Welcome to the WRR/X Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Welcome to the WRR/X Forum

A place to share your passion for the WR250R/X!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
WR250R/X Forum

Actual MPG figures?

Go down 
+13
Delta_T
canyon63
oic0
Swagger
outlaw230
skierd
kingsquid
sturgeon
mordicai
Arkmage
motokid
sswrx
thelandman
17 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
thelandman

Actual MPG figures? Empty
PostSubject: Actual MPG figures?   Actual MPG figures? EmptyThu May 17, 2012 12:51 pm

Rated at 71mpg, was wondering what mpg this bike gets out on the highways??
Back to top Go down
sswrx

sswrx

PostSubject: Re: Actual MPG figures?   Actual MPG figures? EmptyThu May 17, 2012 12:59 pm

I have been getting 65 - 69 mpg on the highway maintaining 55 - 60 mph. If you try to run higher speeds, you will be fighting wind resistance more & have to open the throttle 3/4 or more to maintain the higher speed which will have a negative impact on mileage. Rider & gear also will affect mileage.
Back to top Go down
motokid
motokid

PostSubject: Re: Actual MPG figures?   Actual MPG figures? EmptyThu May 17, 2012 4:09 pm

There are lots of threads around here regarding mpg.

The range is 40-102

Most appear to be in the 50 to upper 60 range.

Only one guy got the 102.

Some do get in the 70's but not many.

If you're doing some kind of "justification" for some reason, use 60-65mpg

Everything depends on the throttle hand and the mods a person has.

I get 50-55 mpg pretty regularly. Never gotten much higher but I don't ride for gas mileage. I ride for fun.

Airbox Door Removed - Flapper glued - AIS removed
FmF Q4
Bridgestone Battlax BT-003rs
Back to top Go down
Arkmage

PostSubject: Re: Actual MPG figures?   Actual MPG figures? EmptyThu May 17, 2012 5:02 pm

I also get 50-55 mpg. Worst i've done is 43mpg with a poorly tuned programmer.

I'm thinking about swapping gear ratios again soon so i'll have to record a few tanks before/after and see where I'm at these days. Stopped tracking 6 months ago.
Back to top Go down
thelandman

PostSubject: Re: Actual MPG figures?   Actual MPG figures? EmptyThu May 17, 2012 8:59 pm

102mpg???? Wo. OK, got to get me one of these. Actually, found one here in TX and should be getting it shortly.
Back to top Go down
mordicai

PostSubject: Re: Actual MPG figures?   Actual MPG figures? EmptyThu May 17, 2012 9:34 pm

+1 50-55 mpg
Back to top Go down
Arkmage

PostSubject: Re: Actual MPG figures?   Actual MPG figures? EmptyThu May 17, 2012 9:59 pm

thelandman wrote:
Found one here in TX and should be getting it shortly.

where at in TX?
Back to top Go down
sturgeon

sturgeon

PostSubject: Re: Actual MPG figures?   Actual MPG figures? EmptyFri May 18, 2012 10:14 am

My average with stock gearing over the past while has been 4 l/100 km. That works out to about 59 mpg in US gallons.

I've now done a couple of tanks with 13/48 gearing, and it seems to be holding about the same.
Back to top Go down
thelandman

PostSubject: Re: Actual MPG figures?   Actual MPG figures? EmptyFri May 18, 2012 12:18 pm

Arkmage wrote:
thelandman wrote:

where at in TX?

La Grange area.
Back to top Go down
kingsquid

kingsquid

PostSubject: Re: Actual MPG figures?   Actual MPG figures? EmptyMon May 21, 2012 2:00 pm

thelandman wrote:
Arkmage wrote:
thelandman wrote:

where at in TX?

La Grange area.

In a shack outside La Grange
and you know what I'm talkin' about.
Back to top Go down
thelandman

PostSubject: Re: Actual MPG figures?   Actual MPG figures? EmptyMon May 21, 2012 9:59 pm

Well, got 68.2mpg on the first tank..not bad at all.
Back to top Go down
skierd

PostSubject: Re: Actual MPG figures?   Actual MPG figures? EmptyTue May 22, 2012 3:24 am

I've gotten as low as 40mpg and as high as 75mpg. Usually average around 50-55mpg on paved roads, 45-50mpg on interstate, and 60-65mpg on trails and fire roads. These are averages over a combined ~55k miles on my first (stolen) WR250R and current WR250R with X wheels.
Back to top Go down
outlaw230

outlaw230

PostSubject: f   Actual MPG figures? EmptyFri May 25, 2012 9:39 am

I get 55-65 depending on how I drive. Im sure if you drive really slow you could get it above 80 easy.
Back to top Go down
Swagger

Swagger

PostSubject: Re: Actual MPG figures?   Actual MPG figures? EmptyMon May 28, 2012 1:03 pm

+1 at 55-65
Back to top Go down
oic0

oic0

PostSubject: Re: Actual MPG figures?   Actual MPG figures? EmptyTue May 29, 2012 7:10 pm

I got 72 while breaking it in and driving like a granpa. I get 58-62mpg running it like an idiot and finding the rev limiter frequently, but with no highway time. If I cruise at 75mph it gets about 50-55mpg. I got higher mileage when I had lighter tires, I averaged about 5mpg higher. These heavy shinkos take a toll. Probably due to the incessant start stop nature of my commute.

My fuelly thing in my signature is tempered by my weekend trips down the interstate to visit friends and family. 75mph sucks fuel like a mofo.
Back to top Go down
canyon63

PostSubject: Re: Actual MPG figures?   Actual MPG figures? EmptyThu Jul 05, 2012 1:14 am

really depends on how you drive 50-70mpg

http://www.fuelly.com/motorcycle/yamaha/wr250x
Back to top Go down
Delta_T

Delta_T

PostSubject: Re: Actual MPG figures?   Actual MPG figures? EmptyThu Jul 05, 2012 8:46 am

I topped 70 mpg when I bought the bike. Now I do about 60 mpg. I don't drive like crazy but I do use the whole bike. The point of a bike is to have as much fun as possible on it, not to get the best mpg. Life is too short.
Back to top Go down
mrgeoff

PostSubject: Re: Actual MPG figures?   Actual MPG figures? EmptySat Nov 24, 2012 3:30 pm

I get near on 70mpg (UK) but only just started logging as below.

Actual MPG figures? 161331

Geoff.
Back to top Go down
oic0

oic0

PostSubject: Re: Actual MPG figures?   Actual MPG figures? EmptySat Nov 24, 2012 5:44 pm

mrgeoff wrote:
I get near on 70mpg (UK) but only just started logging as below.

Actual MPG figures? 161331

Geoff.

Thats only like 58mpg in US gallons :P

On that note... I wonder if milk is sold over there in big ol gallon jugs like our little gallon jugs. Oh and when somone buys you a pint of beer Very happy you get 20% more Very happy
Back to top Go down
mrgeoff

PostSubject: Re: Actual MPG figures?   Actual MPG figures? EmptyMon Nov 26, 2012 1:59 pm

Oh our bigger gallons do cost more, a LOT more!!!
Back to top Go down
thelandman

PostSubject: Re: Actual MPG figures?   Actual MPG figures? EmptyMon Feb 04, 2013 10:09 pm

Anyone notice a decrease in MPG as temps get colder???
Back to top Go down
skrew

PostSubject: Re: Actual MPG figures?   Actual MPG figures? EmptyTue Feb 05, 2013 2:34 am

Yeah, few years in a row...
Back to top Go down
skrew

PostSubject: Re: Actual MPG figures?   Actual MPG figures? EmptyTue Feb 05, 2013 6:49 am

Actual MPG figures? Fuel%20efficiency_201302050940
Actual MPG figures? Fuel%20efficiency_201302051239
Actual MPG figures? Fuel%20efficiency_201302050939

3 years in a row...
Actual MPG figures? Fuel%20efficiency_201302050941
Back to top Go down
thelandman

PostSubject: Re: Actual MPG figures?   Actual MPG figures? EmptyThu Feb 07, 2013 9:28 pm

Wow..very interesting. I was getting around 70 during the summer and now its down to 57. Guess the ECU likes to run a little richer (choke?) with the colder temps. Thanks

Where is the air temp sensor located on these beasties?
Back to top Go down
skrew

PostSubject: Re: Actual MPG figures?   Actual MPG figures? EmptyFri Feb 08, 2013 2:45 am

On the left side of the airbox. If you loot at this opposite side from opened airbox door, you should see it at the upper left...
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Actual MPG figures?   Actual MPG figures? Empty

Back to top Go down

Actual MPG figures?
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next