high like double actual   Speedo reading very high like double actual EmptyFri Feb 27, 2015 3:04 pm

Are you sure you're in MPH?
Back to top Go down
waltermitty

PostSubject: Re: Speedo reading very high like double actual   Speedo reading very high like double actual EmptyFri Feb 27, 2015 3:44 pm

After doing some exploring I think I found my answer. Previous own mentioned he just replaced battery. Looks like a speedo healer is in my future.
Back to top Go down
Womble

PostSubject: Re: Speedo reading very high like double actual   Speedo reading very high like double actual EmptySun Apr 15, 2018 2:42 pm

I know its an old thread, but this is the one which came up when I searched for my problem - which is the same as the TO indicated. After hibernating my X for a longer period (nearly 3 years) with the battery disconnected, I placed now a new battery. The bike fired up at first try (amazing technology), but when I made a small round around the house, I noticed that the speedo shows roughly 3 x higher speeds. First time my X reaches speeds of 170 km/h wink

Can someone explain to me what exactly does the speedo healer ?

Thanks.
Back to top Go down
on2wheels52

PostSubject: Re: Speedo reading very high like double actual   Speedo reading very high like double actual EmptyMon Apr 16, 2018 8:11 am

I'm not sure the Healer would correct that much. It makes corrections in %, either + or -. I don't think it goes over 100%, would have to dig out the instructions.
fwiw, I put one on a DL650, on the WR I just use the GPS. I put a sticker over the bike speedo dunno
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Speedo reading very high like double actual   Speedo reading very high like double actual Empty

Back to top Go down

Speedo reading very high like double actual
Page 1 of 1