Welcome to the WRR/X Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Welcome to the WRR/X Forum

A place to share your passion for the WR250R/X!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
WR250R/X Forum

Front Brake Disk Guard

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
WolfpackFBNS

Front Brake Disk Guard Empty
PostSubject: Front Brake Disk Guard   Front Brake Disk Guard EmptyMon Mar 16, 2015 11:20 am

I have a WRX and am transitioning more to dirt, anyway I see dirt bikes with protection for the front brake disk and I was wondering if anyone knows if they are universal (meaning anything will bolt right up) or is there someone that makes them for a WRX? Has anyone had any major issues with damage done to the brake disk when offroading?
Back to top Go down
Jens Eskildsen

PostSubject: Re: Front Brake Disk Guard   Front Brake Disk Guard EmptyMon Mar 16, 2015 12:17 pm

They'r not universal, the bikes that have them fitted have small threaded holes on the front fork to mount the protector. But zipties goes a long way I guess.

I've ridden my motarded xt600 in some prety serious dirt and rocks, without an issue. I personally wouldn't bother.
Back to top Go down
WolfpackFBNS

PostSubject: Re: Front Brake Disk Guard   Front Brake Disk Guard EmptyMon Mar 16, 2015 12:26 pm

Jens Eskildsen wrote:
They'r not universal, the bikes that have them fitted have small threaded holes on the front fork to mount the protector. But zipties goes a long way I guess.

I've ridden my motarded xt600 in some prety serious dirt and rocks, without an issue. I personally wouldn't bother.

Cool, thanks for the info! thumb
Back to top Go down
Berwyn Henderson

PostSubject: Re: Front Brake Disk Guard   Front Brake Disk Guard EmptyMon Mar 16, 2015 3:36 pm

I run the X 17 inch wheels with the X caliper and have yet done damage to the disc, but I do NOT ride the very rough stuff if I can help it! thumb Shog tough Peace YAM Berwyn
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Front Brake Disk Guard   Front Brake Disk Guard Empty

Back to top Go down

Front Brake Disk Guard
Page 1 of 1