Welcome to the WRR/X Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Welcome to the WRR/X Forum

A place to share your passion for the WR250R/X!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
WR250R/X Forum

new member from Michigan

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
old wrrastler

new member from Michigan Empty
PostSubject: new member from Michigan   new member from Michigan EmptySun Mar 01, 2015 2:19 am

Hello WRR/X people.  I’ve been lurking for a while here (and other forums) trying to decide what bike to choose.  

Spoiler Alert… I chose a WR250R.  My dream bike is a KTM Freeride but it isn’t practical for me at this point in my life.  So it was down to the obvious two: WRR or Suzuki DRZ400.  I settled on the WRR.  I don’t imagine anyone here needs me to elaborate on why.

I want to start out here by saying thank you to everyone who contributes.  I’ve been a frequent reader and poster on forums for mountain-bikers, Yamaha Zuma scooters and
GM trucks.  Unbiased sharing of information is a wonderful thing.

I feel like I’m late to the WRR party, as it has been available since 2008 in the USA (Michigan) but I only became aware of it in 2014.

I have been riding since the early 1970s but my most recent off-road-able motorcycle was a 1992 Honda XR250L.  The bikes have really improved in the almost twenty years since I sold that machine.  I’ve been reading about the WRR and looking at web photos and videos but I never actually saw one in person until today.  I drove 3.5 hours to the northern tip of Michigan’s Lower Peninsula to check out a 2014 WR250R with under a thousand miles.  It was just as the seller presented it on Craig’s List.  After a short test ride we agreed on a price and now it is all mine.  

I’m looking forward to dialing it in and rediscovering the joy.  

Stopped on the way home from purchase to photograph with the Mackinaw Bridge in background.  Straits of Mackinaw where Lake Michigan meets Lake Huron.
new member from Michigan IMG_0402%20WR%20Mackinaw%20selfe
Back to top Go down
Evol

Evol

PostSubject: Re: new member from Michigan   new member from Michigan EmptySun Mar 01, 2015 8:06 am

Congrats on your new purchase and welcome to the club !!!  thumb
Back to top Go down
YZEtc

YZEtc

PostSubject: Re: new member from Michigan   new member from Michigan EmptySun Mar 01, 2015 8:09 am

Howdy. :)

I remember the XR250L.
The WR250R has a fair bit more horsepower, as I'm sure you will see.
Back to top Go down
TwoBuells

TwoBuells

PostSubject: Re: new member from Michigan   new member from Michigan EmptySun Mar 01, 2015 9:55 am

very cool purchase! thumb
(I rode my Fatboy across the Mackinaw Bridge, across the UP to Milwaukee for HD's 95th)

Back to top Go down
mcdoudlehopper

mcdoudlehopper

PostSubject: Re: new member from Michigan   new member from Michigan EmptySun Mar 01, 2015 9:57 pm

Congrats Michigan brother! Wish you were in the U.P. need more people to ride with. You will love THE BIKE
Back to top Go down
old wrrastler

PostSubject: Re: new member from Michigan   new member from Michigan EmptyTue Mar 03, 2015 2:11 pm

Thank you for the welcome everyone.

YZEtc wrote:
Howdy.  :)

I remember the XR250L.
The WR250R has a fair bit more horsepower, as I'm sure you will see.

Yes, the XR250L was a dog.  Stepping down from a mid 80s XT350, it was a let-down for power.  I was very pleased with my first ride on my WRR.  It only took a little throttle and gentle tug on the bars to bring the front end right up.

mcdoublehopper wrote:
Congrats Michigan brother! Wish you were in the U.P. need more people to ride with. You will love THE BIKE

I can hardly wait to get up there to Michigan’s UP. Drummond Island is my favorite get-away. I'm also looking forward to Copper Harbor.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: new member from Michigan   new member from Michigan Empty

Back to top Go down

new member from Michigan
Page 1 of 1